• Blog Entries

• By Destino in ES Coverage
      We’re still doing this?  Absolutely!  Despite all the compelling reasons to just let everyone go home and enjoy and extended offseason, this is not an option.  The games must be played, and therefore we the long-suffering fans will feel compelled to watch.  Even games no reasonable football fan would choose to watch like, for example, today’s Redskins Jets game.   

Today’s convergence of sadness features the 30th ranked scoring offense (Jets 14.4 ppg) versus the 32nd (Redskins 12.0 ppg).  The first team to 15 wins!  With no playoff aspirations the compelling story lines for this game are largely limited to watching young players (hopefully) develop.  Dwayne Haskins gets his first home start and Derrius Guice is back from injury.   

My, reasonable, goals for today’s game:  
      1- Score a touchdown 
      2- Score more than 17 points.   
      3- Haskins throws for 200 yards or more with no interceptions  
      4- Guice runs the ball at least 10 times and finishes at 3.5 yards per carry and healthy.  

Hoping for a win at this point feels like setting myself up for disappointment, so I’m happy to settle for an entertaining loss.  

Special thanks to @pez for some excellent Guinness beef stew.  If you absolutely have to stand in a frozen parking lot at 9am, the best place to do it is at the Extremeskins Tailgate with Pez and @Huly.  Great fans, great people. 

The Redskins have declared for the following players as inactive: 
      Paul Richardson  
      Colt McCoy 
      Deshazor Everett 
      Chris Thompson  
      Ross Pierschbacher 
      Vernon Davis  
      Tim Settle  

The Jets declared the following players as inactive  
      Nate Hairston  
      Darryl Roberts  
      Paul Worrilow 
      Matthias Farley  
      CJ Mosley  
      Jordan Willis  
      Leo Koloamatangi 

1st Quarter - Redskins 0 - 6 Jets
      If you wanted to sit in the cold and watch a football game with some Jets fans at FedEx, but were worried that there were not enough seats available, I have good news.  There’s plenty of space available, so come on down and prove you’re a real fan by sitting though this in person.

Jets dominated the 1st quarter even though they only scored 6 points.  The reason being that Washington managed only 13 yards of offense and a single first down.  

Question: Is it still a check down pass if the QB never looks at anyone else?

2nd Quarter - Redskins 3 - 20 Jets
      The Jets have achieved an insurmountable 13 point lead early in the 2nd quarter.  All hope is lost.

Is there a more perfect example of the Redskins offense than their first scoring drive in the 2nd quarter?  Interception gives the Redskins the ball on the Jets 16 yard line.  They proceed to march 10 yards backwards before kicking a field goal from the Jets 26.  It's perfect.  Two or three more field goals we can call it a day. 

The Jets score again and if feels like they are are just piling on at this point.  Three touchdowns in the first half for them, just three points for the redskins.  Our streak of no touchdowns has now extended to 15 quarters. 

3rd Quarter - Redskins 3 - 20 Jets
      There is a spider slowly descending from the ceiling in the press box and it's the most interesting thing that's happened during the third quarter of this game. 

I have decided to allow the spider to live, provided it does not touch me.  I'm off to get some more caffeine. 

4th Quarter - Redskins 17 - 34 Jets
      The first wave of Redskins fans, the few that are here, started streaming towards the exits after that 4th Jets touchdown.  As if the Jets didn't have this game wrapped up in the 2nd quarter. 

Jet have now more than doubled their average points per game and have matched their season high of 34 points (and they missed two field goals in this game). 

TOUCHDOWN REDSKINS!  THE DROUGHT IT OVER!  Guice took a short pass from Haskins  all the way to the house.  2 point conversion is successful on a pass from Haskins to Quinn. 

The Redskins score another touchdown!  This feels like an embarrassment of riches, even if we are still certain to lose this game. 

End of Game.

Let's review those reasonable goals I mentioned earlier:

1- Success.
      2- Close enough, I'm counting it
      3- Haskins did throw for over 200, but unfortunately did have an interception. 
      4- Guice was not given the opportunity to run the ball ten times today.  He did however score on a 45 yard TD pass and finish the game healthy.  I'll take it.

