Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anniversary in Va Beach - What to do?

Tweedr01

Ok so obviously we are going to VA Beach, and of course I didn't even think that "Oh yeah, we booked it the same weekend as our anniversary...". So a gentle reminder from the wife this weekend that our staycation just so happens to fall on our anniversary, coincidence? I wish.

It has been years since I have been to VA beach, just wanted to know what there is to do there. Any very nice restaurants, or spots that I should check out? Thanks in advance.

Here is a link to Town Center in Va Beach

http://www.vabeachtowncenter.com/

There are some nice restaurants and a comedy club.

Or you can stay at the Hilton on 30th street at the Ocean Front. The have the sky bar on the roof, and a bar/restaurant on the bottom floor.

Pretty cool, sky bar sounds like it would go over great, have you ever heard of 1 fish - 2 fish? I was looking at some of the nicer restaurants in the area and it had pretty good reviews. I also saw Ruth's Chris, but...they have one of those up here, I'd rather do something a little different. The comedy club sounds great too!

Pretty cool, sky bar sounds like it would go over great, have you ever heard of 1 fish - 2 fish? I was looking at some of the nicer restaurants in the area and it had pretty good reviews. I also saw Ruth's Chris, but...they have one of those up here, I'd rather do something a little different. The comedy club sounds great too!

1 fish 2 fish is very popular. If I remember correctly, it's overlooking a waterway (maybe has a gym complex inside as well?). I've never eaten there, though.

I would walk down the boardwalk. Check out the cool surf shops by the water (17th Street, WRVs) if you're into that.

I'm trying to remember other things. I usually hang out with family when I go there.

Taste Unlimited is a great sandwich shop for lunch. I would definitely recommend going there.

There are a ton of good restaurants. I would just explore around.

It'll probably be too cold to do much on the water but a walk on the beach would be fine.

Another place I like is Chick's bar on the water. It's got a VA Beach feel, at least for me.

You didn't mention when you were going. The sky bar at the Hilton isn't open yet. I *think* it opens in early May.

Terrapin restaurant is excellent. We just ate there in February for our anniversary. Tautogs, Rockafellars are also supposed to be good.

The Hilton at 30th street has a great indoor/outdoor bar. The restaurant is also very good.

We haven't been there in years, but were pleasantly surprised in February to see all of the changes that have been made. We had a blast bar hopping up and down the boardwalk.

1 fish 2 fish is very popular. If I remember correctly, it's overlooking a waterway (maybe has a gym complex inside as well?). I've never eaten there, though.

I would walk down the boardwalk. Check out the cool surf shops by the water (17th Street, WRVs) if you're into that.

I'm trying to remember other things. I usually hang out with family when I go there.

Taste Unlimited is a great sandwich shop for lunch. I would definitely recommend going there.

There are a ton of good restaurants. I would just explore around.

It'll probably be too cold to do much on the water but a walk on the beach would be fine.

Another place I like is Chick's bar on the water. It's got a VA Beach feel, at least for me.

That's one of the parts of the review I saw that I know she would love, getting that view of the water from inside would be great. And walking the boardwalk was another on the to-do list, I dunno what it is about VA beach's boardwalk but I love it. I'll have to check out the Chick's bar, I haven't been to va beach since before I turned 21 so it might be fun to get out there.

You didn't mention when you were going. The sky bar at the Hilton isn't open yet. I *think* it opens in early May.

Terrapin restaurant is excellent. We just ate there in February for our anniversary. Tautogs, Rockafellars are also supposed to be good.

The Hilton at 30th street has a great indoor/outdoor bar. The restaurant is also very good.

We haven't been there in years, but were pleasantly surprised in February to see all of the changes that have been made. We had a blast bar hopping up and down the boardwalk.

We are going down this weekend which is why on Monday morning I was worried about getting this all together. That sucks that the sky bar won't be open, I mentioned it to her already, hopefully they have something comparable to it. She loves the Skydome Lounge in the Double Tree in Arlington. Is the hilton with the indoor/outdoor bar different from the hilton putting in the sky bar? I think we may end up doing that on Saturday night, it's not just an anniversary but we will be getting a weekend off from the little one too which doesn't happen often.

I think 1fish2fish is off Great Neck Road. Not really that close to the Ocean Front, but in between that and Town Center.

Here is another link you can check out

http://www.vabeach.com/

http://www.beachstreetusa.com/

McCormick and Shmicks is a nice play to take the wifey (town sq.)

I'll take a look at those links, I know McCormick's is really nice I used to work in Tyson's and it was the spot to be. Only thing is I want to take her to a spot we wouldn't be able to go to up here. Something unique to Va beach.

These are just some restaurants and/or bars to get you started. If you want other ideas, theres more, just ask and i can oblige.

Rudee's Daytimes on the weekend are fun at their cabana.

Big Sams (got a chuckle when i looked at the "photos Page' on their site. A friend of mine is in the first photo. LOL

Catch 31

Chick's Off Shore Drive. Visit the state park then head over for dinner?

CP Shuckers

Doc Taylor's

We have a Murphy's 30th and pacific

Salacia Bring your pocket book, but probably your best bet for a romantic dinner. Quality stuff.

11 st. Taphouse

Waterman'sCrushfest on the 17th. Go here and have an Orange Crush.

The Catch31 restaurant inside the Hilton is nice.... DmbPYwqqV1TNT5-640m.jpg

I went to a wedding down in VA Beach a few years ago, and we went to that restaurant to hang out afterwards. Pretty inside, but I think I only ate clam chowder there. It's oceanfront and they have fire pits outside.

Here's the restaurant link: http://www.catch31.com/home.aspx

What?! That place looks really cool, thanks for the heads up.

---------- Post added April-6th-2011 at 07:19 AM ----------

These are just some restaurants and/or bars to get you started. If you want other ideas, theres more, just ask and i can oblige.

Rudee's Daytimes on the weekend are fun at their cabana.

Big Sams (got a chuckle when i looked at the "photos Page' on their site. A friend of mine is in the first photo. LOL

Catch 31

Chick's Off Shore Drive. Visit the state park then head over for dinner?

CP Shuckers

Doc Taylor's

We have a Murphy's 30th and pacific

Salacia Bring your pocket book, but probably your best bet for a romantic dinner. Quality stuff.

11 st. Taphouse

Waterman'sCrushfest on the 17th. Go here and have an Orange Crush.

Thanks for the list, I took a look at Salacia and you aren't lying, lol

i've been to the aquarium there. it was pretty cool.

williamsburg is pretty close, too.

if only busch gardens was open, it's been forever since i've been there, but it's too early in the year.

is the aquarium there anything like the one in baltimore? that's the only one i've been to.

if only busch gardens was open, it's been forever since i've been there, but it's too early in the year.

is the aquarium there anything like the one in baltimore? that's the only one i've been to.

Busch Gardens is open this weekend. They're open 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. on Saturday, and 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Sunday.

Busch Gardens is open this weekend. They're open 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. on Saturday, and 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Sunday.

I'm assuming you've already booked rooms, but if you hadn't, Great Wolf Lodge is a nice place to relax...hotel and indoor water park all in one.

There are a bunch of bars and hang out spots for you two, all you need to do is go exploring

Archived