Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do you expect to be upset with the Redskins 2011 draft?

88Comrade2000

No. I always convince myself that our guys will work.

Rookies I agree

Free agents I seem to hate on certain ones at the signing I hated Deion, Fat Albert and a few others.

---------- Post added April-28th-2011 at 06:47 AM ----------

I hope im not upset but I think I will be. Shanny has done nothing to give me confidence in his decision making as the GM.

Bruce Allen is the GM and he is no figure head

---------- Post added April-28th-2011 at 06:47 AM ----------

I hope im not upset but I think I will be. Shanny has done nothing to give me confidence in his decision making as the GM.

Bruce Allen is the GM and he is no figure head

No, not really. I actually expect this draft to be a okay one for us. This could be due to the fact that I've just drank an entire bottle of champagne and think everything in this world is great right now. That's besides the point though!

I would re-tweet this if that were possible on ES. Amazing.

For the thread: Everyone's going to be pissed off about some part of it. I'm thinking that it's Gabbert right now, which is annoying if we trade up, but we could stay at 10 with Locker and I'd be okay, or trade back and do magical crap and get other players, and I'd be fine. I'm keeping in mind that other holes haven't been filled in yet as they normally would if we had free agency.

I'm giving Shanallen three drafts before I make my call.

Last year, I remember screaming when we kept picking someone else while Selvish Capers was still on the board. When we finally picked him, I nearly looked around the house for microphones. Then I got scared, thinking "Shanahan's listening to a 50 year old teacher in western Pennsylvania who screams at the tv...wow, we're in trouble now." So, if I'm upset, should I really care?

I think I will be able to manage with whatever Shanny's decision is. I might be alone in that though.

One of my favorite tweets from today...@LL56xtremeskins With the 10th pick in the nfl draft the skins select... Jesus and es meltdown insues wondering why we didn't pick god!

I'd rather have moses, but they are both good leaders.

Be upset at the draft? Nope, definately nope.

Except if we sell the barn to trade up. But I even have an exception to this. If we trade the entire 2012 draft and there's no 2012 draft, then Allen and shanahan will be geniuses.

I'd rather have moses, but they are both good leaders.

Nah, you don't need moses to separate the Cowboys, they do this all by themselves in a perfectly manner :)

I do not expect to be upset after the draft. I will be upset if a bulk of the players drafted do not make the roster like last year.

Dennis Morris was the only draftee not to make our team...we had three drafted 7th rounders on the PS. Nothing wrong with that.

I am 50-50.

I will be upset if we pick any QB other than Locker at 10 because he is a value at 10. Maybe Mallet, he's got a gun, but it's a little bit of a reach. If Shanny thinks he wants a QB this year, than so be it, BUT:

I think we should trade down, bulk up the lines and get a pass rusher this year. Stick with Mc5 or Grossman. Not exciting, 7-9 record would be a stretch...but then next year, get value of some kind for Rex/Mc5 and focus on a QB in the draft at all costs...

Last year's draft wasn't exciting but we got a stud at LT. We could really add depth if we trade down and go unsexy again. Solid, workhorse, as risk-free as possible picks.

I know QB is the most important spot, I just don't think we can afford to sell the farm for one this season with so many other needs.:cool:

Theres def. the opportunity for us to make the wrong decision with the #10 pick. I will be upset, if we take a QB with that pick unless we trade back a couple of spots. We have too many holes to fill and a QB in the first is waaaaay to risky. Then we will ask that QB to start right away etc... blah blah

Upset? No.

Disappointed, maybe.

To me, outside of Jake Locker, there isn't anyone that would possibly be available at 10 that I think the Skins have to take. Thus, they should try to trade...but they won't. History shows us they will make a big splash and reach, porbably for a "skills" position player.

I, personally, think Locker is Brett Favre II. Too bad he will likely be gone by pick 10.

I really don't. I couldn't always say this in the past, and maybe I am just giddy because we are just hours away, but I believe we have some good people at the helm and they can get us back to playing at an elite level. The tough part is that it may take some time, and I like most would love to win NOW, but in reality I will be ecstatic if in 3 years we are at least competitive every year and making respectable showings in the playoffs. I am soooooooooooooo tired of mediocrity! Check out the new signature... it is a badge of honor... wear it with pride! HTTR!!!

I am 50-50.

I will be upset if we pick any QB other than Locker at 10 because he is a value at 10. Maybe Mallet, he's got a gun, but it's a little bit of a reach. If Shanny thinks he wants a QB this year, than so be it, BUT:

I think we should trade down, bulk up the lines and get a pass rusher this year. Stick with Mc5 or Grossman. Not exciting, 7-9 record would be a stretch...but then next year, get value of some kind for Rex/Mc5 and focus on a QB in the draft at all costs...

Last year's draft wasn't exciting but we got a stud at LT. We could really add depth if we trade down and go unsexy again. Solid, workhorse, as risk-free as possible picks.

I know QB is the most important spot, I just don't think we can afford to sell the farm for one this season with so many other needs.:cool:

Yep. I fully realize QB is hella important, but this team has sooooooo many needs. It would be totally cool if they trade down, pick up an additional pick, and use all picks on DL/OL/LB. Build the trenches and maybe look into FA for the skill players.

Upset? No.

Disappointed, maybe.

To me, outside of Jake Locker, there isn't anyone that would possibly be available at 10 that I think the Skins have to take. Thus, they should try to trade...but they won't. History shows us they will make a big splash and reach, porbably for a "skills" position player.

I, personally, think Locker is Brett Favre II. Too bad he will likely be gone by pick 10.

If Julio Jones is there you HAVE to take him or else history will not be kind to you even more so then Locker. He is the 1 guy in the top 10 that has the best chance of making an impact immediately. He has anti-bust all over him.

Archived