Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: Aqib Talib "a person of interest" in March 21 shooting

authentic

click for the rest

The Dallas Observer reports that the Garland, Texas police department has labeled Talib as a “person of interest” in a March 21 shooting. Per the report, five shots were fired from two guns after an alternative involving Talib’s sister, his mother, and his sister’s boyfriend.

Talib could be charged with discharging a firearm in a municipality (a misdemeanor) to aggravated assault with a deadly weapon (a felony), or anything in between.

“The investigation is ongoing,” Garland Police Department administration supervisor Captain Patrick McCulley told the Observer. “But I can confirm that Mr. Talib is a person of interest in the case.”

The details aren’t clear, but apparently Aqib Talib and his mother are both suspected of firing shots at Shannon Billings, the boyfriend of Talib’s sister, as Billing ran from them.

IIRC, Talib had a run-in with the law last off-season as well.

Does the lockout have anything to do with the recent hike in players getting in trouble?

I think it does. Not sure they know how to conduct themselves with so much idle time. They should be somewhere working out or going on vacation. SMH

I love how everyone gives them an excuse, saying things like, "this would not have happened if they weren't locked out"..... my ass! These thugs are thugs regardless. You can take the thug out of the hood, give him "riches and ****es", but you most certainly can not take the hood out of the thug

Well this guy obviously did something to disrespect someone in the family so that is a no no...

---------- Post added March-28th-2011 at 11:19 AM ----------

As much as I'd love to say yes, an athlete in his position should know better. So no. Plus there's the whole law thing.

The league can't do anything and he has enough of money to pay off the judges or find the best lawyer...

What if this guy was abusing his sister and smacked his mom...is the shooting then justified???

handle it like a man, not some punk. Shooting is just too easy. And if you're going to use a weapon, make sure you know how to handle it and don't drop it like an idiot. I know that if i'm in this situation and its self defense... theres 2 things you better believe, im not dropping my weapon and you're not getting away

---------- Post added March-28th-2011 at 11:42 AM ----------

and don't think that his sisters boyfriend wont retaliate now with a pack of his boys.... good luck Talib

I love how everyone gives them an excuse, saying things like, "this would not have happened if they weren't locked out"..... my ass! These thugs are thugs regardless. You can take the thug out of the hood, give him "riches and ****es", but you most certainly can not take the hood out of the thug

I hope this is not regarding my comment. I don't see it as an excuse, rather more of an observation. I agree, the guys who are participating in these incidents are already borderline thugs anyways. The point is that, they aren't utilizing thier down-time to do anything constructive.

I hope this is not regarding my comment. I don't see it as an excuse, rather more of an observation. I agree, the guys who are participating in these incidents are already borderline thugs anyways. The point is that, they aren't utilizing thier down-time to do anything constructive.

No, not your comment authentic. I was commenting on Florio's comment and all of the other media types that are trying to give these guys excuses and a reason to bring NFL back to the players

And sometimes they feel like they can act thugish because they have money and leeches aka crews following them around.

I don't know whether there's more crime committed by players this year vs. other years, but we definitely seem to be talking about it more.

Well this guy obviously did something to disrespect someone in the family so that is a no no... So ****ing what. Some one disrespecting someone is not grounds for shooting them.

The league can't do anything and he has enough of money to pay off the judges or find the best lawyer...

Once the CBA is done the league can and will be able to do whatever they feel merits a disciplinarian action. And, if you really think he is going to pay off a judge than you are watching too much television.

What if this guy was abusing his sister and smacked his mom...is the shooting then justified???

My dog is smart enough to know that "an eye for an eye" is ****ing stupid.

And yes I say that to you, knowing how much you hate dogs.

---------- Post added March-28th-2011 at 03:59 PM ----------

Once the CBA is done the league can and will be able to do whatever they feel merits a disciplinarian action. And, if you really think he is going to pay off a judge than you are watching too much television.

