Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Last Seven Round Mock Before Draft Day

SidelineScouting

I can't even put into words how much I hate this mock.

Quinn has bust written all over him (unless you plan on playing Wake Forest or the Citadel every week).

If the fist 9 play out as indicated here, I'd just go ahead and take Prince unless I could trade back 5-10 slots and get an extra pick or two. Our secondary was awful last year, so it's not like we don't need a corner.

In the 2nd, I would much, much, much, much rather see Andy Dalton or Muhammad Wilkerson (don't see him falling that far though) over a diva wr.

Not enthused about the later picks either.

Like the 1st rounder in Quinn think he'll be a stud in the 3-4 D. As for Baldwin not a big fan of him there in the 2nd would rather see Wilkerson there since he's still available. Rest fo the mock though is pretty solid with Neild as a 3-4 NT option. Salas as a possible slot receiver ala Devone Bess and just a correction Pat Devlin is from Delaware not Idaho.

But overall solid mock just would change the 2nd rounder though

I actually love this mock draft I'm still torn between Jones and Quinn so either one of them I'd be happy with

2nd rd I like Baldwin ..some NFL analysis said he is very simular to VJ (on and off the field unfortunately) and lord knows we tried our best to get him here...I wouldn't be upset if we went o-line here with Wisniewski either but I think Shanny can find those linemen who fit the system lata in the draft

However, I'm not that big of a fan of this mock drafts later picks

We're not going to take Baldwin in the 2nd, at least I hope not. That would be stupid. I love the Quinn pick, though. Would probably rather have Locker.

---------- Post added April-13th-2011 at 10:42 AM ----------

Yea, in the 2nd i would rather see us take Stefen if he's avail.

And Pats picking up Watt and Ingram. Ouch for the rest of the league.

I really don't see Watt falling to #17.

A lot of hate for the Baldwin pick. haha.

I'll defend it by saying that Washington doesn't have a receiver like Baldwin on their roster. It's something they've been missing. Santana Moss, Anthony Armstrong, Brandon Banks, Roydell Williams... all small(er) guys. It's nice to have that big receiver who can go up and get the football, make plays in the red zone, and make that tough third down catch. Baldwin may be a bit of a prima donna, but he's a first round talent. There simply aren't a ton of guys that duplicate his tools.

In hindsight, Wilkerson would have been a great selection. I find it tough to believe that he'll fall out of the first round, but we say that every year. Right now I'd give about 40 guys first round grades, so you are going to have people who you think should go in the twenties end up falling into the late 30s/40s.

I don't see us taking Salas. I'd rather have Tyrod Taylor there. I'm a fan of the Sanzenbacher. Whenever I watched him play, he came up big. He's a gamer, and that's what you want in the 7th round. I actually think he could turn into a fine, hard-nosed receiver.

I don't see us taking Salas. I'd rather have Tyrod Taylor there. I'm a fan of the Sanzenbacher. Whenever I watched him play, he came up big. He's a gamer, and that's what you want in the 7th round. I actually think he could turn into a fine, hard-nosed receiver.

Chris Russell, who to me seems the most plugged in Redskins beat reporter, said weeks ago on 980 that the Skins LOVE Salas, and he's one of their targets. But I've seen Salas as high as the third round in some mocks so wonder if he's still there in the 5th.

A lot of hate for the Baldwin pick. haha.

I'll defend it by saying that Washington doesn't have a receiver like Baldwin on their roster. It's something they've been missing. Santana Moss, Anthony Armstrong, Brandon Banks, Roydell Williams... all small(er) guys. It's nice to have that big receiver who can go up and get the football, make plays in the red zone, and make that tough third down catch. Baldwin may be a bit of a prima donna, but he's a first round talent. There simply aren't a ton of guys that duplicate his tools.

In hindsight, Wilkerson would have been a great selection. I find it tough to believe that he'll fall out of the first round, but we say that every year. Right now I'd give about 40 guys first round grades, so you are going to have people who you think should go in the twenties end up falling into the late 30s/40s.

