Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Renewals

bryantlc

It think LL are nice, but I opted to stay UL and put in upgrade to move closer to the 50. I am currently in row 3 on the 30 and sitting in the first 5 rows is pretty awesome! I would like sideline LL, but no one really ever makes it over there anytime soon if at all. I was just wondering if there are some other STH that are staying UL over upgrading to LL because they actually like it better?

I'm staying in the UL because I despise endzone seats - with or without the big screen - despite the obvious advantage of getting out of the stadium quicker. I'm trying to move from Section 429, row seven to Section 428 because 429 has handicapped seating where the first three rows normally are.

because they are Dbags :)

Nothing like telling it like is! :ols:

I'm staying in the UL because I despise endzone seats - with or without the big screen - despite the obvious advantage of getting out of the stadium quicker. I'm trying to move from Section 429, row seven to Section 428 because 429 has handicapped seating where the first three rows normally are.

Nothing like telling it like is! :ols:

A little bit of sarcasm but you know what I am saying hahaha

Well just checked online - no upgrades posted yet.... Do we know are they done with LL or is there still a opportunity for further upgrades. I am presently in section 113 and would like to continue my move toward the sideline...

BTW sec 113 for those asking is much better than anything in the upper level....

When you look at your 2012 invoice, are your seats still listed. If the seats are missing and it only shows your parking and shipping costs, then you are being upgraded. If your 2011 seats are still listed in your 2012 invoice, then you are likely not being upgraded.

When you look at your 2012 invoice, are your seats still listed. If the seats are missing and it only shows your parking and shipping costs, then you are being upgraded. If your 2011 seats are still listed in your 2012 invoice, then you are likely not being upgraded.

This would totally stink since it seems that a lot of folks are moving from the UL to LL and not just end zone but corners or sideline! Does anyone think that being on the Visitor's side makes it easier to move towards the 50?

I think the general consensus is that is probably is easier to move to the 50 on the vistors side just because so many people want to be on the home side

(a reason i'm sticking to the visitors side)

i don't think we have any confirmed proof or concrete evidence, it's just an assumption.

The invoice system is obviously spotty, we've all seen it do some weird things. I wouldn't assume you aren't getting upgraded, but what you're describing doesn't follow the normal format. The normal format is:

- one day your tickets disappear from your invoice (the S&H and parking charges stay)

- one day, down the road, they reappear with your new seating assignment.

Just because you're tickets show up and still have the old seat that's not an indication you aren't getting upgraded. It's just not 'normal' (if there is such a thing at this point, with this system).

You can always call the ticket office. They've been really friendly with me, and other reports from the last year or two suggest they're doing a pretty good job at answering questions and being nice about things.

A request: when you post your upgrade please put from, to, years as an STH and any extras (got club seats to get there). Thanks from a 7 year STH apparently too stubborn to go LL. Asked for closer to 50 or lower rows. Currently sec 453.

A small but important edit to the info you're looking to gather: ticket office seniority is tied to the date you entered the season ticket wait list, not the date you first obtained tickets. For some old timers like me, there's a healthy differential between the two.

I just spoke with someone at the ticket office and they said that it "Looks like you didn't get upgraded, but the process is still underway and won't be completed until the end of June. At that time you'll know if you upgraded or not." So very upfront and nice, but not all that reassuring that I would be upgraded since you'd need to upgrade the folks in the LL before upgrading folks in the UL (so they can take the vacated seats). We're hearing of a few folks from the UL getting upgraded...

Your theory about the visitor's side seems right to me (no evidence to support that). Just from folks on the board, it seems that 2nd and 3rd year folks are getting corner end zone on visitor's side instead of starting in the middle of the end zone...

---------- Post added June-13th-2012 at 01:41 PM ----------

A small but important edit to the info you're looking to gather: ticket office seniority is tied to the date you entered the season ticket wait list, not the date you first obtained tickets. For some old timers like me, there's a healthy differential between the two.

I never knew that. Good to know!

I think the general consensus is that is probably is easier to move to the 50 on the vistors side just because so many people want to be on the home side

(a reason i'm sticking to the visitors side)

i don't think we have any confirmed proof or concrete evidence, it's just an assumption.

The invoice system is obviously spotty, we've all seen it do some weird things. I wouldn't assume you aren't getting upgraded, but what you're describing doesn't follow the normal format. The normal format is:

- one day your tickets disappear from your invoice (the S&H and parking charges stay)

- one day, down the road, they reappear with your new seating assignment.

Just because you're tickets show up and still have the old seat that's not an indication you aren't getting upgraded. It's just not 'normal' (if there is such a thing at this point, with this system).

You can always call the ticket office. They've been really friendly with me, and other reports from the last year or two suggest they're doing a pretty good job at answering questions and being nice about things.

