Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do you expect to be upset with the Redskins 2011 draft?

Rdskns2000

Sure. A little. But I just love having new blood. I'll be happy with that.

It's almost impossible to not be. When you are watching, especially later in the draft, you'll see Mel's and Mike's best available players. And there will be some OGs and DTs that we could really use and they are the best players available... but we'll pass for something that is a perceived non-need.

The front office will surprise us and that leads to shock and then disappointment. I hope their evaluations are great and they listen to their board. Who cares about what I or other fans think... they have a chance to prove they were right in September (hopefully).

Probably.

I was upset with the Trent Williams pick, though I was obviously wrong.

I don't think, with the amount of picks that we have, that I can be pleased. I'll just be irritated with the fact that we traded so much for McNabb.

We have so many holes that unless we have a Brian Orakpo-esque situation where someone falls to us at #10 that I don't know what the solution is.

If we get Ryan Williams in the 2nd and/or grab Tyrod Taylor in a late pick I'll be ecstatic :)

I expect others to be upset with the Skins 2011 draft...

I expect to see more than a few melt down completely...

I expect to hear how Shanahan is an idiot...

I expect to hear that we didn't need to draft a (fill in the position)...

I expect to hear ES members criticize the Skins' FO for not drafting a player in the 5th round who will end up still being available in the 7th round...

I expect to hear ES members go ballistic when the Skins' FO still doesn't draft that player in the 7th round...

I expect to hear ES members recant their initial ranting about drafting player "x" after they see a few youtube highlight videos...

I expect some mancrushes to start immediately...

I think I will be able to manage with whatever Shanny's decision is. I might be alone in that though.

One of my favorite tweets from today...@LL56xtremeskins With the 10th pick in the nfl draft the skins select... Jesus and es meltdown insues wondering why we didn't pick god!

Im already mad cause we don't have all of our picks. I hear a couple of people say we could draft a offensive tackle with the 10 spot. Another move that would upset me considering we gave up a pick for jammal brown and now hes gone. Even with Vinny gone its already looking like we are a team that will continue to burn picks on one year players.

Of course!! Just like last year when Coach traded a pick away for McNap without consulting me first. If we spend the first pick on a QB, it had better be one that I approve of. Also it would be great if they could check with me first before making any pick trades as well. Lord knows Coach and Bruce want to keep me happy

I expect others to be upset with the Skins 2011 draft...

I expect to see more than a few melt down completely...

I expect to hear how Shanahan is an idiot...

I expect to hear that we didn't need to draft a (fill in the position)...

I expect to hear ES members criticize the Skins' FO for not drafting a player in the 5th round who will end up still being available in the 7th round...

I expect to hear ES members go ballistic when the Skins' FO still doesn't draft that player in the 7th round...

I expect to hear ES members recant their initial ranting about drafting player "x" after they see a few youtube highlight videos...

I expect some mancrushes to start immediately...

Ah, done this before, have you? :)

I expect to be one of the people with the mancrush. Last year it was some guy how had a really good looking highlight video on YouTube.

I expect to be disappointed with our draft, three years from now.

I won't be disappointed at all. I am really excited for the next 24 hours. It's going to be a lot of fun. I trust ShanAllen to make the best decisions they can for the Skins. I think we are going to get a good young player tomorrow night and I am happy with that thought.

What is going to be the most fun is tomorrow during the day. While I am at work, I will this board open most of the day and it will be a blast watching it totally explode. I just hope no one has a heart attack from one of the argue threads.

I expect to be completely disappointed with our draft, but that's only if some of the rumors I've read come true... and some probably will.

Trade up for Gabbert? No thanks.

or

Draft Jake Locker at any point? I'll pass.

etc, etc

I hope we trade down at least twice in the 1st. To me, best case would be to end the 2nd round with Ryan Williams (RB-Virginia Tech) and at least 4-5 extra picks (this draft or 2012). Greg McElroy (QB-Alabama) would make me happy somewhere along the way as well. But I'm also of the opinion that DM5 should be our QB next year, so take it for what it's worth.

Archived