While I kinda understand your logic, we do have one guy who fits that description: Malcolm Kelly. Granted, we are also depending on him to be healthy, but even without him we have two pass catching TEs that can fill that role.

Looking at your scouting report, the combination of character concerns and the lack of explosiveness really makes me question if he's a good fit.

Chris Russell, who to me seems the most plugged in Redskins beat reporter, said weeks ago on 980 that the Skins LOVE Salas, and he's one of their targets. But I've seen Salas as high as the third round in some mocks so wonder if he's still there in the 5th.

Russell also said that they love Salas in the "second round area"

Russell also said that they love Salas in the "second round area"

Ugh. Really? I like Salas but that seems way too high. Maybe if we are able to pull off a trade down we'll use a 3rd or a 4th on the guy, but I think he's a reach.

As for the mock, I kinda like the Baldwin pick. It's hard to say how big of a knucklehead he'll be, but the talent is definitely there. Shanny liked Vincent Jackson coming out of college but didn't pull the trigger... I think he regrets that decision. I could see him making the pick... but with the Devin Thomas flame out I wonder if Shanny has the patience to take on another WR with tremendous talent but question marks off the field.

(To the OP, we have Kelly as a 6'4" WR, but how much can we count on him?)

I think Quinn would be good in the first, but there are enough questions of him that I'd rather take Prince in the scenario (well, second to trading down and getting an extra pick).

In the 2nd I think in might be a solid place to trade down if we don't in the first. As you mention there could be 30-40 1st round grades and someone will drop. You have 5 or 6 guys in the second half of the second round that I'd consider taking at #41. I'd probably go with Stefen if we stayed.

I like the Nield pick, indifferent on the Salas pick, we do need a WR and if Baldwin isn't the 2nd round pick this is probably where it should happen.

In the sixth, with the options I see I think I'd go with Steven Friday. Gives us depth at OLB and probably a solid STer.

If we can get Devlin in the 7th, I say go for it. He showed some good accuracy, but is still inconsistant after 2 years starting. I think he could be a solid back-up with a chance at starting with some work. The other guys I don't know much about, but would rather see another LB/STer late, then another 7th WR that probably won't se much time.

I think I would literally breakd own into tears if this draft occurred. Quinn is interesting but I have my doubts about him. I could live with that pick. Baldwin scares me from character concerns. He really did an excellent job of throwing everyone under the bus at some point. No thanks.

Beyond that I just don't see the need to draft 3 WR's. Could we use 3 new recievers? Sure. We have a lot of other holes too. A seventh round CB seems like a throw away pick. If we want a ST guy we can hold onto Westbrook. Barnes seems to be making progress and Hall is locked in as a starter. We either need a veteran stopgap or a potential starter that can be groomed. I don't think we'll be finding that in the seventh.

I'm not a Devlin fan either but I suppose he could be a decent value late in the draft. Overall I appreciate the effort I would just be disapointed with this as a result.

Why the hell would you want Tyrod Taylor? He's too inaccurate to be a QB. And he's too small and slow to be a WR. He's a terrible prospect and I don't see why there's so much love for him.

Sideline Scouting posted their final seven round mock draft this morning, it can be found at:

www.sidelinescouting.com/mock

We were having a tough time on Washington because Green/Julio were off the board.

If that scenario happens, which it appears that it will, what do you guys hope Washington does with the pick?

There are some pretty "in the know" people around these parts that are saying that even if one of those two WRs was on the board when Washington picks, if Robert Quinn is available, we're taking him. And I'm all for it, though I do wish there was a 3-4 nose tackle worthy of a top 10 pick in this draft.

Edit: Also if Andy Dalton or Ryan Williams are available in the second, I'd want one of them. And again, those who read the tea-leaves say that there's a good chance one of them could be the pick. Which makes me pretty happy. :)

Archived