Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Could/Should the NFL consider adding additional rounds to this years draft?

bowhunter

Let's face it, we have no idea when the players and owners will come to terms for the upcoming season. We do know that in a few weeks the draft will add 7 rounds of new players to the state of limbo that is the current season. Usually, as soon as the last pick is announced, a frenzy of phone calls begins the procurement of Undrafted Free Agents. Unless a miracle happens, that frenzy will not occur. Many NFL hopefuls will be caught in the same sad state that we fans are.

Would it be reasonable for the NFL to attempt to include these UDFA in this years draft by extending the draft past 7 rounds? It seems that such a move would also send a strong message to the players that the owners are ready to move forward with the upcoming season. Your thoughts?

I honestly think it's likely that the April 6 injunction will prevent the players from being locked out. There won't be a new CBA, but the owners won't be able to lock the players out and will be forced to set their own rules (from what I hear at work, they will most likely revert to the old CBA rules).

I don't think the undrafted rookies will be affected unless the injunction does not go through for some reason.

I honestly think it's likely that the April 6 injunction will prevent the players from being locked out. There won't be a new CBA, but the owners won't be able to lock the players out and will be forced to set their own rules (from what I hear at work, they will most likely revert to the old CBA rules).

I don't think the undrafted rookies will be affected unless the injunction does not go through for some reason.

From what I've heard it will be just like last year. No salary cap and teams that made the playoffs last year can not compete for free agents

From what I've heard it will be just like last year. No salary cap and teams that made the playoffs last year can not compete for free agents

Yeah, the owners set their own rules (which, for simplicity's sake, will be the same as last year).

The only issue will be how long it takes to rule on the case and what the appeal process will be like.

Archived