Agree 100%. Ticket office has been really friendly-- in fact better and better every year. Also agree that nothing ever seems "normal" when trying to track the system-- there are anomalies every year, most of them explainable IF the details surface (bumped up via club seat purchase, high system seniority never capitalized upon, etc etc), but then again sometimes there are simply just weird outliers. It's a big stadium and ample room for outliers to occur.

No upgrade for me yet this year (LL to LL) but watching and waiting and hoping. I was told that based on my seating location (pretty good) and seniority (moderate in the context of LL longtimers) to estimate 50/50 at best.

---------- Post added June-13th-2012 at 12:59 PM ----------

Here's a thought that would turn this entire thing upside down: some major college football programs have figured out how to take "seniority" (transparently defined by annual giving level, longevity as ticket holder, class year, etc-- I'm sure defined by the athletic department development office), and then to give each ticket holder a rank.

Based on that rank, the ticket holder goes online at a certain time and date and chooses an upgrade on an interactive stadium map, based on remaining available seats at that point in the relocation season.

Fun, yes. Profitable for team? No idea.

---------- Post added June-13th-2012 at 01:06 PM ----------

Before I go, I'll drop this bomb: what is the eventual likelihood of a seniority/upgrade system something like what I described, supplemented by a profit motive for the ticket office: a fee to participate in the upgrade program in any given year? Before I get killed here, I'm not advocating it, I'm just pointing out a scenario that has undoubtedly already occurred to a great for-profit enterprise (the Redskins) looking to grow revenue without raising ticket prices.

Edited by Cameron

I had B3 Green last year and never once parked in it. They let you enter through the green lot and you're suppose to go all around out to get to B3. I asked numerous cops and parking attendants about it and they all said once you enter we are not looking to see if you go to the B3 area. So I never did and parked withing the 1st 20 spots against the fence when you first entered. Leaving was really easy and didn't run into any reel big traffic nightmares.

I just spoke with someone at the ticket office and they said that it "Looks like you didn't get upgraded, but the process is still underway and won't be completed until the end of June. At that time you'll know if you upgraded or not." So very upfront and nice, but not all that reassuring that I would be upgraded since you'd need to upgrade the folks in the LL before upgrading folks in the UL (so they can take the vacated seats). We're hearing of a few folks from the UL getting upgraded...

Your theory about the visitor's side seems right to me (no evidence to support that). Just from folks on the board, it seems that 2nd and 3rd year folks are getting corner end zone on visitor's side instead of starting in the middle of the end zone...

---------- Post added June-13th-2012 at 01:41 PM ----------

I never knew that. Good to know!

I never really liked this system. I hate that we have to pay up front for a chance to be upgraded, I really would like to know before hand. This is 1 reason I didn't opt to move to the LL, when I asked the rep on the phone (because I wanted to go to the 200 section and not the 100 section, she said she cant guarantee it, but will note the account. Obviously not willing to pay an extra 1k to find out I moved from somewhere I liked to somewhere that sucks.

I never really liked this system. I hate that we have to pay up front for a chance to be upgraded, I really would like to know before hand. This is 1 reason I didn't opt to move to the LL, when I asked the rep on the phone (because I wanted to go to the 200 section and not the 100 section, she said she cant guarantee it, but will note the account. Obviously not willing to pay an extra 1k to find out I moved from somewhere I liked to somewhere that sucks.

I kinda agree with you - when I first became an STH I refused to pay for an upgrade before finding out where I'd go. Then a couple of years ago, I bit the bullet and called after the upgrades were done (and even though I had said no upgrades) asked if there were any seats left and upgraded. That way, at least I knew where I'd end up and moved to the LL. Now, I'm back to the mercy of the upgrade system, but at least I am in the LL - just hoping to move towards midfield.

Absolutely. For the past two years, more UL to LL upgrades have been placed on the visitor end zone to corners than on the home side.

---------- Post added June-13th-2012 at 02:41 PM ----------

Interesting if true. Where did you hear this? I've always assumed seniority started from when you got your tickets not when you joined the season wait list. But I never inquired with the TO.

I'm not trying to say that you're wrong, or that what you're suggesting is not a better system, but...

thats no different than how it is when you sign up for tickets in general. you're required to put down a deposit per seat with absolutely no guarantee where you're seats will be.

Absolutely. For the past two years, more UL to LL upgrades have been placed on the visitor end zone to corners than on the home side.

---------- Post added June-13th-2012 at 02:41 PM ----------

Interesting if true. Where did you hear this? I've always assumed seniority started from when you got your tickets not when you joined the season wait list. But I never inquired with the TO.

I've heard it from a couple of different ticket office reps over the past few years. Would love confirmation from another season ticket holder if anyone wants to pursue it and ask. Certainly happy to be corrected if anyone gets different info.

I've heard it from a couple of different ticket office reps over the past few years. Would love confirmation from another season ticket holder if anyone wants to pursue it and ask. Certainly happy to be corrected if anyone gets different info.

