Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Renewals

bryantlc

On 2/25/2020 at 10:54 AM, MarkB452 said:

My boss got upgraded to orange parking.  He is in section 139(?)

I kept asking and got all the way from Green to Purple last year

On 2/25/2020 at 11:44 AM, Skinsfan1311 said:

If it's available, I can highly recommend Red Zone parking. Easy in and out, only 750 spaces, and they're twice as wide as the spots in the other lots.  It's a short walk into the stadium,(it's right behind the players lot), and plenty of room for tailgating.

I used to park here when it was green lot and it was amazing. I used to have the first spot closest to the stadium on the end. Room to tailgate on the side and behind because of the metro buses. I loved this spot and thing XS now tailgates there. I have purple lot now and love my short walk but miss my old spot over there

• Like 2

VA legislature approved sports betting today. Richmond Times-Dispatch story cites a source indicating that Snyder is eyeing the possibility of a parcel of land in VA with better access to DC than Dulles, but the location of the site is being kept confidential so the price won't be driven up. 

On 3/7/2020 at 6:27 PM, hail2skins said:

Why isn't FedEx prominent in the bucket list stadiums? 😁

Because... FedEx Stadium is the garbage pit of the NFL?

I was a Season Ticket Holder for 8 years, and I can attest that this stadium is worst I have ever been to.

Just plain awful. 

With all the recent coverage on a new stadium what are the latest assumptions?  Still targeting 2027?  Anyone know how seat locations carry over to new stadiums when this kind of thing happens?  I renewed this year after about an 8 year break and locations were plentiful (landed two at midfield at the 50) and I'm wondering if I timed this just right.

• Like 1

I will say it didn't come easy - they kept offering me endzone and I kept saying no but email me when you finally have something between the 30's.  It took about a month but it worked out.  I'm optimistic about maintaining location but I'm pessimistic about the thought of personal seat licenses... ugh.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, rick7423 said:

I was a Season Ticket Holder for 8 years, and I can attest that this stadium is worst I have ever been to.

Just plain awful. 

People always complain about parking at Fedex Field.    I went to 1 game at the Raven stadium and I thought parking was 100x worse.   All their lots are randomly scattered about in any nook and cranny that was available.   And the beltway exit ramps can't handle the traffic getting off the highway either.

29 minutes ago, ap0stle said:

I've heard Red Zone is the way to go.  I'm looking into parking now and only Green/Orange/Red are available now.  Any guidance?

Absolutely love the Redzone lot. Close to the Stadium, has the extremskins tailgate, often has live bands or DJ and Cornhole etc set up.

Extra wide spaces are nice but the main reason is you get your own entrance and exit from the stadium.

3 hours ago, Howie411 said:

People always complain about parking at Fedex Field.    I went to 1 game at the Raven stadium and I thought parking was 100x worse.   All their lots are randomly scattered about in any nook and cranny that was available.   And the beltway exit ramps can't handle the traffic getting off the highway either.

I've never really complained about the traffic getting in and out of FedEx like a lot of media tends to exaggerate. But I'm not a tailgater and don't think its unreasonable to get to a game an hour before kickoff and expect to easily find a parking spot. Instead, too many times the "finding a spot" aspect is the most stressful part of the day, due to people taking up thru lanes and parking spaces with their cornhole games, grills, chairs, etc. Not saying that eventually I don't get to a spot, but when you are asking $50 to park, the process should be a lot better organized, IMO. 

On 3/8/2020 at 9:43 PM, rick7423 said:

Just plain awful. 

I've been to a few stadiums and, sadly, all of them are nicer facilities. By nicer, I mean more modern, and better amenities.

FedEx, however, does check all the boxes, when it comes down to actually watching and following the the game, (except for those horrific seats that were added)  i.e. you can see everything,  with clear views of the field. You can hear the announcers. You can see the plays, and replays, on the big screens.  You can get a hot dog, and you can go to the bathroom.   Honestly,  everything else is just window dressing, IMHO, of course. 

Serious questions.

What makes it plain awful?

Is it the location? 

Parking?

Prices?

Concessions?

Sight lines?

Bathrooms?

Staff?

Our record?

All the above?

Some of the above?

I find that some of complaints, rowdy & drunk fans, concession prices, traffic, etc., are pretty common at most stadiums, not just ours.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

I've been to a few stadiums and, sadly, all of them are nicer facilities. By nicer, I mean more modern, and better amenities.

