Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

It's complicated

spjunkies

Hey guys,

I know that you guys are used to me whining about finding females, but this situation is a little different. About a month ago I started responding to girls on craigslist and I hit it off with this lady who is 34 and had some things going for herself. We have been out a few times and I've made her dinner.

This past weekend she stayed at my apartment and she asked if we should take things to the next level and be in a relationship, unfortunately I agreed to it in the heat of the moment. The thing is there are a lot of things about her that I simply don't like and I'd rather just cut things off instead of leading her on. She is supposed to come over and make me dinner tomorrow night and I feel horrible because I think that she's much more into me than I am her... I guess my question is what is the proper way to handle a situation like this?

I'm lost :(

Why in the heck did you complicate matters further and have her stay at your apartment if you'd rather "just cut her off and not lead her on?" Kinda' sending out a mixed message to the broad there man.

You need to sit her down and tell her you just don't feel the same way before this rolls and gets ugly.

Hail.

You agreed to it in the "heat of the moment?" What was she doing to you when she asked :ols:

In all seriousness, don't lead her on, it will make things worse, though I admit I'm confused. As many issues as you've posted on here about having difficulty with women, I'm shocked you're dumping one so quickly. Makes me curious as to what her horrible flaws are. Note, don't post them, it's rhetorical.

You strike me as the type who really cares about not hurting someone's feelings rather than some jerks who don't care and want to just cut if off. The best way is to ease into it. The whole "its me not you deal" is too used so avoid that. Just tell her its been great getting to know her and its been great but your just not ready. If you happen to mention you just don't want lead on she might take it better because you are showing her you respect her enough to cut it off. I'm not sure you want to wait until dinner though. Nothing is harder than a women making you dinner and getting dumped for it. Besides I know if I was in that situation I'd want to avoid potentially getting hit in the face by the leftovers for dumping her right after dinner.

don't bathe between now and then. chew with your mouth open and talk with your mouth full. then lean over an rip one during dinner. that should save you the trouble of an awkward convo.

Hmmm...great idea actually.

Why don't you spend the next couple weeks doing all the things you'd want to do in a relationship while not having to deal with consequences. That way, you can keep having "companionship" until she gets so disgusted that she leaves you.

Just be upfront, tell her that you have thought about things and you do not think you are ready for that kind of comittment and that you do not want to lead her on. She be no fuss, unless of course you told her yes I want to be together and then she gave you some beause of it, then you could be in for some drama

My main issue is that she has told me some REALLY strange things about herself. I was just going to go with it because after all of this time it was nice to have someone, but I'm also not attracted to her (I know it's shallow).

She does have good qualities but there is just too much on the negative side of the fence.

I have no idea why Facebook was on my mind I actually met her on craigslist. Let me change that on the OP.

If you met her on Craigslist, you probably dated her because she is into letting men poo on her. She really has no right to be all high and mighty at that point.

In all seriousness, do you know the best way to get yourself out of weird relationship ****? Be honest.

Here is the speech. Say it during dinner.

"I like you, and last weekend was great. So great in fact, that I got a little ahead of myself. I don't think I'm ready to take things "to the next level." I still like this level - the getting to know you level. I hope you can forgive me for agreeing to something that I'm just not mentally ready for. Anyway...these mushrooms are really good."

Archived