Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DMN: Report: LSU's Patrick Peterson says Cowboys selecting him is 'dream scenario'

Robbieac

Ah ok.

I think the Skins have more holes personally, but I agree with your premise.

As long as we don't draft an LT, SS, FS, or TE I can't really complain.

there is absolutely no possible chance the Skins draft a LT or a TE in the first round.......if they do, then someone is purposly trying to "ruin" and/or sabotage that team.

God I hope the trade up scenario is true. I would love to see Jerrah go get more skill position players and have to give up additional picks to do it.

well I know what you are tryin to say and tryin to "get at"...and we all know the needs of the Dallas Cowboys, BUT if giving up a 3rd round pick to get a premier CORNER that is known as the best player in the draft and the best player at a position of NEED for the Cowboys.......then they WIN!!!! what could they possibly need more then a shut down corner....you have seen them in coverage right? as many holes as they have, corner is one that they could fill right away with Peterson...and in Rob Ryans Defense...they need a lock down Corner.......I am all for giving Jenkins another shot...and he is much better in man technique then he is playing in Zone coverage...but with him and Newman (getting older and more injured each day) they would be in great shape with Peterson. IN MY OPINION

---------- Post added April-28th-2011 at 12:49 PM ----------

Will take more than that to move up into the top 5

he is saying moving from 9-6 not into the top 5...and with having the 9th pick, its not that many spots...and its been pointed out, the guy that Cleveland "supposedly" wants they can have at #9 (Julio Jones)

well I know what you are tryin to say and tryin to "get at"...and we all know the needs of the Dallas Cowboys, BUT if giving up a 3rd round pick to get a premier CORNER that is known as the best player in the draft and the best player at a position of NEED for the Cowboys.......then they WIN!!!! what could they possibly need more then a shut down corner....you have seen them in coverage right? as many holes as they have, corner is one that they could fill right away with Peterson...and in Rob Ryans Defense...they need a lock down Corner.......I am all for giving Jenkins another shot...and he is much better in man technique then he is playing in Zone coverage...but with him and Newman (getting older and more injured each day) they would be in great shape with Peterson. IN MY OPINION

---------- Post added April-28th-2011 at 12:49 PM ----------

he is saying moving from 9-6 not into the top 5...and with having the 9th pick, its not that many spots...and its been pointed out, the guy that Cleveland "supposedly" wants they can have at #9 (Julio Jones)

The problem is that they aren't just a good CB away. They have to replace nearly the entire offensive line. They have no safeties worth a damn. They need a DE. If they stand pat the player they are going to get at #9 is going to be good, maybe even great. It's not like if the Cowboys don't make this trade they will be left out in the cold. I can tell you one thing, if the Skins do the same thing I will be pissed.

The problem is that they aren't just a good CB away. They have to replace nearly the entire offensive line. They have no safeties worth a damn. They need a DE. If they stand pat the player they are going to get at #9 is going to be good, maybe even great. It's not like if the Cowboys don't make this trade they will be left out in the cold. I can tell you one thing, if the Skins do the same thing I will be pissed.

The way I see us lining up next year ...

QB - Tony Romo sits to pee

HB - Felix Jones / Tashard Choice

WR - Dez, Miles

TE - Witten, Bennett

OL - LT-Free LG-Kosier (re-signed) C-Gurode RG-Davis RT-Rookie Pick

Run Stuff End - Igor

Nose - Ratliff / Brent

Pass Rush End - J.J. Watt

OLB - Ware, Spencer, Rookie

ILB - James, Lee, Brooking

CB - Jenkins, Rookie CB, Scandrick

FS - Michael Huff

SS - Sensabaugh (re-signed)

K - Buehler

P - McBriar

By releasing Barber, Newman and Roy we save HUGE cap space. If we can trade with New England and move down we pick up the #60 pick.

