Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gizmodo: Mother updated Facebook before drowning herself and her kids

Toe Jam

http://gizmodo.com/#!5792240/mother-updated-facebook-before-drowning-herself-and-her-kids

A little less than 30 minutes before purposefully driving her minivan off a pier with her four children inside, Lashanda Armstrong updated her Facebook status from her Blackberry: "I'm sorry everyone forgive me please for what I'm gonna do… This is it!!!"

click link for more

Ignoring signs of mental illness in others never yields positive results. This lady was showing signs of severe mental illness and people just thought it was strange and not something to be concerned about. No way the boyfriend failed to notice. Now three kids are dead and one is living with tremendous pain. If you know someone showing signs of mental illness And you are close enough to them to effect change, do so.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110415/ap_on_re_us/us_family_s_minivan_river_deaths

Ryan told The Associated Press on Thursday that La'Shaun said Armstrong had held him and the other kids — boys ages 5 and 2 and an 11-month-old girl — as the minivan began sinking.

"She was holding on to all of them and said, `If I'm going to die, you're all going to die with me,'" Ryan said. "She said that two or three times."

But as the vehicle sank, La'Shaun broke free of his mother's grasp and clambered out a window.

Ryan said: "While he was doing that, he heard his mother saying, `I made a mistake, I made a terrible mistake.' And she tried to reverse the car out, but at that time it was too late. He said, `Mommy, I'm going to go get help,' and she said, `OK.' And that was the last he heard from his mother."

That last part is just heartbreaking. I don't usually get emotional when reading stuff like this but dang..

this story is heartbreaking, especially after reading that last article posted

After reading the OP, I was just shaking my head in disgust... But after reading the second article, my heart broke as well. So sad. I hope the kid can some how find peace... unlikely though. I'm not a religious person but in situations like this... I'm definitely praying for this kid

It's a shame that our society isn't driven by sympathy and compassion.

If it was, her facebook update could have said "please help me, I going under and need people here" and somebody might have been able to help her out before it got to this. But we shun weekness, in a very hard world.

It's a shame that our society isn't driven by sympathy and compassion.

If it was, her facebook update could have said "please help me, I going under and need people here" and somebody might have been able to help her out before it got to this. But we shun weekness, in a very hard world.

What kind of help do you need?

Archived