Even though the Redskins lost, it was good to see the offense show some faint signs of life and end the streak of games without a TD.  The team looked competitive for much of the second half, and perhaps they could have made this a fun game if they carried that same energy throughout.  It was good to see Guice and Mclaurin show out today.  I think both of them have a future with this team that I look forward to seeing. 

bryantlc

Season Ticket Renewals

25 minutes ago, josh35b said:

So I was in the club level for the first time this season on Sunday. They had these Gold Members Only areas setup. We could get free popcorn and chips and $6 beer throughout the game. I was thoroughly impressed. This cost them about $1 worth of free food for me, and only marked up my beer 600% instead of the usual 1000%. It still honestly was very cool. I told my wife, "finally, we get some kind of perk for our $3,500 we spend in season tickets". Oh, and even thought they discounted the beer for me, they actually made more money off of me. I usually only buy 1 beer during the game due to the prices, however I bought 3 on Sunday since they were so "cheap". Do they have these areas in other places in the stadium and I just didn't notice? I would like to see them expand this by offering free hot dogs and other food items. However this simple gesture will probably help sway me to renew my tickets yet again next year. I'd really like to see a 30-50% drop in season ticket prices to more align with the secondary market but I know that's not going to happen. At worse, they can give me $3 worth of free food and some discounted beer I suppose.

Are your season tickets in the club level?  If so, what section are you in, and are you spending $3500 for both seats, or is that per seat?

I sat in the club level at MetLife stadium for a game in 2016 (tickets purchased on Stubhub) and right next to the doors which lead out to the seating bowl they had these big baskets with chips and cookies you could take for free.  I thought that was nice. 

Edited by hail2skins

35 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Are your season tickets in the club level?  If so, what section are you in, and are you spending $3500 for both seats, or is that per seat?

I sat in the club level at MetLife stadium for a game in 2016 (tickets purchased on Stubhub) and right next to the doors which lead out to the seating bowl they had these big baskets with chips and cookies you could take for free.  I thought that was nice. 

My season tickets are in section 121 but I only have 2 seats(2 tickets plus parking ~ $3,500). I take the whole family to one game a year so I sold my 2 seats and bought 4 club level tickets off stubhub for Sunday's game. So I'd be curious to know, is this something new? Is this something only in the club level? I really hope they expand on this and make it available other areas as well. It's a really nice idea and doesn't cost them much at all. I would not have bought any food items on Sunday. I would have bought one beer instead of three.

21 hours ago, josh35b said:

My season tickets are in section 121 but I only have 2 seats(2 tickets plus parking ~ $3,500). I take the whole family to one game a year so I sold my 2 seats and bought 4 club level tickets off stubhub for Sunday's game. So I'd be curious to know, is this something new? Is this something only in the club level? I really hope they expand on this and make it available other areas as well. It's a really nice idea and doesn't cost them much at all. I would not have bought any food items on Sunday. I would have bought one beer instead of three.

It's only in the club level.  They also do hotdogs, sodas and a few other snacks for those in the Dream Seats (who also have club level access with their tickets.) 

Just got an email from Groupon for Redskins tickets and this is the most depressing thing I've seen all season.  Dream seats for $133, Club Seats for $33.       The fact that I pay $90+ for upper deck seats makes this sickening.

image.thumb.png.deeabe3dade86bc05b16f4a2de61e386.png

• Sad 1

Why are any actual Redskin Fanatics giving any of their hard earned money to Snyder? You guys buying season tickets are part of the problem.

Edited by nonniey
  • Like 2

On 11/4/2019 at 2:52 PM, nonniey said:

Why are any actual Redskin Fanatics giving any of their hard earned money to Snyder? You guys buying season tickets are part of the problem.

Where do I start with this drivel! If you think me not going to games and getting the perks of being a season plan holder would cause Snyder to change or sell the team then I will not lower myself to your intellect and engage in discussion. We are Redskin Fanatics. I am not going to give away years of enjoying what I am passionate about just so I can be a curmudgeon that doesnt actually change anything. Besides traincamp access, on field events etc. I will enjoy saying I was a season ticket holder through the tough times when the good times come again. Till then a bad day at Fed Ex (And they are all really bad) with my kid tailgating is still a better day than most!

On that freebies note: The Redskins Rewards page has been active this week with signed items including jerseys for season ticket members. Check it our fellow Fanatics. I just got my free Doug Williams Signed Jersey. I guess that is me taking graft for being part of the problem. Good Grief.