We could then possibly end by tomorrow night with a draft that looks like

1 (17) : J.J. Watt

2 (40) : Ras-I Dowling or Brandon Harris

2 (60): Justin Houston or Orlando Franklin

Well i agree with some of what you are saying but not all of it. They DO NOT need an entire OL...and they wont get an ENTIRE OL if they trade away 1 pick...a 3rd rounder.......they stand to get a decent player at that pick (a 3rd rounder) i get that, but is it a player worth enough to pass up a chance at solidifying one position on their defense.....its certainly worth it to explore........

and your right if they don't make the trade, they still have a great player sitting at #9.....and then okay they will still have that 3rd round pick......

But its hard to not want to have a guy like Peterson with a defense like Rob Ryan's........He is a Nnamdi Asomugha and Derell Revis "type" of player......and I did say "type" of player, because no one knows what he will really be like in 3-4 years, could indeed be a bust for all we know.

---------- Post added April-28th-2011 at 01:14 PM ----------

The way I see us lining up next year ...

QB - Tony Romo sits to pee

HB - Felix Jones / Tashard Choice

WR - Dez, Miles

TE - Witten, Bennett

OL - LT-Free LG-Kosier (re-signed) C-Gurode RG-Davis RT-Rookie Pick

Run Stuff End - Igor

Nose - Ratliff / Brent

Pass Rush End - J.J. Watt

OLB - Ware, Spencer, Rookie

ILB - James, Lee, Brooking

CB - Jenkins, Rookie CB, Scandrick

FS - Michael Huff

SS - Sensabaugh (re-signed)

K - Buehler

P - McBriar

By releasing Barber, Newman and Roy we save HUGE cap space. If we can trade with New England and move down we pick up the #60 pick.

We could then possibly end by tomorrow night with a draft that looks like

1 (17) : J.J. Watt

2 (40) : Ras-I Dowling or Brandon Harris

2 (60): Justin Houston or Orlando Franklin

i like JJ Watt.......I really like JJ Watt.

He could also be a Skin too....which worries me a bit. I hate to pass him up and then have their rivals pick em........

TNew....I like that, you make some good points in just this one post. I really dont want to get rid of MB3 though...i love the guy and no way they get rid of my favorite Cowboy RW11 ...especially now that so many little things have popped up with our boy Dez. I mean i know none of it is really a big deal, but they have to protect themselves and keep the depth at that position........and RW11 can play....he was having a nice start to the season before Romo sits to pee went down.

Newman isnt leaving either.......GD'it...they better start making plans for him as a FS. he hasn't learned the proper Techniques of the position yet, but i bet you right now he is 10000000 X's better then Alan Ball was.

Newman isnt leaving either.......GD'it...they better start making plans for him as a FS. he hasn't learned the proper Techniques of the position yet, but i bet you right now he is 10000000 X's better then Alan Ball was.

a rock would be 100000000 X's better than Alan Ball....Rob Ryan would be better off playing the position himself even with no lap band surgery (like ol boy rex)

Well i agree with some of what you are saying but not all of it. They DO NOT need an entire OL...and they wont get an ENTIRE OL if they trade away 1 pick...a 3rd rounder.......they stand to get a decent player at that pick (a 3rd rounder) i get that, but is it a player worth enough to pass up a chance at solidifying one position on their defense.....its certainly worth it to explore........

and your right if they don't make the trade, they still have a great player sitting at #9.....and then okay they will still have that 3rd round pick......

But its hard to not want to have a guy like Peterson with a defense like Rob Ryan's........He is a Nnamdi Asomugha and Derell Revis "type" of player......and I did say "type" of player, because no one knows what he will really be like in 3-4 years, could indeed be a bust for all we know.

