Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RIP Liz Taylor

DRSmith

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/ondeadline/post/2011/03/abc-actress-elizabeth-taylor-dies-at-age-79/1

ABC News, CNN and MSNBC are reporting that that actress Elizabeth Taylor has died at the age of 79.

Taylor entered Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles two months ago for treatment of symptoms of congestive heart failure.

Only link I could find.

I just watched that "What's My Line" clip. It is amazing how beautiful Liz's face was, no matter what the expression. She is pretty enough when she did those serious faced glamor poses, but when she smiled or laughed or looked thoughtful, she became freakishly beautiful. Wow.

I just watched that "What's My Line" clip. It is amazing how beautiful Liz's face was, no matter what the expression. She is pretty enough when she did those serious faced glamor poses, but when she smiled or laughed or looked thoughtful, she became freakishly beautiful. Wow.

I watch old What's My Line clips on youtube all the time. The amount of talent they had on that show was absurd. Pretty much every starlet you can think of from that time period was on it. I kept clicking on the related videos on the right one after another. Mamie Van Doren...my god.

Notice too how everybody on the show is all dressed up - coats and ties for the men, evening gowns for the women - like being on TV was a special event. Kinda like how airline flying used to be - everybody dressed up before getting on an airplane.

Not saying it's better or worse - just different than today.

Notice too how everybody on the show is all dressed up - coats and ties for the men, evening gowns for the women - like being on TV was a special event. Kinda like how airline flying used to be - everybody dressed up before getting on an airplane.

yep, all the men are wearing bow ties. It's too bad they don't recreate this show today. Main problem would probably be that all the current movie stars and athletes (which they also had plenty of on that show) are too busy doing their own thing.

The beauty of What's My Line is that so many celebrities took the time to appear on it when asked. Hell, it was a show they wanted to be on. Even the host was a mini-celebrity.

People nowadays dont know how to dress...I wish we still did that

I read what you said and then watched the video. Wow, just wow. Beautiful.

If you liked hers, take the time to view some others when you have the chance. They are addicting. (I suggest Mamie Van Doren :drool:) I once found myself viewing one video, thinking I'd only be on youtube for about 4 minutes. But it turned into about two hours because I kept clicking one related video, then another on that page, then another...

yep, all the men are wearing bow ties. It's too bad they don't recreate this show today. Main problem would probably be that all the current movie stars and athletes (which they also had plenty of on that show) are too busy doing their own thing.

The beauty of What's My Line is that so many celebrities took the time to appear on it when asked. Hell, it was a show they wanted to be on. Even the host was a mini-celebrity.

Over saturation is the problem.

Remember when it was a big event when Dean Martin or Sinatra popped in on the Tonight Show? There's a youtube clip where Bob Hope and Bing Crosby popped in unannounced and the crowd went wild. Then the curtained ruffled and a tipsy John Wayne staggered on stage and it was a standing ovation by the whole crowd.

Celebrities ain't what they used to be. But Liz Taylor was one for sure! RIP

And to think that the black and white clip hides her most amazing feature - her deep blue, almost violet eyes. I actually saw them once when I was a kid interning for a DC lobbyist. She was at the Capitol for some hearing and I saw her relatively close by in a Capitol hallway as she and a small army of people walked by. Unless she was wearing contact lenses, those were the most amazing colored eyes I've ever seen.

Archived