Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pictures from Georgiaredskin and dfitzo53's wedding

techboy

I didn't want these to get lost in the shuffle, so I started a new thread. Amy shot the wedding, and these are hot off the presses, complete with commentary by me.

Before the wedding:

IMG_0078.jpg

The ceremony:

IMG_0168.jpg

It was a fun reception (except I had to sit with this dude rincewind. Talked way too much. His wife was nice, though. :silly:). A theme was noted, from the burgundy and gold colors (check the groomsmen's ties above and the bridesmaid's dresses), to the tables being designated by player (I sat at Sonny Jurgensen... there was also Carlos Rogers, including a picture that had, as rincewind pointed out, him actually catching the ball, though I pointed out that he might have dropped it right as the picture was taken), to the couple's entrance to "Hail to the Redskins", to the Groom's cake, to the garter (which, after it was tossed, I found out had a Redskins logo), down to the shoes Karla wore at the reception:

IMG_7865.jpg

These are custom made, apparently, and read "Fitz" on the heel. Karla is dancing here. David is also attempting to move to music. :)

Contrary to what it might appear, the dance was not the Hokey Pokey.

Bets were taken at my table as to whether or not David would break out this move:

6zlViU5PBPY

For the record, he did not (though the DJ didn't play that particular song, to be fair). (The cynic might point out that I never ventured onto the dance floor myself. My official reason is that my dance partner was busy with her camera.)

And finally, the getaway in the "limo", as David put it.

IMG_8104.jpg

As many of you already know from the tailgates, the car is Redskins themed too. I suggested this shot to Amy to try to catch the helmet on the side of the car, but her take on it is probably better. :)

There are a few more shots on Amy's blog, which is on her website. Fellow board member Ellis' engagement shots are on there too.

Best of luck... you'll need it. Nice pics. That "minister" looks more like a hippie. Prolly burned one before and after the ceremony. Hope you spent your money on the honeymoon and not the event.

Cheers

Congratulations to the newlyweds and I applaud their spirit in personalizing their ceremony this way. It makes it far more meaningful as an expression of themselves and sets a fabulous tone for the beginning of this chapter in their lives.

And yeah, I noticed the minister too.....

There's a closer picture on Amy's blog, and what you might not have noticed from the more distant shot is that the pastor was wearing wire rimmed glasses. Perhaps those offset some of the effect? :ols:

One of the most amusing aspects of the wedding was looking at David's various family members, and saying "Okay... there's David in 10 years" "There's David in 20 years" and so on... The family resemblance is pretty uncanny. You can see it a bit in the ceremony shot, I believe it's his older brother to the right of him.

Thank you for all of the well wishes, everybody! We are currently on our honeymoon in Curacao! It is amazing, especially since I have only been to Canada to the gift shop at Niagara Falls. Clear waters, with trigger fish and angel fish underneath the surface, shells, sunny skies.......a total dream.

And he's a Pastor, not a minister! He was the praise & worship (music) pastor at our old church who is awesome and rocks out modern Christian music. I know you guys are just kidding, but he is a great Christian who has been where you think he has been, but has been saved by the grace of God. There is NO other person I would've wanted to marry us. His heart is gold and he truly loves the Lord. And he rocks those glasses!

And he's a Pastor, not a minister! He was the praise & worship (music) pastor at our old church who is awesome and rocks out modern Christian music. I know you guys are just kidding, but he is a great Christian who has been where you think he has been, but has been saved by the grace of God. There is NO other person I would've wanted to marry us. His heart is gold and he truly loves the Lord. And he rocks those glasses!

You tell 'em, Karla! :)

Archived