Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DCDribble: Lorenzo Alexander claims over 30 skins at Player-Run Minicamp today!

mjpanzer

Love seeing the young offensive guys there...disappointed Kelly wasn't there, its about this time of year that he should be tearing up our defense and getting praise, before not living up to it :silly:

Well you know what happened to him last time he was on the field before camp. Cant say I blame him.

Chris Cooley

Anthony Armstrong

Keiland Williams

Rex Grossman

John Beck

Terrance Austin

Darrel Young

Mike Sellers

Roydell Williams

Logan Paulsen

Fred Davis

Brandon Banks

Andre Brown

That's a solid turnout for the offense.

They could have a productive session just running plays and working on timing with or without the defense.

I'm glad to see Keiland Williams there and surprised not to see James Davis.

I was very surprised to see Rocky out there though.

Here are some names that need to be there that I didn't see:

Perry Riley, Robert Henson, Chris Wilson, Blades, Byron Westbrook, Macho Harris, Buchanon, DeAngelo, Kareem Moore, Chris Horton

I think the torch will be passed on to Orakpo just because he has been a highly-respected dude from the second he joined our team. He seems like a team-first guy who demands respect based on his appearance/booming voice alone. As he becomes more successful as a football player, this team will slowly become his in my opinion... One of the few young players on our team that I could see retiring a Redskin. Love me some Rak.

I think Orakpo is the natural fit - you're right, he's a guy that came in and worked like a season vet from day 1 and never looked back. That being said, I just don't seem him as that guy with the fiery attitude that London seems to possess. He seems like more of a lead by example type of guy that doesn't like to talk to much. I feel like London is kind of a combination of two players like Orakpo and Landry.

---------- Post added April-19th-2011 at 10:24 PM ----------

I think the torch will be passed on to Orakpo just because he has been a highly-respected dude from the second he joined our team. He seems like a team-first guy who demands respect based on his appearance/booming voice alone. As he becomes more successful as a football player, this team will slowly become his in my opinion... One of the few young players on our team that I could see retiring a Redskin. Love me some Rak.

I think Orakpo is the natural fit - you're right, he's a guy that came in and worked like a season vet from day 1 and never looked back. That being said, I just don't seem him as that guy with the fiery attitude that London seems to possess. He seems like more of a lead by example type of guy that doesn't like to talk to much. I feel like London is kind of a combination of two players like Orakpo and Landry.

DeAngelo

He was there.

You also missed some of the OL that showed up:

Casey Rabach

Selvish Capers

Will Montgomerey

PS: Mods, I don't know what's up with the site, but it keeps making double posts for me. I don't think it's my PC, it doesn't happen on any other site just here.

PS: Mods, I don't know what's up with the site, but it keeps making double posts for me. I don't think it's my PC, it doesn't happen on any other site just here.

The board changed servers and there are numerous glitches. Ignore any messages that tell you to wait 20 seconds and repost, your post will already be in the thread if you navigate back to it.

Wait, so Mcnabb can organize his own BS workouts in Arizona, but he won't attend a players-only workout with his current team, for which he is STILL under contract?

Grossman hasn't even been signed yet, and he is attending...

I do not want Mcnabb on this team next year. Even if he does well, he is 34 and we need someone else. Grossman outplayed Mcnabb last year as well, and he is a few years younger.

Love seeing the young offensive guys there...disappointed Kelly wasn't there, its about this time of year that he should be tearing up his knees and/or hamstring and getting benched, before the actual season starts and still getting paid :silly:

fixed it for you ;)

They are back at it again today......

kjohnsoncsn Kelli Johnson

Enough secondary guys showed up today includ Dhall, Barnes and Macho Harris... So Skins able to work some off... http://plixi.com/p/94205993

Once again Rex Grossman and John Beck are the quarterbacks at Skins players only camp http://plixi.com/p/94200651

DeAngelo Hall, Brian Orakpo and London Fletcher some of the leaders on defense running things http://plixi.com/p/94201133

Rich_Campbell Rich Campbell

#Redskins players graciously have welcomed media to today's informal minicamp. (Shoutout to @onemangang97). http://twitpic.com/4n7mtr

john_keim John Keim

There are 30 players attending today's #redskins workout.

I'm surprised that Cooley was there based on how he always say how he hates practice, mini-camp, OTAs, etc. Ha. But glad he was one of them. Love me some 47.

I think it was held in Leesburg which is near his house

---------- Post added April-20th-2011 at 11:44 AM ----------

I like what Im hearing about Beck

Rich_Campbell Beck held court for 15 minutes. He was very insightful. Dude sounds extremely determined & confident. He badly wants the starting job

Rich_Campbell John Beck says he's been training with Drew Brees and Aaron Rodgers in San Diego this offseason.

Wait, so Mcnabb can organize his own BS workouts in Arizona, but he won't attend a players-only workout with his current team, for which he is STILL under contract?

Grossman hasn't even been signed yet, and he is attending...

I do not want Mcnabb on this team next year. Even if he does well, he is 34 and we need someone else. Grossman outplayed Mcnabb last year as well, and he is a few years younger.

Or maybe you can take this as a sign that McNabb knows he won't be on the team?

I understand most of the reactions, but why wouldn't Grossman show up? To me, him not having a contract means he has more to prove. This was his opportunity to look good in front of the team, the coaches, and the league. He's not a returning starter; he's trying to prove he can still be a starter and lead a team. It would have been really dumb for him to sit these workouts out. I'm sure his agent told him that.

---------- Post added April-20th-2011 at 12:49 PM ----------

Where is my OL? Trent Williams? We need you guys!

I understand most of the reactions, but why wouldn't Grossman show up? To me, him not having a contract means he has more to prove. This was his opportunity to look good in front of the team, the coaches, and the league. He's not a returning starter; he's trying to prove he can still be a starter and lead a team. It would have been really dumb for him to sit these workouts out. I'm sure his agent told him that.

That all sounds good, but its just reality that you RARELY hear about players risking their health when they aren't on a contract. These workouts may be laid back, but there's no guarantee Grossman would ever get a contract again if he happened to tear his ACL or something happened to his arm.

That's why its commendable.

Archived