Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES - First victim of the lockout's cost cutting measures

TK

All

After several weeks of going back & forth with the powers that be, ES is coming to an end. Its no secret that the team had been paying for the cost of keeping ES online & somewhat maintained. Now as a budget cut cost saving measure, that is coming to an end.

Over the last few days, Jumbo, MTH, PCS, zooney, & myself have discussed funding ES out of our pockets. With the economy the way it is, several of us working longer hours at our day jobs, having families & just having a life outside of ES, we've decided its just not worth it to foot the enormous cost of keeping ES around.

The main deciding factor besides the money is social media.

Twitter & Facebook both offer outlets for some of us. And they don't cost us anything to keep online. There's already an ES facebook group. So maybe we'll see you guys there.

Its been a blast having ES as my favorite place to hang my hat for nearly a decade, but alas, All good things....

Well now what the hell am I supposed to do at work, actually work?

I can't wait to see how many people this ropes in. They will deserve mockery and scorn. Have you considered shutting down the website for a few hours just to screw with people?

Well now what the hell am I supposed to do at work, actually work?

I can't wait to see how many people this ropes in. They will deserve mockery and scorn. Have you considered shutting down the website for a few hours just to screw with people?

That's what I was thinking, and I hope they don't shut it down for a few hours....because then I will have to do work!

Awesome!!! I have been waiting for this day for a very very long time.

I will unleash my new free Yuki message board called "The Super Extreme Skins Friends"

It will be vulgar and full of hate. In this world, you will be banned for showing respect and having rational thoughts.

Use of curse words and complete lack of tact will be the goal.

so **** **** ****ity ****...get ready!

Twitter and all forms of social media are blocked at my office due to the nature of the work. For some reason, ES is allowed through.

Get a Blackberry.

Install UberSocial.

Now you're just like me & Shefter. Just without the 411. :ols:

I call BOGUS. Otherwise if this is true you picked a hell of a day to post such a thread, TK. I'm not smiling either.

You're already following me on twitter. Go check my last tweet.

But before ES is gone at the end of the month, allow me to break this. :)

Me & J are working on a podcast. When its ready to go, we're going to twitter bomb it. You won't want to miss it. Plus with it, we'll be able to charge for advertising. Figure if we're going to keep scooping the local media we might as well start getting paid for it. :)

Archived