Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Immigration question for Extremskins. What is the best course of action in dealing with illegals already here?

Destino

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

The thread title says it all but I want to see how the numbers play out on this particular forum. What do we do with the illegals that are already here? What we are talking about is an estimated 11 million illegals that include women, children, those seeking asylum, mentally ill, and the disabled. At some point the nation is going to have to take some sort of action and it's important that all US citizens educate themselves on the situation as much as possible because what we do with 11 million people isn't a small chapter in any nations existence.

Feel free to share your concerns regarding the illegal immigration situation and your reasons for your particular stance on the issue. Keep the tone civil and adult recognizing that this issue is personal to many people.

Other.. open up legal immigration and enact policies(and enforce:silly:) to target illegals in the workplaces,schools and social services.

and horsewhip anyone that provides sanctuary :)

You enable it and they will continue it....history repeats

No need to round them up. They'll leave by themselves if you deny them work and a seat at the public trough.

I voted other. HEAVY fines for anyone hiring illegals including serious jail time and loss of business license for repeat or chronic offenders.

"Illegals" come here because they can get relatively good jobs but are cheap because about 30% of their pay comes is footed indirectly by their competitors while they also cannot readily compete up their wages due to other restrictions. Further, even what we think of as bad school and health care systems are head and shoulders better than what they would get if they stayed home.

In order to assist in assimilation of those pesky pests, we should adopt the laws spawned of their own culture and political system, particularly the laws dealing with those who illegally enter their country of origin's border.

As for this thread, :beatdeadhorse:.

The reality is this: corporate greed will continue to depress wages and overall job conditions in certain sectors by supplying crappy jobs to illegals. They will continue to come here, and our system (politicians, enforcement agencies, etc.) will continue to look the other way. Has anyone wondered why all those huge meat packing plants/warehouses/factories that typically employ illegals are never raided? Because it would grind production to a halt, and we can't have that, can we? Instead, doors are kicked in and screaming children are ripped from the arms of parents (who are criminals, BTW criminal =/= bad person) who are just desperately trying to escape the third world.

force them to buy houses.

They buy houses here...voluntarily

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/4093518.html

Despite being in the U.S. illegally, undocumented immigrants can legally buy a house.

Certain lenders don't ask for immigration papers. And buyers using a special tax ID often don't need a lengthy credit history.

That has allowed many undocumented workers to realize the American Dream, experts said, while contributing to an upturn in the real estate market.

For Jorge and Maribel, a couple from Mexico who have lived illegally in Houston since 1996, an Individual Tax Identification Number, known as an ITIN, and a Texas driver's license were enough to secure their mortgage, allowing them to purchase a home in 2002.

"I was really surprised when I found out that it could be done," said Jorge, who bought his home through Gloria Castrejón's realty firm, La Palma.

Like Maribel, Jorge asked to be identified by only his first name.

The fact is, it can be easier for many undocumented immigrants to buy houses than to get jobs.

internment camps - we round up all the illegals and put them in a camp in New Mexico.

If it was good enough for the Japanese, it is good enough for them too

Even for me, that's kind of harsh. :ols:

The biggest rub for me with illegal immigration is the whole unsecured border thing. Who knows what *******s are coming into this country?

Simple... impose a 10,000$ per incident fine on employers, and give half of it to the illegal. The illegal problem would dry up over night.

The guilty party here has always been the employer. We have always known the solution, just never had the will to enforce it.

I agree with those saying attack the companies that hire them. And I mean enough to potentially start putting them out of business. As for those here, if they can prove they've paid taxes and all, I say give them a path. If they can't, I say mandatory military service or deportation, their choice.

As for the border, well, let's just say that I'm not as harsh as a close friend of mine, who advocates something along the lines of motion sensor activated machine guns., should such a thing exist. But I have to admit, even I get tired of hearing some stories about how the same person gets caught trying to sneak in, as many as ten times per week. That is not an exaggeration, some of the "guides" are terrible. At some point, I do almost advocate the veiled threat...the "look, we've caught you x number of times"...if we catch you again, we're putting two in your skull behind the shed and dumping you in the river, especially if you're armed and took a shot at our officers.

But the ones already here and contributing to society, I say let them stay.

---------- Post added March-8th-2011 at 09:10 PM ----------

Oh, can I also add...I'm pretty sure this would never work, but I think some form of family deportation in gang instances would be interesting. In other words, welcome to the USA, keep your kids out of MS-13 and the like. If you can't keep them in line, and we catch them, you're all out.

Mass amnesty. If it was good enough for the greatest president ever--one Ronald Reagan--then it should still be good enough for us today

But seriously, I'm a little torn on this. I used to be for absolute blanket amnesty (minus criminals of course) but as I personally go through the struggles of the immigration process with the wife legally, I've gotten a little bitter at the idea of people taking a shortcut.

That said, mass deportation is an absurd idea for a multitude of reasons (morally, financially, logistically, etc.) So I say let people work their way into staying, work their way into citizenship; through school, military service and just plain old hardwork. Weed out the undesirables through the process. Citizenship should be the end goal but it should be way down the road (10+ years?), after a person has thouroughly proven themselves and earned their keep.

As for the border, well, let's just say that I'm not as harsh as a close friend of mine, who advocates something along the lines of motion sensor activated machine guns., should such a thing exist. But I have to admit, even I get tired of hearing some stories about how the same person gets caught trying to sneak in, as many as ten times per week. That is not an exaggeration, some of the "guides" are terrible. At some point, I do almost advocate the veiled threat...the "look, we've caught you x number of times"...if we catch you again, we're putting two in your skull behind the shed and dumping you in the river, especially if you're armed and took a shot at our officers..

the machine guns dont exist....ive always been a strong proponent of landmines and sling shots.

If I had a magic wand? Open up legal immigration, illegals go back where they came from and are barred from entering legally.

(I'll point out that there is no such thing as an illegal with a clean record.)

However, there's no way in Dallas that ever happens. A path to legal status is the best workable solution.

I don't think you can implement any good plan if the border isn't secure. If you want to say the border's "secure" for the most part, then I think a zero tolerance policy can be implemented for future illegals.

The path to legalization for current illegals with a clean record and self-sufficient history sounds good to me (again, given that the border is secure), but the second part of that might be hard to define. I can't help but think that most people here would do the same thing if the tables were turned, so I don't hold a grudge towards those who are coming over to try to earn a decent living.

My biggest problem I have is the flood into the public school system and the culture doesn't make education a priority.

There is some improvement in that area from my observations.

Not sustained enough yet,but that can be said for other groups as well.

internment camps - we round up all the illegals and put them in a camp in New Mexico.

If it was good enough for the Japanese, it is good enough for them too

I hope that was a joke. I swear threads like these make me think all Redskins fans are ignorant rednecks and that sucks being a fellow skins fan.

Archived