Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What happened with Larry Weisman? (no longer employed by the team)

@SkinsGoldPants

All I know is that it wasn't his choice. He was told that his work was appreciated but they were going in a different direction.

I rarely watched Redskins Nation because of the other Larry. However, the segments with Weisman seemed to bring at least the faint scent of reality in an otherwise dreamworld of nonsense.

First you had Bram who provided the reality that Larry Michael is so detached from. He leaves for ESPN where I actually saw him hosting sportscenter this morning. Then you had Weisman who was more toned down and didn't outright debunk Larry Michael's comments (Jason Campbell > Peyton Manning, DC Sports Writers = Spies hired by the Cowboys, etc). Now he's gone too.

Any ideas what's next?

I love the Redskins, but sometimes I can barely stomach watching Redskins Nation. You kinda need that reality check to kind of balance out the blatant homerism (is that even a word?) that Larry Michael gives us every day. But it is called REDSKINS Nation, so what can you expect. I just say keep it real, don't try to sweetin' everything up all the time.

Matt Terl does appear on Redskins Nation quite a bit.

The Larry Weisman thing is curious. I saw his twitter yesterday but when I clicked on the twitter, the message on Twitter had been deleted. And I never found anything official that he was let go. Any confirmation that he is no longer working for the Skins?

And Redskins.com does have other writers that can write about the draft. Gary Fitzgerald generally does a very nice job. I'm sure Matt Terl would also be writing on the draft.

---------- Post added April-24th-2011 at 02:11 PM ----------

http://redskinshogheaven.com/2011-articles/april/larry-weisman-departs-redskinscom.html

Here is a little more info from Redskins Hog Heaven.

im surprised anyone here actually watches redskins nation. i would assume if youre posting on this board you know enough about the team to know how ridiculous that show is lol.

+1

That show is intolerable. It actually drains the Redskins part of my soul.

Maybe this a cost cutting measure by the FO? After this weekend, the amount of media coverage needed will be zero. Why pay a full time writer when you can get the same coverage from the blogger? There is a lockout that looks to go deep into summer afterall.

Atleast they aren't laying off coaches.

im surprised anyone here actually watches redskins nation. i would assume if youre posting on this board you know enough about the team to know how ridiculous that show is lol.

I watch it a couple times a week at least. There is a lot of stuff, particularly video, that you cannot get anywhere else; interviews with retired Redskins, interviews with current Redskins, interviews with Redskins coaches, video of the inside of Redskins Park, documentaries on the weight/training room, equipment and uniforms, field preparation, installation of the new HD video screens, etc. There is a lot of stuff that a die hard fan would enjoy seeing and learning about.

Sure the interviews are mostly softball questions and everything is clearly pro-Redskins. But if you are avoiding it, you are missing a lot of very interesting stuff. I'm not a big fan of Larry Michael; but he does not irritate me an much as he seems to irritate some of you.

I watch it a couple times a week at least. There is a lot of stuff, particularly video, that you cannot get anywhere else; interviews with retired Redskins, interviews with current Redskins, interviews with Redskins coaches, video of the inside of Redskins Park, documentaries on the weight/training room, equipment and uniforms, field preparation, installation of the new HD video screens, etc. There is a lot of stuff that a die hard fan would enjoy seeing and learning about.

Sure the interviews are mostly softball questions and everything is clearly pro-Redskins. But if you are avoiding it, you are missing a lot of very interesting stuff. I'm not a big fan of Larry Michael; but he does not irritate me an much as he seems to irritate some of you.

I only watch it training camp through last game. I cannot stand to listen to Larry Michael. After a while, the very sound of his voice grates my nerves.

i watch it more during training camp and when theres access to some cooler videos or interviews, but im definitely in the "larry michael makes me want to commit suicide" camp. his homer commentary makes the show intolerable 9 times out of 10 and makes me want to watch less. its a shame they cant find some guy whos pro redskins but at the same time not a complete cheerleader. you think it wouldnt be tough to find a guy who can speak well, wont slam the team, but isnt hellbent on turning every situation into some huge positive spin about the redskins. i like my football information with a heavy dose of reality, which larry michael is incapable of providing.

Archived