Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT Players show up to work out, Redskins turn them away (today 4-28)

SkinsCrushCowboys

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/04/28/players-show-up-to-work-out-redskins-turn-them-away/

Although I agree not letting Rabach in....

Despite Judge Susan Nelson’s order that the NFL should be conducting business as usual, teams are continuing to turn players away from their facilities today.Redskins linebacker URL="http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=3824"]Lorenzo Alexander[/url] and center Casey Rabach attempted to enter Redskins Park this morning but were turned away, and defensive end Vonnie Holliday, who was the team’s players’ representative, told the Washington Post that he was told Redskins Park is off limits.

“The doors are still closed and as I understand it, they will remain closed until the appeals process is completed,” Holliday said. “The courts made a ruling, and you would think that would carry more weight. Guys wanted to get back to work, resume getting physical therapy at the facility and train with our strength coaches, but the doors are still locked. It’s unfortunate that they’re choosing to handle it this way.”

The Redskins say they’re deferring to the NFL on how to handle players who show up to work. The league says it will tell teams how to proceed today.

I wish .. no I pray Judge Nelson finds the league in contempt of her ordwer.... I MEAN WHO THE HELL DOES THE NFL THINK THEY ARE?? THEY ARE NOT ABOVE THE LAW! HONESTLY FOOTBALL FANS ACROSS THE COUNRTY SHOULD SOMEHOW PROTEST THE OWNERS AND THAT CANDY ASS COMMISH . How I dont know but at least all NFL merch should not be bought is a start and .. damn it its frustrating.. theres really nothing that can be done against these a**holes!

I don't understand how the teams can get away with this. The Lockout has been LIFTED! Sure, not everything is settled, but with the courts ruling in the players favor why can't they lift weights and get therapy? The gavel has dropped Mr nfl owner.

If the 8th circuit court grand the league a stay, I will be pissed! What these teams are doing is ILLEGAL!

---------- Post added April-28th-2011 at 09:49 AM ----------

Although I agree not letting Rabach in....

I would have had Rabach arrested for trespassing as soon as he pulled up in the parking lot...:ols:

Something being illegal does not mean you don't do it. How many of you break the speed limit, even by one MPH, on your way to and from work? :D

The NFL has never expected to win in the Minneapolis trial court. They are pinning their hopes on the 8th Circuit Court of Appeal. Delaying compliance for a day or two only incurs the anger of the trial judge and eventually the NFL expects the Circuit Court to make the final call anyway.

It seems pretty stupid to ignore a court order. I suspect all it will take is for a player to lodge a complaint and Nelson will come down on the owners like a ton of bricks; even if they let players in tomorrow they could be fined for their actions today. It's hard to see how the owners benefit from this.

I wish .. no I pray Judge Nelson finds the league in contempt of her ordwer.... I MEAN WHO THE HELL DOES THE NFL THINK THEY ARE?? THEY ARE NOT ABOVE THE LAW! HONESTLY FOOTBALL FANS ACROSS THE COUNRTY SHOULD SOMEHOW PROTEST THE OWNERS AND THAT CANDY ASS COMMISH . How I dont know but at least all NFL merch should not be bought is a start and .. damn it its frustrating.. theres really nothing that can be done against these a**holes!

Its easy... dont spend ANY of your money on anything related to the NFL... Fatheadz, posters, jerseys, trading cards, Tickets, Sunday ticket, season tickets, etc... I know some will call this a huge sacrifice. Many are woried if they cancel their season tickets.... that they may never get them back again. I dont blame them... but to send the message, one must act, and not stnad by and see what happens.

Just hoping they keep the doors locked. I am honestly hoping the season is cancelled. I wouldn't say that if I was a Packers or Steelers fan of course, but as a Redskins fan, I want a year off-- totally serious about that.

I wonder how this will play out with the fans. To date, I think a majority of fans have sided with the NFL. I think these developments might shift fans from blaming the players, to blaming the owners.

I dont give a crap who's to blame... and most people I have spoke with regarding these issues feel the same. 300+ bucks for an Authentic? 500 per set for decent seats? Parking passes? 5 dollars for water? In reality, to have a family of four go to one game, bring a tailgate and grab a few memorbilia, can cost more than a weekend trip to Disneyland. The NFL (all parties involved) have been enjoying the benefits of charging outlandish prices (and getting away woith it) for everything related to the sport. Now they cant decide on a fair split of 9 billion? Screw them all. Let them all enjoy an even split of nothing. I have no issue dropping this sport like I dropped hockey and baseball for the same reasons. I'll just back into college ball.

Archived