Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dragon Age 2

Zazzaro703

So didn't see a thread on this game yet. Anyone else just completely let down by this game? I played the demo and really don't like the new fighting system at all. I mean it's an alright fighting system but not on a Dragon Age sequel my God. It's like they dumbed the game down for the bonehead mass audiences (Costanza). So sad. At least i have been enjoying Rift and this just makes me feel better about not playing Dragon Age 2 or trying to find time to do both. Also, all you have to do is roll a Mage. Prepare to just blow everything away and not have any risk of dying. Wow... what a let down i can't believe Bioware put this out. I guess I wait for Skyrim. I have already erased DA2 off my machine. So glad i downloaded a copy of it so i could test out a longer demo and didnt waste any money on this game. The story and characters are lame and boring too. Buyer beware for sure.

Well what's even worse is the Dragon Age Orgins PC version is vastly superior to the console versions and that's honestly the way it should be. Those types of games just like real time strategy are made to be on a PC platform. Dragon Age 2 almost seems like it was developed on consoles and ported to the PC. It's just an all around shame. I'm sure some people will like it, but myself being a huge baldur's gate fan, Dragon Age Origins was just like that but updated to match current technology. They shouldn't have called it Dragon Age 2 because it is nothing like the first game at all.

Well that's really my main gripe. It should have been named something different. Like how Final Fantasy does X-2 and stuff like that. It shouldnt have been named Dragon Age 2 making it a direct sequel to Orgins because it's nothing like Origins. It's a watered down, easy-mode Dragon Age and I'm sorry to me that just sucks.

Just picked up a copy. I didn't realize they changed the battle system. As an action game its not bad.

As an Action-RPG its flat out retarded. Why do I care about tactics or spells when I can just press the attack button faster? I played for like 10 seconds and my character was doing Incredible Hulk leaps across the entire screen decimating everything. No strategy involved whatsoever.

I heard they basically took it in the Dynasty Warriors direction, combat-wise. Ridiculous anime-like fighting animations and stuff.

Have no desire to go near it, which sucks, because I was looking forward to it.

I heard they basically took it in the Dynasty Warriors direction, combat-wise. Ridiculous anime-like fighting animations and stuff.

Have no desire to go near it, which sucks, because I was looking forward to it.

Yea, really wish I researched a little before I bought it.

The combat system just doesn't work at all. Nothing is ever going to be more powerful then you pushing the button faster and the ability to instantly attack any enemy on your screen.

Archived