Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Where is the love for Greg Little

cchhdd25

The guy is a former running back, stands at 6'3, 220, has great open field skills, which if your tall and good in the open field your a great fit for the west coast offense.

Right now he's carrying a 4th round grade but I could see him being picked early 3rd or late 2nd. He's not the most polished receiver but that's what we're paying McCardell for. I believe he'll be this years Hakeem Nicks, a first round talent that will slide into day two or three and with some work he'll make a great #1 or #2 WR for someone. Hopefully for us.

No reason to spend a top 10 pick on a luxury pick like WR if you can get a talent in the 2nd or 3rd.

He is an interesting prospect but we don't seem to have the ammo for it right now. I don't think he stacks up value wise with our second roud pick and we lack third and fourth round selections.

I don't get the Hakeem Nicks comparison either. Nicks was a first round talent that was drafted in the first round. Greg Little does not seem to be as talented and thus will not be drafted as highly.

He's my favorite mid-round WR prospect in this draft. And judging by the fact that Shanahan drafted Brandon Marshall in the 4th round...I'd assume he's on our radar. Reminds me of a cross between Marshall and Boldin, on the field. Should be a steal in the 3rd or 4th round, if we trade back and acquire one of those picks.

He'll slip because of off-field concerns, and the fact that he just didn't get a chance to show he could produce in college. Less than 1,000 yards in his entire college career.

He's one of those guys who really has the potential to be a better NFL player than college player.

My bad on the Nicks comparison, coulda sworn he was a second round guy. I like the Boldin comparison though.

And I full expect us to trade out of the 10 spot and pick up a 3rd and 4th rounder.

A few other guys on my radar include

Kendric Ellis - guy can move incredibly sideline to sideline for a guy his size. Not sold on Phil Taylor and think he's the real NT steal of this draft.

Ricky Stanzi - He just missed on the 26,27, and 60 rule. 59.8%. Still a good leader, intelligent, accurate with size and frame to put on more weight and make his arm stronger. Not a day 1 starter at QB but worst case is we have a system #2 for 10 years.

Kendric Burney - Makes plays. Does not have speed and ran a bad 40 but should slip to the 5th round. Still a good nickle guy that plays well within 20 yards of the ball, can be beat deep though.

So all in all, if we trade back to #14with the rams, gain a third

then trade back with N.E. to 17 or trade back in the2nd and gain a fourth

My ideal draft would be

1. Jake Locker at 14 or 17

2. Kendric Ellis

3. Greg Little

4. Ricky Stanzi

5. Kendric Burney

5. Mark Herzlich

6. Kris O'Dowd

7. Derrick Locke

7. Martin Parker

7. ?

Kendric Ellis - guy can move incredibly sideline to sideline for a guy his size. Not sold on Phil Taylor and think he's the real NT steal of this draft.

I've happened to have worked with Kenrick in the past and I have to say, I'd stay away from the guy. Kicked out of USC for weed, suspended from Hampton for breaking a kid's jaw because of a girl (should have been more than one game but he's their best player) and he has an overall laziness factor to him. He's a freak athletically but I don't see him staying out of trouble long enough to make an impact. Too Haynesworth-esque for me.

I've happened to have worked with Kenrick in the past and I have to say, I'd stay away from the guy. Kicked out of USC for weed, suspended from Hampton for breaking a kid's jaw because of a girl (should have been more than one game but he's their best player) and he has an overall laziness factor to him. He's a freak athletically but I don't see him staying out of trouble long enough to make an impact. Too Haynesworth-esque for me.

If this is the case, then I would say pass!

My bad on the Nicks comparison, coulda sworn he was a second round guy. I like the Boldin comparison though.

And I full expect us to trade out of the 10 spot and pick up a 3rd and 4th rounder.

A few other guys on my radar include

Ricky Stanzi - He just missed on the 26,27, and 60 rule. 59.8%. Still a good leader, intelligent, accurate with size and frame to put on more weight and make his arm stronger. Not a day 1 starter at QB but worst case is we have a system #2 for 10 years.

Kendric Burney - Makes plays. Does not have speed and ran a bad 40 but should slip to the 5th round. Still a good nickle guy that plays well within 20 yards of the ball, can be beat deep though.

