Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Politico: Ex-aide's book paints harsh portrait of Sarah Palin

Boss_Hogg

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0211/49938.html

A new memoir from an embittered former aide to Sarah Palin includes a trove of e-mails that vividly illustrate her intense focus on image and depiction in the media.

The e-mails, apparently from the former Alaska governor, portray Palin as nearly obsessed with her political adversaries and consumed with every slight, real or perceived.

The unpublished manuscript, obtained by POLITICO, reveals Palin, as a candidate for governor, penning letters-to-the-editor in praise of herself, to be sent under other names. It blames the candidate for inflaming, rather than ignoring, scurrilous rumors. And it quotes her pledging to avoid appearing on any network other than Fox News, referring to the rest as “the bad guys.”

A Palin ally, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, confirmed that Bailey and Palin corresponded and that the former aide had access to Palin’s passwords and her e-mail account. But the Palin ally said that the content should be viewed through the lens of Bailey being “the quintessential disgruntled employee,” who had been denied senior jobs he sought, cut out of Palin's VP campaign and been caught up in the “troopergate” scandal.

Read More

:stir:

Palin proved she is clever. She is not that intelligent and from what I've seen she has no intellectual curiosity. I didn't think GWBush was that intelligent either. I think McCain made a major mistake by thinking that all the women who supported Hillary Clinton would jump on the Sarah train. The 2 women are as different as night and day.

I have no problem with Palin trying to make as much money off of her opportunity. After all, isn't that the American Way? I just don't want to see her in elective office. She's already proved she's a quitter, for whatever reason she quit the governor's office.

I won't be reading this book, just like I'll not read any of Palin's books. She's just not that interesting to me. I also haven't read Clinton's book.

Palin proved she is clever. She is not that intelligent and from what I've seen she has no intellectual curiosity. I didn't think GWBush was that intelligent either. I think McCain made a major mistake by thinking that all the women who supported Hillary Clinton would jump on the Sarah train. The 2 women are as different as night and day.

This assumes that McCain actually had a say in it (who his running partner was).

Ha! I read plenty of books by and about women. I read a good one about women scientists a couple of months ago. The Madame Curie Complex: The Hidden History of Women in Science by Julie Des Jardins. I support women writers and I like to read about women of accomplishment. But books written to kick off political campaigns don't fall into my reading pile. I'm also currently reading a book about Jim Garrison, the DA in New Orleans who prosecuted the only trial connected with the Kennedy assassination. It's taking a long time to read, as it's very detailed.

---------- Post added April-18th-2011 at 04:24 PM ----------

This assumes that McCain actually had a say in it (who his running partner was).

True that!

Archived