Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com - Redskins’ Snyder feted for building 28 area fields

Champskins

Washington Redskins owner Daniel Snyder accepted a Lifetime Achievement Award last night on behalf of the NFL for his support of their Grassroots program which provides grants to build or resurface football fields in areas of need of financial assistance.

The Local Initiatives Support Corporation (LISC) – the nation’s leading organization dedicated to revitalizing and sustaining American communities – hosted their 30th Anniversary Gala at the Smithsonian Museum of American Art & Portraits in D.C. last night, honoring the NFL’s long-standing commitment to refurbish youth community fields nationwide.

The NFL has been one of the LISC’s most generous supporters having invested $30 million to build and restore 225 athletic fields in 50 metropolitan areas around the country.

Snyder has been particularly active in the Grassroots program, having helped build or renovate more than 28 football fields in the Washington D.C. area through the Redskins Charitable Foundation.

Snyder has voiced the importance of getting children and teens outdoors to exercise as one of the main reasons why he’s been so passionate about this particular initiative.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2011/03/25/redskins-snyder-feted-for-building-28-area-fields/

Some good news for the area.

funny this thread only has 11 responses. Yet when Snyder was attempting to sue the City Paper, that thread had hundreds of responses in less than a day...ummmmm.

We should applaud Dan when he does something right, just as we should let him know when he's done something wrong. You can likely blame this on the old journalist creedo, "if it bleeds, it leads."

Outrage gets a lot more page views than charity work, unfortunately.

Congrats to Dan Snyder for giving back to the community. It's great to read about the Redskins Charitable Foundation helping in the construction/renovation of 28 football fields in the Washington D.C. area. And the Redskins Charitable Foundation has also been helping with PLAY 60 initiatives, the “Fit For You” 5K, and scholarships as well.

. . .I hope both Dan and Tanya Snyder receieve the public credit they truly deserve, for their roles in these charitable deeds.

I don't post here very often, but I'll use one of my rare posts to thank Mr. Snyder for his contributions and charity work. Plus for his passion. While the on field results don't always show it, he wants to win as much as we do. He's still a relatively young owner and learning every day. I think we're on the right course now.

A little bit of good publicity for a change. Now comes in Oldfan to find a way to bash Snyder for not doing more.
B F D. Cut a few checks, accept an award.

Wake me when his football team is winning.

I agree. The only award I want to see Snyder get is a Super Bowl Trophy. Get that Dan and the fans will love you.

RFK and cls took the reins from Oldfan apparently.

You know there are probably tons of owners who give money but they dont need to make a big deal about an award but here they have to because his image as an owner is a joke. Win superbowl trophies, thats your job

The same thing has probably been said by other owners 2k, it has nothing to do with his image as an owner, more so than the fact that he was given an award for doing good. I'm sure Kraft has gotten one as well, along with other owners

You know there are probably tons of owners who give money but they dont need to make a big deal about an award but here they have to because his image as an owner is a joke. Win superbowl trophies, thats your job

The source is NFL.com When the media criticizes us it's "media bias" and now that they say something positive it must be some conspiracy to repair his image. The media as a whole clearly doesn't care about Snyder's image. The only argument you could pose would be the league trying to make the owners look good during the lockout but I don't see that being taken seriously.

That's a little unfair. Much of the money these guys give to charity receives little to no publicity and in this particular case Snyder was accepting the award on behalf of the NFL.

"Let no good deed go unpunished."

Archived