Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Projected Redskins Big Board

TE#80

This is what I think the Redskins big board might look like. It accounts for order of importance based on positional needs for the REDSKINS! This year we pick 10th and 41st, so we should get at least two players from this list.

I agree Patrick Peterson may be a better player than Jake Locker, but in my opinion that is not the most important postion for the redskins. (***Notice*** This list does NOT ignore Best Player Available strategy, it adjusts for it)

If enough heat comes from the order of the list I will provide brief scouting reports for select players to justify my opinion of their draft priority for the Redskins.

*(Projected Posistion for Redskins)

Blaine Gabbert (QB)

Marcell Dareus (DE)

Von Miller (LB)

A.J. Green (WR)

Jake Locker (QB)

Patrick Peterson (CB)

Cameron Jordan (DE)

J.J. Watt (DE)

Julio Jones (WR)

Aldon Smith (*LB)

Nick Fairly (*DE)

Prince Amukamara (CB)

Robert Quinn (*OLB)

Da’Quan Bowers (DE)

Muhammed Wilkerson (*DE)

Stephan Paea (*DE)

Cameron Heyward (DE)

Anthony Costanzo (OT)

Cam Newton (QB)

Mike Pouncy (C/G)

Tyron Smith (OT)

Akeem Ayers (OLB)

Derrik Sherod (OT)

Ryan Kerrigan (*OLB)

Phil Taylor (*NT)

Leonard Hankerson (WR)

Ryan Mallet (QB)

Nate Solder (OT)

Adrian Clayborn (DE)

Stefen Wisniewski ©

Allen Bailey (DE)

Rodney Hudson (G)

Marvin Austin (*DE)

Kenerik Ellis (*NT)

Mark Ingram (RB)

Mason Foster (OLB)

Jimmy Smith (CB)

Andy Dalton (QB)

Christian Ponder (QB)

Martez Wilson (LB)

Bruce Carter (OLB)

Brooks Reed (*OLB)

Brandon Harris (CB)

Greg Jones (LB)

Greg Little (WR)

Jurrell Casey: 6' 0.5 "

300 lbs : Casey's size and quickness best suits him as a three technique for a 4-3 defense

http://cdsdraft.com/profile.php?id=5053

---------- Post added April-26th-2011 at 01:03 PM ----------

Touche' on Brooks Reed, Added.

6 ' 2.4 "

263 lbs

4.68 (Combine)

Strength: Good hand technique both as a pass rusher and in the run game. Multiple pass rush moves (rip, arm over, bull, spin) that are all effective. Play with a good motor. Plays with good gap discipline. Good closing burst to the ball carrier or QB.

Weakness: Has not shown whether he'll be able to drop into zone coverage and be able to transition to a linebacker at the next level.

Projection: As a 3-4 outside linebacker, he'll get the opportunity to compete for snaps right away.

http://cdsdraft.com/profile.php?id=5642

I think Patrick Peterson and Von Miller are the two can't miss guys in the draft. jmo no one really knows for sure. I'm just glad the wait is almost over(the draft)

I would agree on Peterson. However, IMO, Miller is FAR from a "can't miss" guy. He will really need to go to a team that uses him well and moves him around a lot in order to excel.

I have a really bad feeling about Mallet "the strong armed statue" behind our suspect o line. What contribution would Ponder make in the first eight games of the season? Probably none. At least Locker, Gabbert, and even Newton have a much higher ceiling than Ponder or Dalton, because of their prototypical arm strength, size, and athleticism. If your going to take a QB with question marks, mine as well take one that also has the highest potetential.

Newton may be too high because of his limitations reading coverages, but even so it's hard to rate to many guys ahead of him because of the great reward he may bring if everything comes together for him.

---------- Post added April-27th-2011 at 10:52 AM ----------

I would agree on Peterson. However, IMO, Miller is FAR from a "can't miss" guy. He will really need to go to a team that uses him well and moves him around a lot in order to excel.

He's about as can't miss as is gets for a 3-4 rush linebacker that can cover.

I have a really bad feeling about Mallet "the strong armed statue" behind our suspect o line. What contribution would Ponder make in the first eight games of the season? Probably none. At least Locker, Gabbert, and even Newton have a much higher ceiling than Ponder or Dalton, because of their prototypical arm strength, size, and athleticism. If your going to take a QB with question marks, mine as well take one that also has the highest potetential.

Newton may be too high because of his limitations reading coverages, but even so it's hard to rate to many guys ahead of him because of the great reward he may bring if everything comes together for him.

---------- Post added April-27th-2011 at 10:52 AM ----------

He's about as can't miss as is gets for a 3-4 rush linebacker that can cover.

Von like he said though needs to go to a team that will use him the right way. He needs to be used so he can use his speed and coverage to be great. A team like Buffalo or Arizona would be a good fit for him because he would be the weak side OLB

Von like he said though needs to go to a team that will use him the right way. He needs to be used so he can use his speed and coverage to be great. A team like Buffalo or Arizona would be a good fit for him because he would be the weak side OLB

At best he's an Orakpo that can cover. Isn't that exactly what our defense needs? The only two choices in the top of this draft are DE and OLB.

---------- Post added April-27th-2011 at 11:23 AM ----------

Well in that case Orakpo would be better suited for taking on tight ends with his strength. So move Orakpo to strongside.

Archived