I didn't say they have to replace the entire offensive line. I said nearly the entire offensive line. Colombo isn't the answer, Davis and Gurode are just about cooked and Kosier can't stay healthy and wasn't all that to begin with. Free is the only guy that you should feel good about. Did I mention the backups stink? And I'm not saying the Boys should pass on Peterson if he gets to them. I just think giving up a 3rd is too high of a price to move up for a team that has so many needs. The Boys for all their picks the last few years don't have that much good, young depth. The depth they do have is clustered in a couple of areas where they are already strong (i.e. WR). It's probably all moot anyway since I don't think he'll fall to 6.

I didn't say they have to replace the entire offensive line. I said nearly the entire offensive line. Colombo isn't the answer, Davis and Gurode are just about cooked and Kosier can't stay healthy and wasn't all that to begin with. Free is the only guy that you should feel good about. Did I mention the backups stink? And I'm not saying the Boys should pass on Peterson if he gets to them. I just think giving up a 3rd is too high of a price to move up for a team that has so many needs. The Boys for all their picks the last few years don't have that much good, young depth. The depth they do have is clustered in a couple of areas where they are already strong (i.e. WR). It's probably all moot anyway since I don't think he'll fall to 6.

indeed it is moot. I need to stop talking about it and getting all worked up over it, because it isnt going to happen.

But you said yourself...for all the picks Dallas had the past couple where is all the talent and depth?? Another reason for me to not care too much about a 3rd round pick,. The Cowboys aren't exactly the Patriots when it comes to making draft picks count. They have found some good players in the later rounds on occasion...but by far they are on the bottom of the teams when it comes to drafting talent. i think we both know first hand about bad drafts.

The OL could use depth, but for sure they are solid for "starters" right up the middle Gurode is GOOD...Kosier is their BEST OL when healthy (the key phrase. And Davis.....just depends on him. He is very up and down. Last year he was god aweful, the year before he was EXCELLENT.....I am very thrilled about Free.....He is indeed the only 'young" rock to the starting 5....as good as Kosier is, he cant be relied on for 16 games unfortunately....but man. I have taped every game and I grade him out myself...and he always grades out the best of the lineman...when he is healthy

Every year ... some big time player is linked to being dealt to Dallas.

A few years back it was Adrian Peterson.

Who doesn't want to play in Dallas? (Homer aside). Great stadium, owner who pays well and only ONE cold weather game all season which may not even be that cold? Sign me up.

A lot of them are also from Texas and probably grew up as Dallas fans.

Most likely scenario.

as good as Kosier is, he cant be relied on for 16 games unfortunately....but man. I have taped every game and I grade him out myself...and he always grades out the best of the lineman...when he is healthy

Well, then I'll concede this point. But isn't he a Free Agent? I wonder how much contact agents have had with clubs? So much is up in the air right now it's kind of hard to know exactly what teams are going to need.

Well, then I'll concede this point. But isn't he a Free Agent? I wonder how much contact agents have had with clubs? So much is up in the air right now it's kind of hard to know exactly what teams are going to need.

indeed. And i cant bust on the skins for Having Carlos and Moss and Rex as FA's that they might lose, but not consider this as well. there is no doubt in my mind that he has been contacted by other teams and that it is a realistic thought that he could be GONE. Dam if Free isnt a FA too ( I think??) someone that has the list of FA's please let me know if that is true...i do not have it in front of me and with this lock out i cant even remember???? My brain is fried right now.....LOL. and to boot the Cowboys right now have one of the highest (promised payroll) in the NFL...meaning their players salaries if they move ahead with no cuts or restructures are near the top of the cap limit. And cutting MB3 (i hope not) would not save them anything...and they will not Cut Roy Williams because his cap # when Cut is almost the same as his cap # if he is on the roster.....

then again I am not real sure on any of that....I like the X's and O' a lot meore then i like the $$$ part of the game. Thats why I coach HS Football its just so much fun. LMAO!

I landed on a varsity staff this year (sent you a PM) sand I will talk more about it later. I gotta get my butt out of here i am late to take my son to Golds Gym. LOL

I am Def Asst/LB Coach at South River High School (AA County)

go Hawks!

Archived