If the CBA doesn't get done soon, the Texas penal system will have more talent than the NFL.

[/color]

If the CBA doesn't get done soon, the Texas penal system will have more talent than the NFL.

The Texas people already have a problem with Altercation, what do you think they will say about Penal?

My dog is smart enough to know that "an eye for an eye" is ****ing stupid.

And yes I say that to you, knowing how much you hate dogs.

I don't hate dogs...

You've expressed how you feel about dogs in other threads as well as the Vick ones.

Oh you care about Vick dogs??? The ones that if loose they will hunt you down. I like dogs, I just don't like how people are crying about dogs like they are actual people. Thousands of people died in Japan, but they found some way to include some lame dog story...

Just another guy showing his true colors outside of football. Doing something like this is just something he would have done regardless if it was during the lockout or not. Why do guys like this keep getting drafted and paid big money? It is talent that makes Owners, GM's and Coaches look the other way when these things happen. Guys like Jerry Jones thinks he can help troubled youths by giving them big money contracts and that will fix all the issues. Well that doesn't fix anything instead it makes them even bolder. It isn't just Jerry Jones but many other owners that just don't get it. Giving guys like this the green light make them become bold, brazen, and out of control because they think it gives them special rights and priviledges. Society has let this go on too long and it may not ever change but it needs to. This pattern contiues to evolve whether it is Aquib Talib, Dez Bryant, Terrell Owens, Randy Moss, Adam "Pacman" Jones, Ben Rothlessberger, Michael Vick, and so on. There is a long list of players that don't deserve another chance because they can't stay out of trouble. Adam "Pacman" Jones is the prime example. He can never stay out of trouble because he wanted to live the life a rich thug that thought he could do anything and get away scott free. Even though he didn't go to jail for any of his crimes, he did irreversible damage to his play career. So now teams don't even look at him as being a player they want in their locker room or even team.

I don't hate dogs...

ok, you don't hate dogs :rolleyes:

You've expressed how you feel about dogs in other threads as well as the Vick ones.

yup

Oh you care about Vick dogs??? The ones that if loose they will hunt you down. I like dogs, I just don't like how people are crying about dogs like they are actual people. Thousands of people died in Japan, but they found some way to include some lame dog story...

lol, it must be hard to build strawmen so late at night

Player's behavior is another reason I side with the owners. They need to learn to conduct themselves like role models. Whether they like it or not, that is what they are...they get paid mega millions to play a game and every kid in America would love that opportunity.

Arrest warrant issued for Bucs' Talib

Police in Garland, Texas, issued felony arrest warrants Tuesday for Tampa Bay Buccaneers cornerback Aqib Talib and his mother in connection with a domestic incident in which a gun was fired, the Tampa Tribune reported.

According to the report, the 25-year-old Talib is expected to surrender later this week on a charge of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and his bail will be set at $25,000. His mother, Okolo Talib, reportedly turned herself in Tuesday afternoon.

Well this guy obviously did something to disrespect someone in the family so that is a no no...

Wait, you mean to tell me the only alternative is to brandish firearms and discharge them?

Talib is an adult and he should be expected to show some level of maturity and restraint. Considering he is an professional athlete, and living in the public eye, it's imperative that he avoids these types of situations.

According to the Garland Police Department:

http://www.baynews9.com/article/sports/2011/march/224827/Warrant-issed-for-Bucs-cornerback-Aqib-Talibs-arrest

"Police began their investigation into the second disturbance of the day. The information gathered at the scene along with information gathered by detectives on follow up investigations have led police to believe that Aqib Talib attempted to physically assault and did shoot at Shannon Billings. They also believe Okolo Talib, Aqib’s mother, shot at Shannon Billings. Based on that information warrants have been obtained for Aqib Talib for Aggravated Assault with a Deadly Weapon and for Okolo Talib for Aggravated Assault with a Deadly Weapon. The charges are classified as 2nd degree felonies and carry a range of punishment of 5 -20 years in prison."

Archived