Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some Job Hunting & Interviewing Tips

zoony

Get gmail and dump your yahoo account.

that is always easy to say... but people have been mailing to tha account (in my case) for about 20 years. there is a cost to changing.

I know people that continue to pay $5/month or whatever to whatevercompany still owns the AOL remanants JUST to keep the Steven@aol.com address they have had since forever.

that is always easy to say... but people have been mailing to tha account (in my case) for about 20 years. there is a cost to changing.

I know people that continue to pay $5/month or whatever to whatevercompany still owns the AOL remanants JUST to keep the Steven@aol.com address they have had since forever.

Then keep your yahoo account and have it forwarded to gmail. Or just get a gmail account and keep both. It's good to keep personal and professional separate anyway.

Pardon my technology ignorance, but what is gmail? Is it online? Or is it a phone email? I don't have internet on my cell phone. Let me know Ren. Thanks.

gmail is google's email...go to google.com and gmail will be an option at the top of the page

• 1 month later...

I'd say a school email is okay, but a company email not so much. I was looking/interviewing and gave out my company's email address. I ended up getting "allowed to resign" (unauthorized use of email, the email administrator was constantly looking at email I later found out), but I already had an offer so all was good. It's one of the main reasons I was leaving that company, didn't like the management. So if you're not in school, get a free email account for this purpose.

I would say not too do that either. I try to correct myself, but whenever i see an .edu on a resume im reading the first thought in my head is "inexperienced".

Yeah but it's not like you're putting your email and only your email. Your job/education experience is a few lines below.

Did you get the job???

Post#91

Oh yeah, I got my job as well. Took about a month to hear back from them. I had all but given up. Now I work in an office for the first time in my life and it's actually busy about one day a week. I feel like I've started the slow march to death. But whatever. The paycheck is nice. I live for the weekend.

• 4 weeks later...
Thank you for this thread. I have to bump it because I have an interview Friday with the City of Charlotte as a Contracts Aministrator. I'm so excited about it. This will help me alot.

Just wanted a quick bump for this:

I GOT THE JOB!!! I start December 14th. I'm so excited. I'm getting back into what I used to do in contract management.

And I am going to make about $17K "more" a year.

Thanks to all of you for this thread. It showed up at the right time and I used alot of the advice in here since it's been 10 years since I interviewed.

Thanks ES!! You guys/gals rock.

I GOT THE JOB!!! I start December 14th. I'm so excited. I'm getting back into what I used to do in contract management.

Thanks to all of you for this thread. It showed up at the right time and I used alot of the advice in here since it's been 10 years since I interviewed.

Super congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

This thread was helpful to me as well in my last 2 job searches and I've finally found a job that I really like and can see myself staying with for a while. It's a great feeling.

congrats buddy!
Super congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

This thread was helpful to me as well in my last 2 job searches and I've finally found a job that I really like and can see myself staying with for a while. It's a great feeling.

Thanks. I'm floating on air right now. I can't wait to leave this place. Only 7 more working days left.

Congrats! It must be because of that gmail I helped you with. You're welcome ;)

Archived