Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins.com: Bruce Allens Letter to Redskins Fans On Labor Negotiations

SMOSS89

The players financial situations are not out there for everyone to see. Their salary contracts and that stuff is out there, but to my knowledge their other sources of revenue aren't out there. Endoresements, autograph sessions, loans to Cousin Jimmy, etc are not shared by the players. And their mortgages, light bills, auto interest payments, etc aren't out there either.

When was the last time you knew how much everyone else in your office was making? Obviously this isn't the every day work place so using that "I couldn't ask my boss how much money he was making" logic is very flawed. The players financial situations are out there for everyone to see; I don't see why it's so outrageous for the owners. Every cent a player receives is broadcast for anyone and everyone to analyze. The owners have brought about a situation where revealing there financial situation would seem very appropriate.

I was hoping that it would have stated..."you can get a full refund for your Season Tickets"...still hoping that letter comes to me....cause after this fiasco I'm done with the NFL as a whole (in fact if there is a season, every game will be sold and won't renew my ST again)......it's nothing more then the fan who is getting screwed for this situation imho........I'll stick with College and even HS football up here in PA.....

If the owners really needed the money just show why

Hmm if the players really need the money they can just show why as well :)

That kind of statement is just stupid since it doesn't help much...

It takes two to have a deal, and from what I've read, the last offer seemed fair enough, perhaps not perfect, but fair enough to have a deal for some times and go on more negotiations later and have a season and stuff for the upcoming year.

Still, one part decided to move out and put everyone in this situation.

To me, that sounds like those leading NFLPA never cared about anything than their asses and want to try their case in court.

Good luck for them as you never know how it will turn out. Maybe they win, and they'll be heroes, but if they lose, sure they'll be booed all over the place for quite some times.

Archived