Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

March Madness 2011 Baby!

ACW

8/9 and 7/10 games are never upsets also, Gonzaga isn't playing BYU in the first round.

Oh right, I had Gonzaga upsetting BYU in the second, not sure why I included it in that list. And yea the ODU & Tennessee wins aren't really upsets.

There's going to be a 4-13 upset this year, but it's not gonna be Oakland. Oakland is such a trendy pick (along with UCONN in the Final 4). I just don't see it happening though. Texas is a VERY good team, and deserved higher than a 4 seed.

You wan't the upset...take Belmont.

Have them going to the 16 too. By beating Utah State. Then losing to ODU.

My upsets:

ODU (though not really an "upset")-all the way to 8

Richmond

Belmont (16)

Gonzaga

Utah State

Oakland (16)

Tennessee (another 9 over an 8)

VCU to the round of 16 if they beat USC

FINAL 4:

OSU over Duke (though I'd not cry if we beat them :D )

Kansas over Florida

KU over OSU

---------- Post added March-15th-2011 at 08:36 PM ----------

Really, you have ODU over Pitt? ACW, I suggest being a bit more rational in your picks and not being a CAA homer.
Hence why I only pick GMU over 'Nova :ols:

Really, you have ODU over Pitt? ACW, I suggest being a bit more rational in your picks and not being a CAA homer.

But I have Utah State beating Belmont.

The morning radio show I listen to here in Dallas...they were making their picks while I was on my way to work and one person had ODU all the way to the Final 4. So it's not just ACW. :ols:

Damn, my Elite 8 is nearly all chalk :(

---------- Post added March-15th-2011 at 08:48 PM ----------

Screw it, CAA all the way.

OSU and KU are the safest top seeds IMO.

I pick Duke over SDSU, but not too confident.

But I have Utah State beating Belmont.

ODU matches up really well with Pitt and is very capable of defeating them. For ACW having ODU beating Pitt is much more rational than you are making it sound. I would say ODU has the best chance of defeating a #1 seed out of all 8 of the 8/9 seeds in this year's tournament. I would say Tennessee would be 2nd on my list to upset Duke because of their athleticism, I can't see UNLV or Illinois defeating Kansas, and I can't see Mason or Villanova beating Ohio State either, neither team has an answer for Sullinger inside.

However, ODU first has a very tough task of taking of taking on a hot Butler team, where both ODU and Butler are riding 9 game winning streaks coming into the big dance.

G. Mason over Ohio State for the early shocker:D

I would love to see it happen for the CAA, but I just can't realistically see it happening. I believe Mason peaked a month to 6 weeks ago, they struggled towards the end of the regular season and then didn't look very good in the CAA Tourney.

If Mason is going to beat Villanova and OSU, they can't afford to get off to a slow start like this team has done all season, because I believe both teams will get out to a large lead and never relinquish it.

I would love to see it happen for the CAA, but I just can't realistically see it happening. I believe Mason peaked a month to 6 weeks ago, they struggled towards the end of the regular season and then didn't look very good in the CAA Tourney.
Look at 2006 :D

Damn, if Irving is going to play, I may have to change my picks around. As much as I hate to say it, Duke is a much better team with him.

They are the best team in the nation when he is 100% and in game shape; however, we don't know how healthy is toe is and what kind of game shape he is in.

Archived