Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: Per ESPN2, NFL Schedule will be released this Tuesday (4/19/2011)

Oldskool

We explained last night that the new NFL schedule will be released at some still-unknown point between now and the draft, and that no one seems to care.

Some of you have agreed with that take, others have disagrees, and a few others have pointed out that ESPN2 has reserved a block of time on Tuesday, April 19, for pulling the sheet off the schedule.

TVGuide.com indicates that the SportsCenter Schedule Release Special will be broadcast on ESPN2 at 7:00 p.m. ET on the 19th, with two hours set aside for the show.

We’ve seen similar listings in past years, but the NFL ultimately released the schedule on different days. In this case, however, it’s roughly 48 hours until showtime — and the listing is still there.

NFL Network has offered no similar clues, with a generic one-hour edition of Total Access set for 7:00 p.m. ET on Tuesday, April 19 on NFL.com’s online list of programming.

For the rest of the article, see http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/04/17/espn2-listing-indicates-schedule-release-is-coming-tuesday/

Per KDawg's non existent secretary:

Mr. Dawg would like to extend this statement to the NFL, ESPN, FOX, CBS and the artist formerly known as the NFLPA:

"Who cares? Wake me up when you come to a deal. Until then, I'll continue watching paint dry...It's more entertaining than a lockout schedule release."

So if the year starts late (say, week 5), do they go with the week 1 games in week 5 or the week 5 games?

---------- Post added April-18th-2011 at 05:29 PM ----------

Again, I'm betting we get a brutal stretch somewhere around 3/4th's of the way through the season. Something like:

vs. New York Jets

vs New England

@NYG

vs. Philly

Last I remembered, we beat the Jets :silly:

Archived