Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A Closer Look at 2011 QB Prospect:Tyrod Taylor

darrelgreenie

Jeez. Ego maniac

Virginia Tech quarterback Tyrod Taylor wasn't happy about falling to the sixth round of the NFL draft. But after the Baltimore Ravens selected him with the 180th pick Saturday, he made it clear that he thinks he does not have sixth-round talent.

"I believe I can do it all," he said when asked what type of quarterback he is. "I have the ability to move the pocket and keep the play alive, and I also have the ability to stay in the pocket and make every throw that they ask for. I think I'm the most dynamic quarterback in this draft and my style is kind of a mixture of all.

http://www2.timesdispatch.com/sports/college-sports/2011/may/01/TDSPORT01-techs-taylor-tops-state-harvest-on-day-t-ar-1008411/

Richmond, your post is very weak and does not belong here. Your pathetic "Thank you Shanahan..." is a pretty pathetic way to try and get the actual topic to fit here. I vote mods delete the thread altogether. The article has nothing to do with the Redskins or Shanahan. Your opinion on Tyron is not thread worthy.

Richmond, your post is very weak and does not belong here. Your pathetic "Thank you Shanahan..." is a pretty pathetic way to try and get the actual topic to fit here. I vote mods delete the thread altogether. The article has nothing to do with the Redskins or Shanahan. Your opinion on Tyron is not thread worthy.

+1

This^.

Completely irrelevant.

I was one of the ones hoping we would draft yesterday late actually. I thought the self patting was unnecessary. We could jsut say,"I don't believe I should have been drafted so late and I'll prove why on the field?" Why does he need to tell why he believes he's the most dynamic QB in the draft?

He's basically a wildcat QB. I don't think he can read defenses well.

But, I don't think what he said was too egregious. He was trying to sound confident in his own abilities. Probably, most rookies are this way. He will get a taste of humility when the playbook arrives.

QB's are supposed to be alpha males that believe in themselves. If he said 'I'm just glad to be picked' then people would be all over him for not believing in himself. He's a really high character kid. I know him personally. Since you don't then you have no right to make assumptions about his character. At the very least he'll be deadly in a goal line or short yardage package. I'm glad he went to an organization that my Redskins are aspiring to imitate.

I was one of the ones hoping we would draft yesterday late actually. I thought the self patting was unnecessary. We could jsut say,"I don't believe I should have been drafted so late and I'll prove why on the field?" Why does he need to tell why he believes he's the most dynamic QB in the draft?

The fact that you care is pretty shallow, which goes along with your shallow argument. The bigger question is, why do you feel the need to thank Shanahan for not drafting him? Hey why don't we thank Shanahan for not drafting about a dozen other players too, and lets make a thread for each one to try and make it fit in The Stadium.

Outside of Vick, Tech hasn't produced any NFL QBs.
Druckenmiller.

But I believe that Vinny was in SF when they drafted him. :ols:

In his senior season at Virginia Tech, QB Don Strock led the nation in passing and total offense. He played for 16 years in the NFL, mostly with the Miami Dolphins and mostly as a backup for Bob Griese and Dan Marino.

He came off the bench in the famous 1982 AFC overtime playoff game against the San Diego Chargers to lead the Dolphins back from a 24-0 3rd quarter deficit, though the Dolphins eventually lost in OT. (That game is considered one of the greatest in NFL history and is remembered for an exhausted Kellen Winslow being carried off the field.) Strock threw for 400 yards in that game, one of only 15 400-yard postseason performances for a QB.

He had the best tan in the NFL for several years running. He is currently head football coach at Florida International University.

Archived