Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BR: The Case for A.J. Green at Number One

FedExFielder

Actually, QB is their biggest need. They're a very solid team. Their QB play just held them back. Two stud running backs, Steve Smith's still got something left, David Gettis showed flashes last season, and i think Brandon LaFell can develop into a solid #2. They have bookend tackles and a pro bowl center. They're one QB away on offense from being a playoff-type offense.

It's strange, this year we have two WRs that in any other year would be locks for top 10 picks but I just don't see too much interests in them at this point. I think that there is a good chance that at least one of them will be there at 9 when the Cowboys pick but we really can't take one and they may actually be the best player on the board.

I live in the Charlotte area and all indications are Steve Smith possibly wants out.

Well, that would suggest to me that a slight trade down and a possible selection of one of the two top WRs might be in order there. A team like the Cardinals at #5 might be a good deal for both teams. If the price to trade up into the top spot were, say a 3rd, that would allow Arizona to move past Cincy and take their pick of QBs, while allowing Carolina to move down, pick up a valuable pick. The points probably wouldn't work but I don't know that you would get the points to work in a draft such as this.

Actually, QB is their biggest need. They're a very solid team. Their QB play just held them back. Two stud running backs, Steve Smith's still got something left, David Gettis showed flashes last season, and i think Brandon LaFell can develop into a solid #2. They have bookend tackles and a pro bowl center. They're one QB away on offense from being a playoff-type offense.

But that defense has much more needs. Clausen still might pan out for them, but they need defense first and foremost.

But that defense has much more needs. Clausen still might pan out for them, but they need defense first and foremost.

Their defense is alright when they get healed from injuries. Thomas Davis and Chris Gamble weren't healthy last year and they took a hit. They need a defensive tackle more than any other position on defense. QB is a bigger need.

Archived