Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: NFL set to unveil preseason schedule Tuesday (today)

authentic

This is a giant "who cares".

Right now, it doesn't even look like there's going to be a preseason, so why give a crap about the schedule?

The NFL is pissing me off so much right now that I don't even care about anything NFL related. I have a feeling my bitterness is going to last a bit after the lockout is over as well.

Right now, it doesn't even look like there's going to be a preseason, so why give a crap about the schedule?

The NFL is pissing me off so much right now that I don't even care about anything NFL related. I have a feeling my bitterness is going to last a bit after the lockout is over as well.

my sentiments exactly. Why even bother with a schedule with this legal crap looming over thier heads? But, i guess this is what we're relegated to in the dog days.

Per Cleveland.com: According to a league source, the league would need a bare minimum of three weeks to prepare for an exhibition game. That means the labor dispute would have to be resolved by July 21 for the first preseason game to be played as scheduled.

And even then I still won't care. I'm numb to this right now. If they get it over with in time for the regular season I'm sure the bug will bite, as I'm obviously a huge 'Skins fan. But right now I think I'd be content watching college games for the scouting factor.

wow thats smart. Yeah, lets have a preseason schedule when we might not even have a season. Brilliant.

They still have to create a schedule in the event that this stuff is resolved. If it's not resolved, then obviously the games won't be played.

It's not like we can't guess some of the teams. We'll end up playing some combination of the Ravens, Steelers, Panthers, Bengals, Jags, Jets, and Patriots.

Usually don't play teams we play in regular season so Panthers, Jets, and Patriots are out. Let's play Steelers at Fed Ex. Probably definitely play the Ravens. Last year we played Arizona, maybe we can play a team like Kansas City or Denver

First game and last game are at home against the Steelers and Bucs, respectively. Middle two games are against Colts and Ravens on the road. Ravens game will be on ESPN. Date ranges of games at:

http://www.redskins.com/news-and-events/article-1/Redskins-Announce-2011-Preseason-Schedule/43e6b125-e005-4448-82dd-b8d380931cd6

Edit: CPortis, where did you get the dates from? The Skins article has only the Ravens game with an exact date nailed down.

I agree with you. Its hard to get excited about the Draft when teams can't even sign the players until the lockout is over. Until the lockout is over, I honestly don't care about the NFL. I have MLB, NHL, and NBA to hold me over for now.

First game and last game are at home against the Steelers and Bucs, respectively. Middle two games are against Colts and Ravens on the road. Ravens game will be on ESPN. Date ranges of games at:

http://www.redskins.com/news-and-events/article-1/Redskins-Announce-2011-Preseason-Schedule/43e6b125-e005-4448-82dd-b8d380931cd6

Edit: CPortis, where did you get the dates from? The Skins article has only the Ravens game with an exact date nailed down.

NFL.com. The first list is the nationally televised games list (we only have the redskins vs ravens game for our nationally televised game) and the 2nd list is the dates of the other games.

Thanks CPortis. Think its funny that the league lists the last weekend as Sept 1-2 and then there's no games on the 2nd.

Also, even though we're all frustrated with the labor stalemate as it is and we always know what we're getting with preseason football, the exhibition home slate in 2011 will suck for the fans. The starters play a couple of series in the first game and then might not play at all in the last game. Wish we would've gotten one of the two middle games at home. Oh well.........

Thanks CPortis. Think its funny that the league lists the last weekend as Sept 1-2 and then there's no games on the 2nd.

Also, even though we're all frustrated with the labor stalemate as it is and we always know what we're getting with preseason football, the exhibition home slate in 2011 will suck for the fans. The starters play a couple of series in the first game and then might not play at all in the last game. Wish we would've gotten one of the two middle games at home. Oh well.........

yeah thats true. but im a diehard redskins fan so i watch all preseason redskins games, even the away games :) i just like watching my team play even if nobody important plays.

This is actually very important.

Let's say we have preseason games on August 4, 11, 17, and 24.

This is good, especially on a site with as many members as this.

By the 26th, we ought to really have a good idea of who the truly stupid among us are.

we'll know them by their insistence that they "see" things in preseason that they don't see, and they'll also be telling those of us who laugh at their analysis that these games "mean something"

Laws of preseason

1. These games mean nothing. You don't see anything in them because they aren't showing you anything.

2. It doesn't matter whether your starters did better than they're starters. In fact, making that assertion is one of the best ways to show you're completely clueless. You have no idea what your guys are working on, nor do you have any idea what their guys are working on.

3. Competitions are decided in camp 90% of th time. Guys who are fighting for a job using preseason games to prove his worth are so far on the bubble he's just about off it. The exception is kickers, who need game situations to show. Occasionally a guy will do something in preseason games that will earn him a spot (mostly he's also been shining in camp). But more often than not you'll be wondering why a guy who looked good in the 4th qtr of the last two preseason games got cut.

4. Teams trying to decide on a QB in preseason games will be picking high next year.

5. These games mean nothing.

~Bang

Everyone knows preseason football is substandard. Attendance is 1/2 full at best. You can't sell the tickets but for 20 cents on the dollar. The owners have admitted preseason is substandard with their push to convert two preseason games to regular season. So Hail Yeah I'd just as soon have the Danny refund my full price ticket.

Laws of preseason

1. These games mean nothing. You don't see anything in them because they aren't showing you anything.

2. It doesn't matter whether your starters did better than they're starters. In fact, making that assertion is one of the best ways to show you're completely clueless. You have no idea what your guys are working on, nor do you have any idea what their guys are working on.

3. Competitions are decided in camp 90% of th time. Guys who are fighting for a job using preseason games to prove his worth are so far on the bubble he's just about off it. The exception is kickers, who need game situations to show. Occasionally a guy will do something in preseason games that will earn him a spot (mostly he's also been shining in camp). But more often than not you'll be wondering why a guy who looked good in the 4th qtr of the last two preseason games got cut.

4. Teams trying to decide on a QB in preseason games will be picking high next year.

5. These games mean nothing.

~Bang

This should be stickied, with big red flashing lights for extra emphasis.

Did Bang mention these games mean NOTHING!

Hail.

This obviously means that there will be a full season this year. smh at people believing there might not actually be a season. seriously? The players and owners know there will be a season. The players are just trying to pry some money out of the owners' cold and undeserving hands.

Archived