Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Renewals

bryantlc

Hmm. Good to know. Thanks. $60...my how times have changed!

In all fairness, gas was 90 cents a gallon back then, too.

I would actually expect ticket prices to stay the same for a little bit, especially after this tv deal in 2014 goes through. Honestly, these packages (Sunday Ticket, NFL Redzone) and even the TVs these days are getting more and more "comfortable" for the average fan. If you jack up the price on tickets, you are going to lose that 9 to 5 worker because he/she cannot afford to go to the games or choose not to go sit in traffic and pay all kinds of money when he/she can just sit at home and watch from their sofa.

The Redskins have actually been one of the better teams in the league at this over the last few years.

I have two questions. Does anyone know how many rows are in section 117? Second question for Section 117, does seat 1 start at the aisle closest to 116 or 118? I checked Mark the Homer's anything you ever wanted to know about Fedex Field thread but could not find an answer. Thank you.

they increase the same direction the section numbers themselves increase.

so for section 117, seat 1 would start next to 116, and the last number in the row would be next to 118.

Edited by tshile

bware1,

MTH is the expert on these things but since I'm in your neck of the woods, I'd hazard an answer. There are 28 rows in Section 117 and the numbering starts closest to 116. In other words, seat 1 is across the aisle from section 116. BTW, I love that area. I know we all want to be on the 50 yard line but I like being really invested in one endzone and also having a sideline perspective.

Enjoy.

I got a pretty big auto upgrade this season. Moved from upper endzone section 414 to 407, plus down a couple of rows. No extra cost. In years past I either didn't get moved or would only get bumped down a row in the same section. I did renew right away this season so maybe that had something to do with it.

Hopefully the Manchester United tickets arrive this week.

From MTH: "There were two LL prices prior to Snyder: $55 each for endzone seats and $60 each for sidelines seats."

Glad I didn't know that in 97 when my family was paying $50 ps, pg, for UL sidelines. It would have added insult to injury to know that for just $5 more ps, pg, we could have been in the LL. Throw in another $10 ps, pg, we could have been 100 feet closer to the action on the sidelines from where we were in 401.

Edited by RFKFedEx

From MTH: "There were two LL prices prior to Snyder: $55 each for endzone seats and $60 each for sidelines seats."

Glad I didn't know that in 97 when my family was paying $50 ps, pg, for UL sidelines. It would have added insult to injury to know that for just $5 more ps, pg, we could have been in the LL. Throw in a more $10 more ps, pg, we could have been 100 feet closer to the action on the sidelines.

Yep.... the increments were $55. $50. and $40 for upstairs. No tax added, of course. JKC included it in the price.

Yes. The difference is, JKC included it in the price of the tickets.

Too much is made of this tax thing. The tickets still cost the same. All Snyder did was show the ticket cost and the tax separately on the invoice a few years ago. Big ****in deal.....

Too much is made of this tax thing. The tickets still cost the same. All Snyder did was show the ticket cost and the tax separately on the invoice a few years ago. Big ****in deal.....

Gotta agree with you there. Unfortunately the Redskins tickets have become the most angry ticket base in the market.

Wizards tickets for lower level are like being gang raped. Don't hear so much complaining. Caps tickets lower level are high too, but they are winning.

Chip, didn't Leonsis just raise the ticket prices again for the Capitals? Second year in a row now?

Yes, I think they did. I am waiting for quotes on 5 and 10 game plans.

It's amazing to think lower level Caps tickets could ever be in such high demand for the prices they charge and people complain about $100 a seat for the Redskins. Never thought I would see that day happen.

Yeah I always find that funny. It's like I tell a lot of people (which most of us know). It's not about the price of the ticket, but rather the performance. Nobody minds putting money out when the team is a winner (Capitals prove that each year now), but let them be a loser and nobody will (Redskins). I do understand in a way, don't get me wrong, nobody wants to pay big $$$ for a crap performance, but I hate the excuses made.

Edited by B55Green

It's amazing to think lower level Caps tickets could ever be in such high demand for the prices they charge and people complain about $100 a seat for the Redskins. Never thought I would see that day happen.

Hold on there Chip! Those tickets really cost $108.90. Can't forget that 10% Prince Georges County Tax that Danny doesn't count on the invoice....oh wait.....he does....doesn't he? :silly:

It's not like every other friggin' sports franchise, grocery store, Home Depot, concert, etc, etc markets the selling price WITHOUT the friggin' tax.:soapbox:

sorry....bad day at work......

Edited by SonnyandSam

i think the only thing thats ever made of it is when you're talking about the real cost of owning tickets. and anyone who knows anything about marketing understands the advantage you get when you advertise your most expensive general admission ticket as 99$ instead of 108$ and some change. it's stupid that it matters, but it does...

10% tax is a hefty tax, especially when you're talking about a couple thousand of dollars. we're not talking 4% on a 5 dollar burger here.

---------- Post added June-29th-2011 at 12:33 AM ----------

Hold on there Chip! Those tickets really cost $108.90. Can't forget that 10% Prince Georges County Tax that Danny doesn't count on the invoice....oh wait.....he does....doesn't he? :silly:

[/qUOTE]

he was talking about the price printed on the ticket

not the invoice

come on, you're better than this.

i think the only thing thats ever made of it is when you're talking about the real cost of owning tickets. and anyone who knows anything about marketing understands the advantage you get when you advertise your most expensive general admission ticket as 99$ instead of 108$ and some change. it's stupid that it matters, but it does...

10% tax is a hefty tax, especially when you're talking about a couple thousand of dollars. we're not talking 4% on a 5 dollar burger here.

not the invoice

If you are whining about $90 per ticket or $180 per pair you are a cheap **** who shouldn't own tickets to a sporting event.

Save the drama.

If you are whining about $90 per ticket or $180 per pair you are a cheap **** who shouldn't own tickets to a sporting event.

Save the drama.

who's whining?

we're talking about a marketing tactic. to ignore it is to be naive and dumb. acknowledging it is not the same as whining about it...

who's whining?

we're talking about a marketing tactic. to ignore it is to be naive and dumb. acknowledging it is not the same as whining about it...

Redskins tickets are the easiest and cheapest tickets in town. I am not naive, are you?

Quit complaining.

Redskins tickets are the easiest and cheapest tickets in town. I am not naive, are you?

Quit complaining.

Oh, so i'm the one complaining in your eyes?

good to see your reading comprehension is about where i thought it would be; that is to say, it is pretty crappy.

Edited by tshile

not the invoice

First, Chip knows I was kidding with him. Did you not see the silly face? My reply to him was totally sarcastic. Besides, tickets cost $99.00 not $100.:silly::silly::silly: See it this time?

Your right 10% is a hefty tax. But Dan Snyder is not responsible for it; Prince Georges County is. And PG makes/forces Dan Snyder to take that money out of your pocket to pay PG County. Exactly why should Dan Snyder HIDE the tax so you all think Dan Snyder is forcing you to pay 108.90 per ticket instead of $99.00 to him and $9.90 to the politician. I call that transparency. You know where your money is going. Show me any business that does not exclude sales tax, amusement tax, regulatory costs, etc. from bills, receipts, tickets.

Besides, all the tickets are season tickets. The season ticket owner is the one that gets the invoice that clearly shows all the costs, including shipping and handling costs, and now internet service charge payment fee (or whatever the three dollars I pay to pay in three installments.) The price on the ticket means nothing to no one.

Edited by SonnyandSam