Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: Here’s the latest Patriots-trading-up rumor (Skins Related)

authentic

click for the rest

Here’s the latest.

If North Carolina linebacker Robert Quinn is on the board when the Redskins are on the clock with the 10th overall pick, look for a possible trade with the Pats.

Moving from No. 10 to No. 17 would potentially allow the Redskins to still get a guy like quarterback Jake Locker. Assuming Locker is still on the board at No. 17, of course.

I can't imagine a smart organization like the pats moving up for a guy who has a brain tumor.

Dag, I see this draft has ppl on edge. lol...BTW, i think he's 100% cured from that.

---------- Post added April-28th-2011 at 06:20 PM ----------

Insiders already alluded to this.

Yeah, sounds kinda familiar. Can't remember who said it though ;)

I really hope that some of these trade down scenarios work out because the redskins are in DIRE need of draft picks. I have more confidence in this front office to locate talent as well so I'm hopeful they will make the correct choices and get some youth in here for years to come. Especially a franchise QB like,,, MALLET!! lol

I can't imagine a smart organization like the pats moving up for a guy who has a brain tumor.

I would agree.

I heard Mayock say on NFL network that some teams have took him off their board because doctors have indicated that the tumor COULD come back.

IF Locker's Coach Mike's guy, and I've personally had the feeling that he has been for two years now, the outstanding potential of Sam Bradford not withstanding; it would be a REAL risky move to trade down and leave the Huskie there for the likes of Minnesota or Jacksonville to snap up. REAL risky indeed.

If Locker's on the board @ 10, again, presuming he's Shanahan's guy, we'll take him there and then. No questions asked. The way it should be.

I'd love to trade down, garner more picks, and still get him. But I seriously doubt he'd still be around to do that.

The above is all dependent on Jake Locker being our number one target of course .....

Hail.

That chart means nothing, if it's Quinn that BB wants then he'll give up that to get him.

BB is too smart to vastly overpay.

He's going to keep 28 so that he can trade back from that slot and recoup some of the picks that he gave up to move up to 10.

Watch.

That chart means nothing, if it's Quinn that BB wants then he'll give up that to get him.

I agree totaly! Team will move up to get who they want and give what they need to so they can get their. That chart is just something else for people to talk about. It's the dumbest thing I have ever seen involving the draft.

Archived