Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Redskins are on the clock

Max337

Who will you select?

Hello, my name is Max. I come from the MSB - a 25-45 member small tightly knit cranny community around since 2003 - and this year we decided to do a real full mock draft. So far we've been rather lackadaisical about it, and have hit a road bump at the 10th pick. We have no legitimate knowledge bases on our board (we did have a Redskins fan by the name of Zhukov1943 -- we miss him) on the Redskins. Getting informed team-specific sources to make our picks was a goal of mine this year (unlike last year) and so I came here and asked some of the "leaders" of the board who they would pick in the situation our board's fans yielded. I got my answer, but one hate-ing-esque member of our board, Hybrid, did not believe that the consensus was who it was. So, without further adieu and in the interest in making it evident and clear who you want:

This is who has been drafted already:

1. Carolina (2-14) Patrick Peterson (CB) [GM: GreatOne]

2. Denver (4-12) Marcell Dareus (DT) [Comm: GS, Straat, Hybrid]

3. Buffalo (4-12) Von Miller (OLB) [Comm: PP66, DingKing]

4. Cincinnati (4-12) AJ Green (WR)[GM: Jhud]

5. Arizona (5-11) Prince Amukamara (CB) [GM: McGee]

6. Cleveland (5-11) Julio Jones (WR) [GM: CPU]

7. San Francisco (6-10) Robert Quinn (OLB) [GM: Mr. Tweed, Comm: Dread, SF, Zero]

8. Tennessee (6-10) Nick Fairley (DT) [GM: Snow]

9. Dallas (6-10) Tyron Smith (OT) [Comm: Flare, TN, DW, Blyons]

and THE WASHINGTON REDSKINS ARE NOW ON THE CLOCK

10. WASHINGTON:

In this situation, who would you pick?

Blaine Gabbert QB Mizzou and be very happy about it!

Let me give some context.

Our needs are defensive front seven, QB, O'Line, WR, RB.

Reports are we are very high on Quinn and he would likely be the pick if he was there but a chance to get what is probably the best QB in the draft would be too good to miss and I'm pretty sure Gabbert would be the pick in the situation you present.

We take Gabbert over Newton as he has a higher floor and is a more consistent and accurate passer short and intermediate. Newton is too much a boom or bust pick.

There's no way a QB would not be taken by then. But I'd take Newton over Gabbert based on skill set and adjusting to NFL systems.

Well, we're all serious fans of our respective franchises watching almost all the games (I haven't missed a Ravens game since 02, then 01 before that and 98' before that!) and usually we're locals of the area our football team is playing out of getting a lot of local coverage. I don't believe in the rule that if you don't have a franchise signal caller then you must take him. I feel that's one of the least reasonable "heuristics" I've heard or ever read. I feel like the draft is an opportunity to add good football players to your football team - not the opportunity to patch up needs - so I think since I've been around since the beginning (2003) that my feelings have seeped into the minds of the same group. Most made the decisions to pick up the best football player, for instance the Carolina Panther's fans reasoning was:

I'll choose Patrick Peterson for the Panthers due to the fact that we play in a division with Brees, Freeman and Ryan and adding another weapon to the secondary is key

The draft is a crapshoot every year and one can never get enough information on a prospect, but all indications point that Peterson is the best player in this draft followed closely by Von Miller and Robert Quinn.

The Bills fan didn't give his reasoning for selecting Von Miller over the Quarterbacks, but getting Von Miller at #4 is incredible value and Ryan Fitzgerald is not that bad: still serviceable to take a team to the playoffs. I think the Bills see that their weakness is defense.

The Bengals fan is from Cincinnati and has been ranting and raving that Palmer won't leave despite the news articles and that if T.O. and Ochcocinco go, then he'll be fine and will stay. I disagree with him, but hey: he's the GM -- not I. Plus, it seems like team owner Mike Brown disagrees with me too, and feels that Palmer will be back. (I'd like to see Carson Palmer go to Washington, perhaps?) He ended up giving the reasoning:

Could go QB, but I don't trust Newton or Gabbert much and I don't particularly believe Palmer wil actually be gone. Prince Akamura's a possibility, but I think Hall and Joseph are still aroudn (Joesph's only restricted FA IIRC). Our D-Line is solid and I think OLB can definitely wait a year or two or go with a project.

I'm going to go with AJ Green, WR, Georgia.

Cleveland had their guy in McCoy and wanted to add Jones (who I LOVE as a prospect), Tennessee went BPA instead of needs getting great value in Fairley. Dallas didn't need a QB much like Denver, and the reasoning for Arizona to pick a cornerback was that Fitzgerald would sit out this year if he has a rookie QB to deal with all over again. So, I think Arizona is going to try to swindle McNabb from you fellas and that'll give you impetus to select:

Blaine Gabbert. It's what the other people said too, but that Hybrid fella (a real troll) just couldn't believe it so I had to create this topic as definitive proof.

There's no way a QB would not be taken by then. But I'd take Newton over Gabbert based on skill set and adjusting to NFL systems.

Yeah, not a bad mock. But I could see Arizona taking a QB there instead of CB.

If this mock scenario did go like that, however, I'd hope that we could trade back a few spots. Alot of the guys I'd want would have already been taken.

Still not conclusive.

So far I have tallied:

7 for Gabbert

2 for Aldon Smith

2 for Cam Jordan

1 for Cam Newton

1 for Ryan Williams >__>

And unless one of you want to create an account at our board and try to trade down for the purpose of the mock draft I don't think it will be easy to work out a trade back so - I hate to make this less realistic - I can't technically work out any trades. Just in case, who would you want to trade down with?

(see if their interested)

and what would you offer them? (you can't offer players on your roster because the CBA hasn't been worked out yet -- just like in real life - but once the CBA is worked out you can trade players too)

Still not conclusive.

So far I have tallied:

7 for Gabbert

2 for Aldon Smith

2 for Cam Jordan

1 for Cam Newton

1 for Ryan Williams >__>

And unless one of you want to create an account at our board and try to trade down for the purpose of the mock draft I don't think it will be easy to work out a trade back so - I hate to make this less realistic - I can't technically work out any trades. Just in case, who would you want to trade down with?

and what would you offer them? (you can't offer players on your roster because the CBA hasn't been worked out yet -- just like in real life - but once the CBA is worked out you can trade players too)

.I am still making daily sacrifices to the draft gods that Gabbert does fall to #10.

Hey, you never know. I had a prediction Orakpo would fall to us. Ok, so it was more of a guess/feeling. But a prediction is nothing more than a glorified guess! :silly:

Still not conclusive.

So far I have tallied:

7 for Gabbert

2 for Aldon Smith

2 for Cam Jordan

1 for Cam Newton

1 for Ryan Williams >__>

I am not a math whiz, but I am prety sure 7 is way bigger than 2. By the way put me down for Gabbert too.

Archived