FedEx, however, does check all the boxes, when it comes down to actually watching and following the the game, (except for those horrific seats that were added)  i.e. you can see everything,  with clear views of the field. You can hear the announcers. You can see the plays, and replays, on the big screens.  You can get a hot dog, and you can go to the bathroom.   Honestly,  everything else is just window dressing, IMHO, of course. 

Serious questions.

What makes it plain awful?

Is it the location? 

Parking?

Prices?

Concessions?

Sight lines?

Bathrooms?

Staff?

Our record?

All the above?

Some of the above?

I find that some of complaints, rowdy & drunk fans, concession prices, traffic, etc., are pretty common at most stadiums, not just ours.  

I think one big issue was it just couldn't support 90k+ people.   To be honest this last year were crowds were closer to 50k or maybe even less,  parking, concessions, bathroom lines etc were a lot better than past years.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Howie411 said:

I think one big issue was it just couldn't support 90k+ people.   To be honest this last year were crowds were closer to 50k or maybe even less,  parking, concessions, bathroom lines etc were a lot better than past years.

I'd have to regoogle the article but I did read that they'd look to build a 60K (vs. 90K) stadium at the new site.  I agree with you - it's just too big.

2 hours ago, Howie411 said:

Great point!

I hadn't even thought about that.

Having stated that, traffic was a **** at RFK, both coming and going, but mainly leaving.

Edited by Skinsfan1311

Capacity presently isn't anywhere close to 90K.  Attendance for the Cowboys game in 2018 (I was there.....a few empties in the upper level, but packed otherwise) was listed at 66K by the Lafemina counting method. For the Cowboys game in 2019 (I wasn't there) was listed at 75K by the "counting tickets sold to brokers" method. Split the difference and you get a capacity in the low 70s.

When the stadium was built it held roughly 80K.  The complaint I heard most frequently was from people with upper deck seats at RFK who thought they had been placed in the clouds at JKC because the additional suite levels and a probably too big club level (although the asking prices and demand at the time supported it) pushed the upper level much higher up.  But between the fact that we weren't that far removed from the Gibbs glory years and especially after bringing Gibbs back, the capacity was supported...….I didn't have as much of an issue with the 2004 addition of most of the "cave" seats on the visitors 200 side (probably more desirable than the upper deck seats which have been removed in the past decade) as I did with the same season  installation of the dream seats, which degraded the experience of the 100 level sideline seats, IMO. 

I agree with Skinsfan1311 in general that once you get to the stadium, its not a bad place to actually see a game, even if some of the aspects I mention above limit the number of true choice seats in the place. I think its been a combination of the team's record coupled with it costing over double to attend a game than it did 20 years ago when you factor tickets, parking, and a bit of food at the game. When you're paying a minimum of $200 face value for a couple of seats and parking and seeing the team mostly lose and having to deal with some moron ****ing about "SCHNEIDER!!!" all game, I can see where the experience would be less than appealing to some. 

I'll also add that I think its only natural that going to any venue a multitude of times can make the experience seem a bit more stale compared to going to a venue that one has never been to.  I did enjoy the first few seasons of FedEx more...….they had the cool kids area outside the stadium, the band was more of a participant in the game, and they had brought over Phil Hochberg as the PA guy from RFK.  But then soon after Snyder took over, they ditched all of that, and it became more of a generic experience. We used to laugh at the Funky Four, but at least that was somewhat unique, and then they turned it into a stupid commercial. Playing HTTR after touchdowns might be the only unique thing at FedEx. Other than that, its just the same old crappy music that does nothing for the overall experience. 

Edited by hail2skins

This "Season Ticket Renewal" thread has turned into a "Our stadium sucks/where will the new stadium be" thread! 😂😂🤔🤔 Having said that, I wonder if the front office changes have helped with renewals? I think a lot of people who were firm on not renewing actually did renew. I'm one of them. It seems they are trying so I decided to stay on the train for the ride.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, LCA77 said:

This "Season Ticket Renewal" thread has turned into a "Our stadium sucks/where will the new stadium be" thread! 😂😂🤔🤔 Having said that, I wonder if the front office changes have helped with renewals? I think a lot of people who were firm on not renewing actually did renew. I'm one of them. It seems they are trying so I decided to stay on the train for the ride.

I didn't have parking before, and immediately got purple parking by asking for it- still have to pay for it, but I'm not starting out in the green lot which I didn't want anyway.  They are clearly trying to keep everyone they possibly can.