Hey it works for me....I was on the wait list for quite some time. This is my tenth year but I was probably on the wait list for another ten years or more. Unfortunately I don't recall. Suppose I could call the TO and find out what my seniority is. Doesn't really matter, though. I'm at the mercy of the TO and the software. Not like I can challenge my seat upgrades.

I'm not trying to say that you're wrong, or that what you're suggesting is not a better system, but...

thats no different than how it is when you sign up for tickets in general. you're required to put down a deposit per seat with absolutely no guarantee where you're seats will be.

I think it's a little different - in one scenario you have no seats whereas in the other you're giving up seats for a possible better location. Though I get your bigger point.

It makes sense to me. They probably make the account when you sign up, and it's assigned an 'Account Number' which is whatever the last one was + 1. They probably simply judge 'seniority' by who has the lower account number.

The idea that someone joined the list long ago, skipped the offers to have tickets, then finally accepted and now have tickets is probably the exception rather than the rule. So it probably allows for some weird situations, but by and large it probably accurately determines seniority.

I think it's a little different - in one scenario you have no seats whereas in the other you're giving up seats for a possible better location. Though I get your bigger point.

I agree with you, it is different, but seems to be the way they do things. They've changed a lot of their methods to get away from the 'you should be lucky to have seats at all' mentality and more towards the 'we want to provide you with quality service', but this one appears to still be left in the old mentality.

It'd be nice if you saw what the options were... I just don't know that it's possible with this many people (i mean, of course it is, but is it worth the time and effort on their end? probably not...)

---------- Post added June-13th-2012 at 04:15 PM ----------

just got the following email:

We are pleased to inform you that your General Admission season tickets for the 2012 season have been assigned. Please login to www.Redskins.com/MyAccount to view your seat location.

Your season ticket package will be shipped via FedEx the first week of August. If you need to make any changes to your shipping address, please go to www.Redskins.com/MyAccount prior to June 22. If you have any questions, please contact the Redskins Ticket Office at 301-276-6050 or by email at tickets@redskins.com.

We look forward to seeing you at FedExField this fall! Thank you, and

Hail to the Redskins!!!

So i assume you'll get an email shortly after the upgrade is done (about 24 hours in my case). So you don' tneed to check it every day :)

Edited by tshile

I dont know if this is true first.... They are still doing UL to LL.... .I still have my seats as last year and the TO told me on Monday that they hadnt gotten to my section... I would be find staying where I am except I have 3 seats in 17,18,19 and then row behind me i have 18...

When I got LL thats all they had was a T of seats so I want all 4 this year together which I think is a simple request, with all the people moving from UL to LL...

Who knows I could be wrong...

I just received the email notification that my seating upgrades were complete....moved from sec 213 r4 to sec 214 r4. Heck, maybe in another 5 years I will be around the 50 yard line.....but on the wrong side of FEDEX......

I also received the email stating my seat assignment for this year, so that must mean the lower level upgrades are complete. I'm in 106 and got no upgrade, which is what I thought. I know people on the visitors side (corners) who got upgrades, so I do believe the visitors side makes a difference.

Edited by LCA77

I dont know if this is true first.... They are still doing UL to LL.... .I still have my seats as last year and the TO told me on Monday that they hadnt gotten to my section... I would be find staying where I am except I have 3 seats in 17,18,19 and then row behind me i have 18...

When I got LL thats all they had was a T of seats so I want all 4 this year together which I think is a simple request, with all the people moving from UL to LL...

Sounds right.

last year my invoice didn't disappear until well after the lower level upgrades started. Not sure 408 is still there, but even if it is... I should get at least a section. ; )

I should clarify my comment. First, it applies to people with seats on the lower level, not upper level. I don't think upper level folks should be worried yet based on the reports or lack of reports in this thread. And second, I said "likely not being upgraded". Stuff happens that changes during the upgrade process. For example, l asked to be moved from section 108 to the section 200 level. Since I technically requested a "downgrade", I may have created two open seats because my request would have been handled manually.

---------- Post added June-13th-2012 at 09:24 PM ----------

I also received the email stating my seat assignment for this year, so that must mean the lower level upgrades are complete. I'm in 106 and got no upgrade, which is what I thought. I know people on the visitors side (corners) who got upgrades, so I do believe the visitors side makes a difference.

Well that sucks. But I expected fewer LL upgrades because of RG3.

I should clarify my comment. First, it applies to people with seats on the lower level, not upper level. I don't think upper level folks should be worried yet based on the reports or lack of reports in this thread. And second, I said "likely not being upgraded". Stuff happens that changes during the upgrade process. For example, l asked to be moved from section 108 to the section 200 level. Since I technically requested a "downgrade", I may have created two open seats because my request would have been handled manually.

---------- Post added June-13th-2012 at 09:24 PM ----------

Well that sucks. But I expected fewer LL upgrades because of RG3.

I just wanted to be on the same page...wasnt trying to say your no was incorrect......

Hope everyone to get upgrades lol :)