Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

HuffPost: Sally Kern: Minorities Earn Less Because They Don't Work As Hard

Larry

uhm, actually, when you come out and state that black people are lazier than white people (as you did in your post) that does in fact make you a racist. that's like, literally the definition of it. but that's cool -- this is america. it's your constitutional right. don't sugar-coat your beliefs.

That does not make a person racist if they are based on his perception from media outlets and his surroundings/ interaction.

Not too long ago there was a perception among Europeans that a vacation in Florida meant they were very likely to be assaulted or killed by minorities there after a slew of carjackings during tourist season. Well they did alter car rental tags in Florida after that to reduce them being targeted.

Last weekend on local news at 5 pm you would see video clips of 19 minorities mostly black bum rushing an upscale store at a mall and stealing clothing, then you had the reairing of the baltimore teen girls beating up the Transexual in McDonalds, then ablack girl in burger king getting ignorant because her order took too long and started throwing items in the air which other idiots started doing.

A tourist to the area after viewing that would have to believe that most black youths are unruly, violent hoodrats.

I have asked in local churches months ago why do we still have a high percentage of minorities still dropping out and unwed teen moms with plenty of examples of failure to discourage them? And I'm sad to say that the blacks and Hispanic in the church have basically said laziness, sense of entitlement and the idea that having children means the government will provide a home (Section 8 housing around DC is as attractive as the new townhomes being sold in better neighborhoods), food and money for them which in some cases is encouraged by their own mothers.

---------- Post added April-30th-2011 at 05:46 AM ----------

Instead of being mad at her POV prove her wrong by not dropping out and not getting pregnant on purpose to use the welfare system and just better yourself by busting butt in school. Minorities who come from other nations bust their butt working two jobs if they have to as I've witnessed with those from Cameroon, Sierra Leone, or Mexico working security jobs, etc.

Setting time limits like 3 years max on the government rolls then you are off if you do not have a job when you are able bodied would be great for the nation for all races of people since it is fear that will help alter bad behavior.

Now please note that grades in school do not qualify or disqualify you for welfare. Someone should have told Sally this so she could have passed it on to her students.

Has anyone here heard of something called a "crazy check"? I don't know if its an urban legend or what but when I taught school I had several kids who tanked their grades and acted out in magnificently ridiculous ways (sort of like a Pentacostal Revival) in order to get a "crazy check." This, according to other students who helpfully explained why competent kids were suddenly going daft, was something their parents encouraged and counted on for their household income.

Now this was 15 years ago and it was in Mississippi so take that in to account but EVERY ONE of my "crazy check" kids were black. To this day, I have no idea what was going on there. I was pretty young and too embarrassed to ask much more about it.

Has anyone here heard of something called a "crazy check"? I don't know if its an urban legend or what but when I taught school, I had several kids who tanked their grades and acted out in magnificently ridiculous ways (sort of like a Pentacostal Revival) in order to get a "crazy check." This according to other students who helpfully explained to me why clearly competent kids were going daft.

Now this was 15 years ago and it was in Mississippi so take that in to account but EVERY ONE of my "crazy check" kids were black. To this day, I have no idea what was going on there.

Crazy check?

I've never heard of that.

Maybe it's a "Mississippi thing". :whoknows:

This is purely anecdotal, but my ex-wife is white. I'm white. And so are both of our kids.

Well, you're a racist.

I'm white, my wife is white...and one of my daughters is Asian. I'm totally hip.

---------- Post added April-30th-2011 at 09:51 AM ----------

Crazy check?

I've never heard of that.

Maybe it's a "Mississippi thing". :whoknows:

I googled it after I wrote that post and there's a lot on the web about it but the term is clearly slang/derogatory. I can dig the truth out of all the chatter.

---------- Post added April-30th-2011 at 10:01 AM ----------

Ok, this is a good summary of the "crazy check" the way it was explained to me. This website could be dead wrong but it explains what I was told.

A few years ago my sister alerted me to a scam that has been going on since Welfare Reform was enacted. Quite literally, the street jargon of this scam is called "Crazy Checks." After parents were given a certain period of time in which they had to go to work or lose their welfare checks, the Crazy Check scam was born. Parents teach their kids how to act crazy and get them on SSI...The only plus side to this is that if the kids don't attend school, NO check for momma. So it has brought attendance way up. There are so many kids on it that they employ two full-time social workers from the State Welfare Office who office at the school itself. My sister said that there are families with two and three kids getting a Crazy Check. The momma wouldn't even have to work with that kind of income (it's about $400 a month per child).

This might be a little off topic but I hadn't thought of the "crazy check" thing for years until I read Destino's post...and wondered if maybe kids DO get money for tanking their grades.

