Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We lost a True American Hero saturday morning

WVSkinsfan

187550_1785649376_6507003_n.jpg

Guys we lost a True American Hero Saturday morning.My cousin Charles(Chucky)Adkins was fighting for our freadom risking his very own life to save all of ours.He was tragically killed in Afghanistan saturday morning by a suicide bomber posing to be in the Afghan army..please keep his wife and 5 kids in your prayers and thoughts.Also keep his Dad and his Mom in your thoughts and prayers. RIP Chucky,you are a true hero for risking your own life to save all of ours. I'll miss you and I love you brother!!

Thanks guys I got to be honest with you..The year 2011 has been my worst ever. I lost my mom on feb the 2nd and now I lose a very close cousin.Dad and I will make it thow b/c we joined church friday night and gave our lifes to the lord. RIP MOM AND CHUCKY!!

Much respect to Charles "Chucky" Adkins. Anyone who dies for this country deserves recognition every day as far as I'm concerned.

Rest In Peace

I difientely agree abdcskins!! He told his Dad right before he flew back over there he looked at his dad and said Dad I have a bad feeling about this time and I should'nt be going.When I heard that that broke my heart!!

I pray that those mourning the loss of this fallen hero feel the presence of God close to them during this time of tremendous hardship and sadness. I pray that Chucky Adkins has found the peace in God's kingdom that we can not know in this world.

I am sorry for your loss, please remember to keep an eye out for family members that may need a little extra help even if they won't admit it.

Sorry to hear about your loss.

I know this isn't exactly on topic, but you mentioned Saturday morning and it made me think. On Saturday in the pouring rain I was participating in the face of america bike ride to benefit the wounded warrior project. This year we raised 400,000 dollars to donate to the foundation. There were over 400 riders, around 80 of which are wounded/disabled veterans, mainly of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

A lot of the riders had pictures or memorabilia of a fallen soldier they were riding in honor of. The majority of the riders are current or former military. Many of them are amputees and either tough it out on a hand pedaled bike, or are lucky enough to have kept the knee joint on their leg and pedal the 100+ miles from D.C. to Gettysburg with 1 good leg and 1 prosthetic leg.

It really reminds me every year of the sacrifice some Americans make. This decade of war is one which a lot of Americans aren't reminded about on a daily basis. There is no draft, there are no wartime restrictions, we are not fighting a conventional enemy or conventional battles and we are not fighting anywhere near our soil or even the soil of close allies in the case of Afghanistan. Sorry again for your loss, it really is a sad and extremely unfortunate thing that our species hasn't progressed past the point where we must send promising young men with families and their whole lives ahead of them to make such a sacrifice.

RIP

Sorry to hear about your loss.

I know this isn't exactly on topic, but you mentioned Saturday morning and it made me think. On Saturday in the pouring rain I was participating in the face of america bike ride to benefit the wounded warrior project. This year we raised 400,000 dollars to donate to the foundation. There were over 400 riders, around 80 of which are wounded/disabled veterans, mainly of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

A lot of the riders had pictures or memorabilia of a fallen soldier they were riding in honor of. The majority of the riders are current or former military. Many of them are amputees and either tough it out on a hand pedaled bike, or are lucky enough to have kept the knee joint on their leg and pedal the 100+ miles from D.C. to Gettysburg with 1 good leg and 1 prosthetic leg.

It really reminds me every year of the sacrifice some Americans make. This decade of war is one which a lot of Americans aren't reminded about on a daily basis. There is no draft, there are no wartime restrictions, we are not fighting a conventional enemy or conventional battles and we are not fighting anywhere near our soil or even the soil of close allies in the case of Afghanistan. Sorry again for your loss, it really is a sad and extremely unfortunate thing that our species hasn't progressed past the point where we must send promising young men with families and their whole lives ahead of them to make such a sacrifice.

RIP

Great post man I really appreciate it!! That goes for everybody on here it really does mean alot. Dad and I found out that same day that he got babtized a year ago so that does ease my pain.

[/color]Ya'll will be in my thoughts and prayers,he will never be forgotten.

Thanks the-Rock and all those that go the extra mile

one of my son's buddies was hit by a IED and asking after and encouraging my son and the rest of the platoon from his bed awaiting more surgery...better men than I.

Dad and I will make it through b/c we joined church friday night and gave our lives to the lord. RIP MOM AND CHUCKY!!

Although it didn't work for me, in a horrible way, think of this as Satan testing your true faith... You and your family will be in my thoughts...

Archived