Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will the Skins entertain Barber?

dcdewey

I think people are overreacting to the possibility of a Tiki signing. First of all this is Mike Shanahan we are talking about. The guy drafted Maurice Clarett (over RBs like Brandon Jacobs, Marion Barber, Darren Sproles), signed Travis Henry, brought Jamarcus Russell in for a workout, and like someone else said in this thread signed LJ and Parker. Bringing Tiki in for training camp would not not surprise me at all. Plus the guy did play for the Giants...you know the team that owns us. He can tell us a thing or 2 about what Coughlin like to do against the Redskins. And last, but not least...Tiki at 35 would be the 2nd best RB on our team right now...FACT

I think people are overreacting to the possibility of a Tiki signing. First of all this is Mike Shanahan we are talking about. The guy drafted Maurice Clarett (over RBs like Brandon Jacobs, Marion Barber, Darren Sproles), signed Travis Henry, brought Jamarcus Russell in for a workout, and like someone else said in this thread signed LJ and Parker. Bringing Tiki in for training camp would not not surprise me at all. Plus the guy did play for the Giants...you know the team that owns us. He can tell us a thing or 2 about what Coughlin like to do against the Redskins. And last, but not least...Tiki at 35 would be the 2nd best RB on our team right now...FACT

First off, its not going to happen. Second, the reason why older guys were signed last year had to do with no CBA. The Skins couldn't sign younger players. MOST WERE RFA, which meant giving up draft picks. Bruce Allen said that FA would be slim pickings. He said that many times before the start of FA.

First off, its not going to happen. Second, the reason why older guys were signed last year had to do with no CBA. The Skins couldn't sign younger players. MOST WERE RFA, which meant giving up draft picks. Bruce Allen said that FA would be slim pickings. He said that many times before the start of FA.

We could have signed young RBs...they come a dime a dozen and at one point we had a undrafted rookie starting last year. Free agency was slim picking, but how many guys did we bring in for a interview again???

unreal. yeah lets sign tiki barber, whos like 35 coming off of being out of the league for what, 5 years? and were trying to get younger? and hes no more than a 3rd down back even if he comes back?

seriously. not even lolworthy.

You'd like to think that they are trying to get younger. The thing is, I saw little evidence of that last year and so far all we've done this year is sign a 30 year old Free Safety.

After the old timers they brought in last year, I wouldn't be surprised if they give Barber a look. We want to build for the future, us fans, but the team is always going to win the Super Bowl this year. They aren't trying to build for the future. All you have to do is look at last year.

We could have signed young RBs...they come a dime a dozen and at one point we had a undrafted rookie starting last year. Free agency was slim picking, but how many guys did we bring in for a interview again???

And we ended up with three 24 year old backs which has set us up for this season. Nice to see we learnt fast.

Hail.

...We did sign young RB's also. Ryan Torain, Keiland Williams, James Davis, Shawnbrey McNeil, Andre Brown. Javarris James (on the Colts) was signed by us before they immediately stole him off our practice squad.

That's at least 6 young RB's new to the roster brought in by this FO, and I know I'm forgetting a couple smaller PS signings as well.

But of course the fact that they also signed LJ and Parker to very small, incentive-laden deals, and then cut them in favor of these young guys when it didn't work out, cancels all that out :doh:

Even if the redskins were interested, WHY WOULD BARBER AGREE TO SIGN?? At his age, he should want to play for an immediate championship contender.

Afterall he played for one when he quit. WorfLOL.gif

---------- Post added March-14th-2011 at 10:06 PM ----------

Yeah I said it Well-played.jpg

Oh God...here come the anti-Shanny/Danny/Redskins Redskin fans. Time for the sky is falling, woe is us conspiracy theories.

You'd like to think that they are trying to get younger. The thing is, I saw little evidence of that last year and so far all we've done this year is sign a 30 year old Free Safety.

Yes. I can't believe we passed up all those other four free agents and signed the only quality free agent, at a position of need, to a modest contract. The horror.

I'm actually curious about this. How many guys did we bring in for interviews last year?

Archived