Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So how much are you really interested in this 2011 offseason?

88Comrade2000

Well, other than the draft we have nothing for this offseason until the courts rule for the players.

So how much are you really interested in this 2011 offseason?

---------- Post added March-23rd-2011 at 12:34 PM ----------

I have to admit I really don't have much interest until either the courts say the NFL must reopen the doors while the various lawsuits go through the courts. Even then, one judge may rule in favor of the players and then the owner appeals may get them a favorable judgement. We could have a go and stop and go situation.

This draft doesn't interest me until I know what the labor situation is. I'm sure we will fill some of our holes but unless there's a judgement clearing play for 2011; they won't have an impact for 2011 if there's no CBA. I need that certainty that we will have an uninterrupted offseason/season. Then I will become interested again. Right now, I look at 2011 as nothing but a lost year right now.

I am about as interested as usual. Just like any offseason I'm counting down the days till preseason. As of now I am not worried about games being missed to start the season.

Everything we hear from mini camps is just fluff anyway. The only thing to be missed during the offseason is free agency. But I am fairly confident that it will be here before long.

There really is no reason to be interested right now because nothing is going on or allowed to go on.

The draft will be interestng if for no other reason than to see if and where we select a QB. Also, the release of the schedule should occur around that time, and even though right now we know who our opponents will be, its always cool to see when these games will play out, and wonder yet again how our crappy team winds up with three home games in prime time (lets hope not!).

I'm optimistic that at some point over the spring/summer an agreement will be reached and a full 16-game season will be played. But it seemed like Shanallen was counting on free agency to help bolster this roster, and you have to wonder how much it'll be limited due to the labor stoppage.

Not interested in the least however what's funny is that this offseason is very much like it used to be.

Back before Plan B free agency in 1989, the offseason was a barren landscape between the Super Bowl and the draft. And then again between the rookie mini-camp held immediately after the draft and training camp.

So for all the youngsters out there what you are experiencing this offseason is exactly how it used to be when I was growing up and a teenager.

(back to my rocking chair):)

I'm in NBA mode right now, so it's not that big of a deal as long as a deal is done before the Finals. I am looking forward to the draft, but it would be nice to have FA to supplement some of these holes.

You better hope the NFL reaches a deal, unless you like hockey. The NBA's labor situation is worse than the NFL's and they could miss an entire season there..

Count me as interested. This offseason is the most important in many years and the outcome of the court action and the ripples from it whichever way the decision comes down could have dramatic effects on the way the NFL operates and the competitive balance between franchises.

The process is dull to be sure but the outcome is critical.

I'm finding it tough to get interested.

It seems like we just can't move on from last year. Can't really add players, can't trade players ( ie McNabb ), therefore can't easily add draft picks for 2011.

Its just a load of dead time which isn't helping our chances of progression anytime soon.

I am very interested, but with the lockout, nothing is happening. I am pretty bored so far in just reading all the mock drafts. There is no free agency yet, so nothing to read about.

When everything is decided, I will be very interested in what happens with free agency.

Straight DGAF mode

This whole thing has rubbed me the wrong way

I'll watch the draft but I'll always know that they might not even play for us until next season so what's the point

My care list

1.Caps playoff run

2. If the Yankees rotation will hold up

3. Adjusting to college life

It's crazy cuz football is my favorite sport by lightyears

I probably won't even buy madden

Not all that interested...it is just so depressing being a Redskin fan right now. All these damn holes we have to fill makes me feel depressed...plus I don't have much confidence in Shanahan to do his GM job makes it even worse. I'm always looking forward to the draft, but if I was really interested then I would one of the prime contributors in the 2011 draft database thread. I still don't know who I want this team to draft yet...depressing

Id be very interested if there was an off-season. I think this sucks. It is hurting our team disproportionately too. I hear things like "I am sure we will only miss a few weeks of the regular season at worst" and I cringe. That basically means the 6-10 team will be back on the field for us this year while the packers and eagles etc get healthy to make another run.

Teams like ours are the ones who need this off-season particularly with the large free agent class and last year's ability to balance our books etc. This just sucks all the way around. Add to it that we have only 2 picks that are even remotely capable of ending up with a decent player based on our recent history and its even worse.

In one respect this offseason is much more exciting than previous ones. I want this team to build through the draft and in some respects for the first time they will have to. They won't spend their wad on free agency or trade players for picks. Their stuck with the draft and really have only that to focus for. Given how badly this team needs an infusion of young talent this free agency detox may just be what the 'skins need.

I think the thing that pisses me off isn't that our "rebuild" will be put off for another season...I can handle that, I'm young.

Its that we could potentially be wasting an entire season of our young high-potential players' careers. Not even just the young ones like Trent, Laron, and Orakpo, but also the guys like Hall, OJ, and Armstrong, who all play young but aren't really. Even guys like Fletcher, who still play at a high level but are seriously defying Father Time while doing so.

Its just putting off our ability to contend a single year, sure. But its also stealing a year of contention from the few good players we have. Which is depressing. Because we don't have many, and they haven't experienced any success here yet.

Last year I was all hyped up. I drank the kool-aid deeply because the Redskins had a shiny new coach. They didn't have much in the way of draft picks so I didn't hold that against them and I even found a way to believe in Shanahan when he swapped the second rounder for McNabb. Should have freaking known our arch rival was not doing us any favors. Then the Skins brain trust selected what I thought at the time was the second best tackle on the board yet I still trusted in them. Then they tried to run the 34 with 43 personnel. That's when things started to get a little bit dicey. Then they basically threw our second round pick in the trash so Shanahan jr could jack around with what was obviously not our qb of the future. So lets count um up. Crappy qb, shaky wr's, a three yard and a cloud of dust rb, crappy oline, crappy dline, aging mike linebacker, one good olb, etc., etc., etc..

they currently have 2 of the top 100 picks, that's really going to turn it around.....yeah right.

on top of that i really don't like the new draft format. it was better the way it was before. the icing on the cake is all the bull shift going on with the cba, freaking wonderful i tell ya.

so to answer the question; no, i am not the least bit interested in the draft at the moment. i'm actually very happy spending time upgrading my gaming rig in anticipation of Duke Nukem Forever and Rage.

I feel better now.

Archived