Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Power Rankings: Top 10 NFL cornerbacks (D. Hall #9)

JPCreativelab

Dude's a play maker. Plain and simple.THAT'S why he get's the big bucks and 'Los could well be hawking himself on the open market when the CBA finally gets agreed. DeAngelo wins games. (FAR more than he loses on a blown coverage before someone jumps in.).

Even with his flaws, we're lucky to have him. One of the VERY few things Vinny did get right here.

Hail.

I'm not. Who would you put ahead of him?

J. Joseph, Cromartie (this past year), and Flowers, from that list. Although Finnegan shouldn't even be on there, he had a great year when AH was still on the team and has stunk it up since, while being an insufferable punk.

He was second in yards given up through the air last year behind only mike Jenkins. I guess it's a bad time for CB's because there's no way someone with that honor should be considered a top 10 cb in my opinion.

---------- Post added April-19th-2011 at 02:11 PM ----------

I'd put grimes and flowers in front of him for sure. If you take out two games (Chicago, Probowl) I doubt he's even on this list.

I also wouldn't put too much emphasis on this list. Besides the top 4 cbs, the point separation between Hall (10 pts. ranked 9th) and Tillman (3 pts. Ranked 19th) is minsicule considering Revis and Asomugha have 70 points.

It's been said multiple times and people still have ignored it, D.Hall is not a cover corner. He will give up the yards. But do not test him too much because he will make you pay eventually. And that is why he is on that list. That and his tackling his improved tenfold in my opinion.

Can't wait until the season starts. Hall, Oj, Landry, and maybe Los. :yes:

It's been said multiple times and people still have ignored it, D.Hall is not a cover corner. He will give up the yards. But do not test him too much because he will make you pay eventually. And that is why he is on that list. That and his tackling his improved tenfold in my opinion.

Can't wait until the season starts. Hall, Oj, Landry, and maybe Los. :yes:

There's a difference between being not a cover CB and being a liability. When you give up the second most yards in the league, you are the latter, unless you have double digit picks.

Besides the cutler game and the dallas game, when did he make a team 'pay' last year?....

He was second in yards given up through the air last year behind only mike Jenkins. I guess it's a bad time for CB's because there's no way someone with that honor should be considered a top 10 cb in my opinion.

+1. Dead on. Turnovers are great, but much less reproducible from year to year than preventative coverage skills. I sure hope he continues to make game-changing plays, but he could easily fall to mediocre or worse this year.

IWho would you put ahead of him?

Joseph, Cromartie, Flowers, DRC, Robinson, Jammer... I'd trade him for any of these guys at the same contract, right now.

Hall is a legit corner and deserves to be on this list. Still had a decent year despite one of the worst front sevens in football.

Skins bolster the pass rush and shore up the Dline a little bit and Halls numbers go up.

He was already a pro bowler LOL. With a legit pass rush he will be an ALL PRO.

Finnegan?!? He's only in the spotlight b/c of the Andre fight. He had one good year when AH92 was completely unblockable on their line. Go figure. I also think Winfield is way past his prime also, and I don't think teams are scared of throwing against him at all now.

Cromartie, Johnathan Joseph, and Brandon Flowers all deserve consideration on this list also.

There's a difference between being not a cover CB and being a liability. When you give up the second most yards in the league, you are the latter, unless you have double digit picks.

Besides the cutler game and the dallas game, when did he make a team 'pay' last year?....

And those two games we WON RIGHT?? and we can say D.hall was the most important factor for those two games, 2 out of our 6 isn't bad. . Hes not a cover corner, a playmaking corner, whos improved his tackling...all dbs from 5 and beyond are relatively on the same level, but D.hall is mentioned because of his playmaking abilities. .

And those two games we WON RIGHT?? and we can say D.hall was the most important factor for those two games, 2 out of our 6 isn't bad. . Hes not a cover corner, a playmaking corner, whos improved his tackling...all dbs from 5 and beyond are relatively on the same level, but D.hall is mentioned because of his playmaking abilities. .
He also gave up the game-winning TD against the Giants in week 17. I think it might have been the longest passing play in the NFL last year.

Think about it real quick: Do we beat -

1.Dallas in week 1

2. Chicago

3. Greenbay

without Landry and Hall. The answer is no. Those were half of our wins. D.Hall turned the entire game around with his own strip and TD against Dallas. He completely owned Cutler. If you look at it from a momentum standpoint he wins, but he also won on the scoreboard scoring in both. We don't win those games without him. Landry completely dominated Greenbay by taking out Finely, forcing a fumble, and intercepting Rodgers in OT. Those were half of our wins right there. If we had a play making offense to combine with opportunities such as those, you look forward to more competitive games later in the year.

It's sort of worth mentioning Orakpo in the Dallas game securing us the win on the final play, and also getting his most clutch player ever against Greenbay which I believe was a 4th quarter sack around midfield.

He was second in yards given up through the air last year behind only mike Jenkins. I guess it's a bad time for CB's because there's no way someone with that honor should be considered a top 10 cb in my opinion..
Any idea on where Carlos falls on that list?

Archived