Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: Per ESPN2, NFL Schedule will be released this Tuesday (4/19/2011)

Oldskool

It always seems like the New York teams get good leaks about the NFL schedule before it’s released. And here is one such leak involving the Redskins from Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) of the Newark Star-Ledger

Oh and btw Giants-Redskins to open the season in Landover. Fitting because it commemorates both NY and DC on 9/11. Nice job by NFL.

It always seems like the New York teams get good leaks about the NFL schedule before it’s released. And here is one such leak involving the Redskins from Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) of the Newark Star-Ledger

Oh and btw Giants-Redskins to open the season in Landover. Fitting because it commemorates both NY and DC on 9/11. Nice job by NFL.

The New York Daily News is reporting the same thing. Gnats are coming to Landover on 9/11. Sunday night game is Jets/Pokes (Ryan vs. Ryan)

Should be a special game. Hope there is a game.

The New York Daily News is reporting the same thing. Gnats are coming to Fedex on 9/11. Sunday night game is Jets/Pokes (Ryan vs. Ryan)

Giants will open in Washington on 9-11

BY Ralph Vacchiano

The 10th anniversary of the Sept. 11 attacks on the World Trade Center will not feature a game between the Giants and the Jets played just a few miles away.

Despite all the speculation that the NFL would open the 2011 season with Giants vs. Jets, the league instead decided to push that matchup until later in the season. As first reported earlier by Daily News Jets writer Manish Mehta, the Jets will open at home on Sunday night, Sept. 11, against the Dallas Cowboys. The Giants, according to a source, will open in Landover, Md. against the Washington Redskins on Sept. 11 during the afternoon.

That way, the source said, the NFL can honor the victims of the 9-11 attacks in both New York and D.C.

Should be a special game. Hope there is a game.

At best- this team finishes 8-8 and that's assuming we resign Jekyll and Hyde QB: Grossman to play this season while some rookie QB learns the ropes. If let a rookie QB play all season, then it's 6-10 again.

---------- Post added April-19th-2011 at 04:49 PM ----------

So, this will be the 3rd year out of 4 that we've opened against the Giants? Man, gotta make a statement early.

You aren't seriously expecting playoffs this year?

I took making a statement to mean, watch out league- the Skins will be a force in 2011 by stomping the Giants on opening day.

I think the opposite will occur, despite it being a home game.

Oh, no.

I meant that we need to just make a statement. Any statement, about the toughness of our team. Preferably one that says "even if we lose the majority of our games, we go down fighting". I'd like to be known as one of those (probably bad) teams that people say will be good in the near future, and you have to look out for...but we need more young, explosive talent on our team for that to happen.

Not that I wouldn't love to win...I mean, we did beat the Cowgirls opening day last year. But we haven't matched up well with the Giants for years.

Archived