Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

JMU vs VA Tech (College Decision)

JasonCampbell177

Hey I don't see Northeastern there either. Did you hear PSU has d1 hockey now so they are considering making hockey a Big10 sport?

I know, we decided to **** around the first half of the season and force our path to the NCAA's through BC....needless to say that didn't work out.

Yup, I thought the Big 10 was definitely making a hockey conference? 2013?

STOP.

STOP STOP STOP.

A UNIVERSITY EXISTS with a FULL ALCOHOL BAR?

Good heavens sign me up

Rice has not one, but two bars on campus. And they are right near academic buildings, too. Only beer though ... no liquor or mixed drinks.

Stanford also has a place in the student union building that serves beer.

There's nothing else to really say here, other than you apparently don't know anything about this topic.
Sounds more like you're describing a politician.
Maybe you should have paid attention to that lazy fatty at the front of the room because your grammar/spelling is really lacking.

<3 you guys

So what's on JMU food-wise and what's on VT-foodwise?

VT - Chick Fila, Pizza Hut express, Barbecue, Owens, Sports Grill, Pizza, Wrap

Never seen JMU food before

JMU- http://www.campusdish.com/NR/rdonlyres/F8E0D8C4-E579-4C5A-A46E-FE1CFF09D01B/0/dininghours_2010.pdf

and a buffalo wild wings right across the quad. Don't think your "sports grill" can beat Bdubs.

There are a lot of extreme and biased perspectives - I suggest you only listen to people that went to either school. I went to JMU and majored in Econ and International Affairs, which sounds like the type of degree(s) you want to pursue. JMU does have a more reputable Econ program; I studied with two guys that were actually going to both schools for Econ degrees and preferred JMU and I've come across many more people from JMU that work in consulting or other professions that Econ majors enjoy.

As far as social scene, I liked JMU b/c 95% of the parties are within walking distance and there's always a million options. Regardless of what people say, JMU is not big on frats. At schools that are 80% greek for men, you kind of have to be in a frat to go to a lot of parties. While i had friends in frats at JMU, most of us joked about the frat guys and never thought the frat parties were as good as Tech or other big schools.

As many people said, go with your gut. Both are great schools and you will not regret going to either. JMU has a smaller school feel and a better ratio. The biggest thing you'll miss out on is big time football. I really wish I had that experience but JMU was the overall best fit for me.

Archived