I have asked in local churches months ago why do we still have a high percentage of minorities still dropping out and unwed teen moms with plenty of examples of failure to discourage them? And I'm sad to say that the blacks and Hispanic in the church have basically said laziness, sense of entitlement and the idea that having children means the government will provide a home (Section 8 housing around DC is as attractive as the new townhomes being sold in better neighborhoods), food and money for them which in some cases is encouraged by their own mothers.

That's not just inner city blacks though. It's a huge problem for rural county whites, too. Born in the trailer park, live in the trailer park, have kids in the trailer park, die in the trailer park. They know how to work the system. Worst part is, not only are they not ashamed to do so, they're perfectly happy to do so.

Welfare in this country continues to need reform, no doubt. But entitlement isn't a racial thing.

What is so wrong about that? I happen to work with people of all races. And that's been "my" experience.

Sorry guys, but that doesn't make me a racist either.

And in my experience, American-born citizens are lazier and less well educated than immigrant citizens. It's about time we prohibited natural-born citizens from holding high office.

---------- Post added April-30th-2011 at 10:27 AM ----------

That's not just inner city blacks though. It's a huge problem for rural county whites, too. Born in the trailer park, live in the trailer park, have kids in the trailer park, die in the trailer park. They know how to work the system. Worst part is, not only are they not ashamed to do so, they're perfectly happy to do so.

Welfare in this country continues to need reform, no doubt. But entitlement isn't a racial thing.

Does anyone have data on what these long-term trailer park residents typically get in welfare payments? Not criminals who practice identity fraud and collect under multiple identities, but what payments would a family typically get under the law and for how long? A few hundred a month for a few years?

And in my experience, American-born citizens are lazier and less well educated than immigrant citizens.

This has been my experience as well. Immigrants (legal and illegal) work like their lives depended on it. Maybe their lives do depend on it.

Does anyone have data on what these long-term trailer park residents typically get in welfare payments? Not criminals who practice identity fraud and collect under multiple identities, but what payments would a family typically get under the law and for how long? A few hundred a month for a few years?

If my trailer park relatives are any gauge, they don't get much at all. But they are SO PROUD of the 2 pennies got for "free" through one government handout or another.

They'd be so much better off if their "pot of gold" would dry up and they put all their attention towards a job rather than a hand out.

Well, you're a racist.

I'm white, my wife is white...and one of my daughters is Asian. I'm totally hip.

---------- Post added April-30th-2011 at 09:51 AM ----------

I googled it after I wrote that post and there's a lot on the web about it but the term is clearly slang/derogatory. I can dig the truth out of all the chatter.

---------- Post added April-30th-2011 at 10:01 AM ----------

Ok, this is a good summary of the "crazy check" the way it was explained to me. This website could be dead wrong but it explains what I was told.

This might be a little off topic but I hadn't thought of the "crazy check" thing for years until I read Destino's post...and wondered if maybe kids DO get money for tanking their grades.

ughh...

The Democrats knew they were going to lose a lot of southern white voters after LBJ brought about civil rights laws, Republican tapped into that racial based anger and have never seemed to let go and at times they seem to be enflaming it.

What is so wrong about that? I happen to work with people of all races. And that's been "my" experience.

Sorry guys, but that doesn't make me a racist either.

Been "my" experience they aren't. Matter of fact,been my experience over the past several years the white folks are the ones that don't work as hard.

Minorities who come from other nations bust their butt working two jobs if they have to as I've witnessed with those from Cameroon, Sierra Leone, or Mexico working security jobs, etc.

Based on this, would it be safe to say that it's not a race thing, but a culture thing? Saying that black people are lazy because they are black is racist. Saying that the welfare system in the united states allows people to be lazy, and most of those people are black (whether that is true or not) is a different story. Saying that most americans who start out poor tend to believe it is easier to live off welfare than get a job, and most of those people are black, is a different story. But saying that anybody is better or worse at anything, or possess a good or bad trait soley because of their race is, by definition, racist.

Also, where did you see the thing about the 19 kids bum rushing a store? I saw about 50 kids run in and out of an H&M last week and I was wondering if it would make the news.

Immigrants from other countries don't really come from poverty, at least not most of them. Yes, they usually come from other countries that aren't as wealthy, but they weren't the poor or uneducated people of their respective countries. Poverty is a sort of thing that ruins people all by itself... but poverty is also partially a social construct, and not necessarily a cultural/ethnic one.

blacks and hispanics probably number less than whites and asians in college. so if you want to argue that they dont work as hard to get to college, perhaps its a good argument. but to argue that they dont "work as hard" while in college or otherwise is completely asinine. in my life, i have seen some stereotypes of race to be true. however all races seem to work hard in school, with whites probably being the least hard working and asians being the hardest working.

Archived