Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CNHI: Sportswriter says pay cut led to prostitution business

China

Sportswriter says pay cut led to prostitution business

Kevin Provencher (center), a newspaper sportswriter, was sentenced to 2 1/2 years in prison for running a prostitution operation. He is flanked by prosecutor Melissa Woodward and a court officer.(Photo by Angie Beaulieu/Eagle-Tribune, North Andover, Mass.)

An award-winning sportswriter has pleaded guilty to running a prostitution operation, saying he needed the extra money to make up for a pay cut because of the downturn in the newspaper business.

Kevin Provencher, 52, Manchester, N. H., admitted in Salem, Mass., Superior Court Friday he recruited and received financial support from prostitutes working out of hotel rooms in Massachusetts and New Hampshire.

He was sentenced to 2 1/2 years in prison and fined $5,000 on the prostitution charges and also for intimidating one of his hookers from testifying against him.

Provencher worked 23 years for the Manchester, N. H., Union Leader prior to his arrest in July of 2009. He is a four-time winner of the New Hampshire Sportswriter of the Year award from the National Sportscasters and Sportswriters Association.

Click on the link for the full article

JLC would certainly make more than Jenkins as a working girl.

Holy smokes! Not even in my most drunken LSD trips could I ever mistake that little frog for anything worth gettin' naked with.

At least Sally's got all the right parts.

~Bang

see this is where you and I differ. I would throw all three of those ladies some solidified baking soda and tell them it was a crack rock for a trip around the alley. WINING!

Why waste baking soda when you can just scrape dry wall in a bag?

I have to be careful with Lyndsey Czarniak. Every time she's on, I say "Damn she's cute", and my wife gives me the eye.

I know I shouldn't say it,, but DAMN she is cute. Love her smile.

The fact she knows sports is delicious icing on the cake.

~Bang

No kidding. Why should it be illegal to sell something that's perfectly legal to give away.
George Carlin: I don't understand why prostitution is illegal. Selling is legal. :hump:ing is legal. Why isn't selling :hump:ing legal? You know, why should it be illegal to sell something that's perfectly legal to give away? I can't follow the logic on that one at all! Of all the things you can do, giving someone an orgasm is hardly the worst thing in the world. In the army they give you a medal for spraying napalm on people! In civilian life you go to jail for giving someone an orgasm! Maybe I'm not supposed to understand it...

Archived