Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Any good Fried Chicken in the DC area?????

HOF44

Is there any place around DC to get good fried chicken??? Not talking deep fried boneless breast, but good old fashioned, iron skillet, flour breaded fried chicken. Forget Popeyes, KFC, Church's or any of that stuff.

That finished off with a nice piece of yellow cake with chocolate frosting would be perfect.

Damn I'm hungry.

I miss mambo sauce :(

Tell me about it. I've been outta DC since 2001, and I'd do ANYTHING for 4 wings and fried rice, mumbo sauce on everything right now. :)

Where are you at in SC? I lived in Columbia for 2 years. There is some good eatin' around there.

Bon Chon in Annandale

http://www.bonchon.com/

The crispiest chicken I have ever had. If you plan on going, make sure you call in first to reserve a table as the restaurant itself is pretty small and is usually crowded. When you get there make sure to order a few beers because the chicken will take up to an hour to come out. Supposedly they double fry each piece which takes awhile but the result is amazing.

Bon Chon in Annandale

The crispiest chicken I have ever had. If you plan on going, make sure you call in first to reserve a table as the restaurant itself is pretty small and is usually crowded. When you get there make sure to order a few beers because the chicken will take up to an hour to come out. Supposedly they double fry each piece which takes awhile but the result is amazing.

Not sure if thats exactly what I'm looking for, but it looks damn good. It is on the list to try too. Thanks guys!

I know you're looking for something other than chains, but thought I'd mention that Bojangles just opened a store in the Food Court at Union Station. The line has been outrageous.

Bon Chon in Annandale

Second. Also, a new Bonchon opened up in Fairfax. The decor is nicer, and the service is actually friendly and good, unlike the Annandale location. It's on Old Pickett Road near Fairfax Circle, in the little strip shopping center across from the Home Depot. (Artie's Great American is nearby.) The chicken does take a long time, so it's smart to call ahead.

If you go to a Nationals game, go to Leo's Carry out.Four wings and Fries with Mumbo Sauce. :D Sits right there on South Capital and N St SW.

If it is a late game, go across the street to Cap's Liquor store.

Ok. Leo's is on the list too. Might take me awhile as I don't get to many games, but when I go I'm definelty making a stop there.

Not sure if there's one in DC, but just have to throw this in there.

If you ever come across a Lee's Famous Chicken, go there. Best fried chicken I've ever had (there's 1 in Richmond).

I think I just found my dinner.

btw, if anyone has any good chicken suggestions here in Richmond I'd love to here. I'm sure there's many I haven't discovered yet.

I think I just found my dinner.

btw, if anyone has any good chicken suggestions here in Richmond I'd love to here. I'm sure there's many I haven't discovered yet.

Yeah, apparently there is one of those a little south of Charlotte in Rock Hill, SC. I am intrigued.

Make some!

I like to use the drumsticks. They fry up the quickest and taste the best. Get some good quality drumsticks and put them in a big tupperware container. Poor 1/2 gallon of buttermilk over top and put it in the fridge overnight.

Next day, drain buttermilk. mix salt, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, and paprika together in a shaker and shake on each drumstick. dredge in flour (shake off excess, you don't need much) and cook in about 1/2" of oil in a cast-iron skillet. Turn after 10 minutes, total cooking time about 20 minutes.

most recipes call for shortening, I use peanut oil. Keep temp of oil at 325.

Last but not least, invite your good pal zoony over for dinner.

Archived