Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ryan Kerrigan Highlights

IronSkin

Im not diggin this very much, this guy is supposed to be converted to LB and this guy is pretty slow runnin a 4.7. Not even close to wat orakpo brings. Hes not that nimble, and he cant turn corners very well cuz of his hips. You can watch all these videos and be excited, but this is the nfl not college. Shanny is gonna have to prove me wrong with this pick, but hes definately need a speed rusher.

I like the pick and also agree that Lorenzo should be an inside backer. Have no idea why Rocky was inside and Lorenzo outside. Should have been switched. I love the way this kid gets to the ball and forces turnovers. Looking forward to lots of sacks and forced fumbles from this kid. Go Ryan. Bring IT - HTTR

Im not diggin this very much, this guy is supposed to be converted to LB and this guy is pretty slow runnin a 4.7. Not even close to wat orakpo brings. Hes not that nimble, and he cant turn corners very well cuz of his hips. You can watch all these videos and be excited, but this is the nfl not college. Shanny is gonna have to prove me wrong with this pick, but hes definately need a speed rusher.

4.7 is not a slow 40 time for 3-4 OLB. It's not blazing fast, but it's certainly not slow either. Orakpo ran a 4.63. Plus, he'll be playing on the left side of the line, where he'll face right tackles. Have you ever seen him play in a game? My guess is no, because this dude is a beast. Mark my words ... you're wrong.

He ran a 4.67 at the combine. Orakpo ran a 4.7. I can't comment on his ability to turn corners or cover because I never had Kerrigan on my radar. However it sounds like you may be confusing him with someone else or basing your opinion on false assumptions.

Not every pass rusher needs to be a speed guy. He's fast enough and he can also be a force in the run game. Here's to hoping we can steal a NT or 5 tech tonight to really solidify that front 7.

Watching the highlights, I noticed on several plays, the blocker trying his best to hold Ryan to no avail.

Instead of leaning back and continuing his route like Orakpo, he uses his hands, gets low, changes direction to shed off the blocker.

Maybe Brian can get some pointers from Ryan.

Happy with the pick. Although, it did seem like a lot of his sacks / TFL did come in a sitaution that was unevated to the ball carrier. He did show some quality rush moves though. I esspecially like the bull rush he put on the dude from Clemson. Hopefully Rak will show him a thing or two and help him improve his rush moves / technique

He should average 7-9 Sacks per season and also improve our run defense.

Safe pick with almost no bust potential.

And the best thing about it is the majority of his plays are made from the LEFT side, coming right into the qb's face... which dovetails perfectly with Orakpo who typically rushes from the right side. Nothing but good can come of this.

All that's needed now is an athletic NT that can push the pocket and cause his own problems, hopefully taking up 2 blockers... which would most likely leave Rak and Kerrigan single covered on the outside.

Archived