So all in all, if we trade back to #14with the rams, gain a third

then trade back with N.E. to 17 or trade back in the2nd and gain a fourth

My ideal draft would be

1. Jake Locker at 14 or 17

2. Kendric Ellis

3. Greg Little

4. Ricky Stanzi

5. Kendric Burney

5. Mark Herzlich

6. Kris O'Dowd

7. Derrick Locke

7. Martin Parker

7. ?

Have you ever watched Jake Locker....he is a bigger project than Cam Newton

Actually I have watched Jake Locker, have you? Or do you just watch ESPN and listen to Mel Kiper?

Not to turn it into a Locker thread but from the games of his that I have watched I think the major problems he has stems from very poor footwork inside the pocket. That is correctable with a year or two of work. A lot of his throws were off balanced due to his line being dead awful. The guy rarely got a chance to sit and throw. His ability to throw on the run and the accuracy there is one of the best I've ever seen and that's exactly what is needed in this offense. The Shanahan system is built on stretch play, stretch play, playaction bootleg to the other side and having your three levels of passes to choose from coming out of the back end. Plus with a guy like Locker and his speed you now open up the first and second levels more due to the corners having to play the run also.

His real problem comes in the pocket but his accuracy when he has time is not that bad. He was not asked to make too many deep throws in Washington though, so that worries me a bit. He is a solid mid to late 1st round QB. So were Roethlisberger and Aaron Rodgers.

The "experts" that you guys watch on TV just go with who the "consensus" best players are. Sometimes the best way to get good is buck the norm and go with how you feel on a guy. And apparently Shanahan loves him so I'll take his judgment.

He's Greg Little. If his name was Max Strong maybe there would be more love.

This is an awesome point.

But in seriousness, I've been screaming about this guy for months. I live in Durham and all my friends went to UNC, so I saw a fair amount of him in 2009. He's really good. Minus the suspension issues (and subsequent dishonesty), he's a borderline first/second-rounder, so someone will get a real steal in the third, if he lasts that long. Honestly, if we picked him at #41, I'd consider it progressive thinking.

Actually I have watched Jake Locker, have you? Or do you just watch ESPN and listen to Mel Kiper?

Not to turn it into a Locker thread but from the games of his that I have watched I think the major problems he has stems from very poor footwork inside the pocket. That is correctable with a year or two of work. A lot of his throws were off balanced due to his line being dead awful. The guy rarely got a chance to sit and throw. His ability to throw on the run and the accuracy there is one of the best I've ever seen and that's exactly what is needed in this offense. The Shanahan system is built on stretch play, stretch play, playaction bootleg to the other side and having your three levels of passes to choose from coming out of the back end. Plus with a guy like Locker and his speed you now open up the first and second levels more due to the corners having to play the run also.

His real problem comes in the pocket but his accuracy when he has time is not that bad. He was not asked to make too many deep throws in Washington though, so that worries me a bit. He is a solid mid to late 1st round QB. So were Roethlisberger and Aaron Rodgers.

The "experts" that you guys watch on TV just go with who the "consensus" best players are. Sometimes the best way to get good is buck the norm and go with how you feel on a guy. And apparently Shanahan loves him so I'll take his judgment.

YOU IMPLY to much, why can't someone have their own opinion and analysis just like you do. obviously from his point of view, as well as mine, we see that locker has a lot of negatives. Mel and other nfl draft analysts do there job by evaluating, and they do a pretty good job, thats why they get paid the way they do and year in and year out maintain their position. Just because they think locker isn't worth a top 10-15 pick doesn't mean anything, in the end its all opinion. You haven't talked to shanahan, your going off other "experts or writers" that say shanny loves locker...You have no idea who shanny loves, and who he's favoring towards.. Hell he didn't show interest in cutler, but drafted him w/ his first. These "experts" do a great job each year, they evaluate 1000's of athletes, so for the most part of ur "consensus best player", those players earned that recognition..

To me locker has the physical attributes,ok footwork, good arm strength and quickness, but showed he can be erratic, and very inconsistent with his throws. His accuracy is very questionable as well as his decision making. Thus i wouldn't draft Locker with our first selection, 2nd or 3rd-yes... The value is just not there in my eyes, picking at #10, you have to draft a player who can make an immediate impact, thus you draft BPA at 10 or trade back, Locker will not have the effect at 10, and hell have to be worked on.. At 10 hopefully one of the elite players drop, just like when orakpo did... so im hoping for Quinn,Prince,Green,Marcel,Miller...to fall which we than can draft an immediate player not a project

Archived