Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

iPad 2

Btubes18

Anyone planning on purchasing this weekend? I am planning on getting one from Bestbuy, since I have a bunch of giftcards. Anyone know if Bestbuy will be selling it on Friday?

Is there a real benefit to get the one with the 3G in it? Can I have the option of having both verizon and AT&T capabilities in it?

Anyone planning on purchasing this weekend? I am planning on getting one from Bestbuy, since I have a bunch of giftcards. Anyone know if Bestbuy will be selling it on Friday?

Is there a real benefit to get the one with the 3G in it? Can I have the option of having both verizon and AT&T capabilities in it?

The benefit to having one with 3G in it is that you can have internet when Wi-Fi is not available. It is not an option you can add later. If you think it may be useful at some point and have the cash to get that model, I would get that one.

It will be interesting seeing reviews once the new model is out. I'm not sure how people are making judgements on a device they haven't really gotten their hands on yet. And as far as the cameras being crappy, the rear camera is not all that great apparently, but the front one is supposed to be a little better. Honestly though, why the hell would you need a super high quality camera in a freaking tablet computer? People upset about that need to re-think the purpose of an iPad. The iPad is not meant to replace a digital camera. I honestly think the camera was put in it because so many people were complaining about the lack of a camera.

The benefit to having one with 3G in it is that you can have internet when Wi-Fi is not available. It is not an option you can add later. If you think it may be useful at some point and have the cash to get that model, I would get that one.

It will be interesting seeing reviews once the new model is out. I'm not sure how people are making judgements on a device they haven't really gotten their hands on yet. And as far as the cameras being crappy, the rear camera is not all that great apparently, but the front one is supposed to be a little better. Honestly though, why the hell would you need a super high quality camera in a freaking tablet computer? People upset about that need to re-think the purpose of an iPad. The iPad is not meant to replace a digital camera. I honestly think the camera was put in it because so many people were complaining about the lack of a camera.

The downside of buying one with 3G is you really don't need it MOST of the time.

I have an old ipad without 3G. I don't need 3G service for most of the time I use my ipad.

$20 a month to use an ipad which I have wireless access most of the time from my wireless router is a waste imo. Angry bird or most other apps work fine without 3G ;)

Got a iPad to test for work on Feb 28th. Brought it with me on a trip - Don't like it at all. Safari is slow as hell, limited on what it can do, email interface sucks.

Returned it and am getting a Xoom. i will admit I am more of a droid guy anyway.

I've seen some on Craigslist for around $250, depending on which version it is.

Around here people are advertising that they'll buy at $250 owners are still asking a minimum of $350, so I'll wait a bit longer.

My wife just needs to surf a little, check facebook and e-mails while I have the laptop out during the day for work. The original iPad should be just fine for us.

I'm willing to bet that this year will be the "S" year for the iPhone. You Apple-philes know exactly what I mean. iPhone 3G, year later iPhone 3GS. Nothing changed, just the processor. Now the iPhone 4, year later almost guaranteeing iPhone 4G. Nothing really changes just 4G capability.

I think the big upgrade for me and which really sold me is the ability to connect HDMI directly to the IPAD and TV. I also heard the processor chip was a lot faster for running applications and what not...

I have an iphone now, but will be moving to sprint soon, since AT&T is a awful service provider. If I get the 3g with the ipad 2, it will definitely be with Verizon. AT&T is just god awful.

Also, interestingly enough I have heard nothing but good reviews from people who actually own a ipad and the bad reviews only really come from the people who do not own one.

I know with the iphone, i love the user capability - so i am looking forward to using the IPAD. Also, it really helps when you have a ton of Best Buy gift certificates to use by July.

I swear by my ipad and wont be getting the ipad2 anytime soon, as others have said, the upgrades just dont do it for me. Not into facetime, and dont want to take pictures with my ipad. Dont like the case (not enough viewing angle options) and the speed of the tablet is plenty fast right now. May be nice on the 2, but enough to take a bath on the original and pay for a new one? No thanks.

My ipad is used in an exponential number of ways for work and home use....cant imagine someone not thinking this isnt a useful tool. PS - I would definitely get 3G....you'll need it within a week of using it and if you dont get it you'll kick yourself sitting there trying to find open connections saying "if only I got the 3g..."

Archived