Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sen. Franken Proposes Balanced War Budget

Bliz

If you haven't figured out that this entire responsible spending debate really means "responsible on things that democrats favor" you've been asleep. The GOP will never support something that interrupts their ability to play Santa. War is one of those things they view very favorably, let's not forget the preemptive war doctrine. They want to cut taxes and increase spending on all the things they favor including military and wars.

neither party will actually cut spending and we all know it. At least this move will make them think twice before sending Americans into harms way,

America is an empire now, troops in bases/garrisons all over the world, and army larger than the next ten countries and no desire to cut it.

Now if America launches an actual war then the uprising no longer belongs to the people of Lybia so they did what the French did for the US during the war of independance

You want to do things cheaper, work on becoming more a part of the international community, Khaddify much like the Syrian leader and Osama should have been taken by an international police force and tried as criminals.

If America was an empire, Mexico and Canada would be the 51st and 52nd states....or according to obama, the 58th and 59th.....

If America was an empire, Mexico and Canada would be the 51st and 52nd states....or according to obama, the 58th and 59th.....

For quite a long time America had troop bases in Canada, I believe it was under Clinton that the bases closed as military spending was cut, and the US in history has tried their hand at exapanding in to Canada and Mexico

---------- Post added April-10th-2011 at 07:30 AM ----------

If you haven't figured out that this entire responsible spending debate really means "responsible on things that democrats favor" you've been asleep. The GOP will never support something that interrupts their ability to play Santa. War is one of those things they view very favorably, let's not forget the preemptive war doctrine. They want to cut taxes and increase spending on all the things they favor including military and wars.

neither party will actually cut spending and we all know it. At least this move will make them think twice before sending Americans into harms way,

Here is the thing though people complain when the Democrats tax and spend and it is domestic programs which keeps money in the country and the economy flowing

War not only has the immediate costs but longterm costs also

I really don't understand what's wrong with the concept of raising taxes to pay for a war we must engage in? Why is that such a controversial thought? I've always thought it completely irresponsible that we previously cut taxes while engaging in two wars.

If I had to guess the reason so many are against it is our crappy school system. Now, I'm not saying that those who oppose paying for wars are dumb, but despite what conservatives say, tax is not a four letter word.

I really don't understand what's wrong with the concept of raising taxes to pay for a war we must engage in? Why is that such a controversial thought? I've always thought it completely irresponsible that we previously cut taxes while engaging in two wars.

If I had to guess the reason so many are against it is our crappy school system. Now, I'm not saying that those who oppose paying for wars are dumb, but despite what conservatives say, tax is not a four letter word.

Here is the problem on the right in America it is not uncommon to hear that taxation is theft, the problem is the sane folks in America actually should be getting out the message what taxes do pay for and those who rail against things like earmarks should not ask for them either.

but despite what conservatives say, tax is not a four letter word.

Well, if you want to go there... despite what liberals say, the solution to everything isn't to increase taxes.

America actually should be getting out the message what taxes do pay for and those who rail against things like earmarks should not ask for them either.

Yes, conservatives have shown a ton of hypocrisy with their own earmarks.. Shame.

Well, if you want to go there... despite what liberals say, the solution to everything isn't to increase taxes.

I think mine was funnier.

If I were you I might have gone with something like.. despite what liberals say "job" is not a four letter word. :shrug:

I love projection. Republicans when there is a surplus, want to give it back and cut taxes. When there is a time of economic growth they want to cut taxes because revenues are up. When we are in recession we have to cut taxes to promote recovery. Recently they even cut taxes while the nation was at war (which I believe was the first time this ever happened).

But yeah.. it's liberals that push a one size fits all solution. Keep telling yourself that.

How about if we come to the aid of a nation that nation cover the costs?

May not work, now if all nations had to put money into a UN fund that if nations are called to act they are compensated it may work out a bit better ie UN votes that Ghaddifii needs to arrested and the US and their allies are asked to go get him they are paid for their exspenses.

Archived