2 minutes ago, Hoover-ball said:

Where do I start with this drivel! If you think me not going to games and getting the perks of being a season plan holder would cause Snyder to change or sell the team then I will not lower myself to your intellect and engage in discussion. We are Redskin Fanatics. I am not going to give away years of enjoying what I am passionate about just so I can be a curmudgeon that doesnt actually change anything. Besides traincamp access, on field events etc. I will enjoy saying I was a season ticket holder through the tough times when the good times come again. Till then a bad day at Fed Ex (And they are all really bad) with my kid tailgating is still a better day than most!

On that freebies note: The Redskins Rewards page has been active this week with signed items including jerseys for season ticket members. Check it our fellow Fanatics. I just got my free Doug Williams Signed Jersey. I guess that is me taking graft for being part of the problem. Good Grief.

Yep definitely part of the problem. Not a real fan at all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

How many season ticket holders are is completely insignificant. Season ticket money is a drop in the bucket in terms with how the team makes/loses money. That is why they are completely indifferent and out of touch with regards to this situation. If people want to spend the money, good for them. If people don't, good for them.

Who gives a damn? Any negative feelings should be directed at this god awful regime and not other fans. I would argue that getting a stadium full of pissed off fans voicing their displeasure in some coordinated way will be ten times more effective than empty seats. Yes, by buying tickets you would be putting money in Dan Snyder's pockets, but as I described above, that is insignificant and meaningless. And for those of you who hold this position that they refuse to pay for tickets from the Redskins and only do it from Stubhub, I hate to break this to you but at least 50 percent of the tickets, especially the club seats are being listed by the Redskins. That goes for parking on Stubhub as well.

The entire front office is in a bubble and have no clue about the level of fan dissatisfaction. That is where i personally think we should direct our ire, not at each other. 

• Like 1

On 10/23/2019 at 3:35 PM, ThomasTomasz said:

It's only in the club level.  They also do hotdogs, sodas and a few other snacks for those in the Dream Seats (who also have club level access with their tickets.) 

I use my Redskins Gold card to get into club level and get the free food and discount beers. My seats are upper deck.

3 hours ago, Hoover-ball said:

I use my Redskins Gold card to get into club level and get the free food and discount beers. My seats are upper deck.

Huh?  Since when can you do that?

8 hours ago, dudleyismydog said:

How many season ticket holders are is completely insignificant. Season ticket money is a drop in the bucket in terms with how the team makes/loses money. That is why they are completely indifferent and out of touch with regards to this situation. If people want to spend the money, good for them. If people don't, good for them.

Who gives a damn? Any negative feelings should be directed at this god awful regime and not other fans. I would argue that getting a stadium full of pissed off fans voicing their displeasure in some coordinated way will be ten times more effective than empty seats. Yes, by buying tickets you would be putting money in Dan Snyder's pockets, but as I described above, that is insignificant and meaningless. And for those of you who hold this position that they refuse to pay for tickets from the Redskins and only do it from Stubhub, I hate to break this to you but at least 50 percent of the tickets, especially the club seats are being listed by the Redskins. That goes for parking on Stubhub as well.

The entire front office is in a bubble and have no clue about the level of fan dissatisfaction. That is where i personally think we should direct our ire, not at each other. 

Dan Snyder only cares about one thing-   $$$$,  so I think he could care less about a stadium full of PO'd fans.  In fact he'd probably be laughing about it.... all the way to the bank.  An empty stadium is the only thing that will cause him, and maybe the NFL to take notice.

IMO- if you want change to happen here,  you need to stop supporting and propping up the current regime.

19 hours ago, Howie411 said:

Huh?  Since when can you do that?

I have done it since they sent me an email stating that the Gold benefit is free food and cheaper beer at two spots in the club level. How else would you get that benefit if the card didnt let you into the club area. 

I have never had a problem. But i am also nice to people and that goes a long way so not sure it is official policy or I just make it work.

Just got this email. I feel like it should have come out earlier in the season, its like if folks don't know what you get by now there is an issue.    I guess they can remove the 5th quarter party party since we haven't won a game at home.

image.png.fb457cef5db2cafe599816de14711a04.png

On 11/6/2019 at 11:05 AM, dudleyismydog said:

Take it a step further.  Everyone knows that the largest portion of revenue that teams receive is from television contracts.  So when you watch games of any team, show interest in the NFL, posting to a messageboard on the Redskins website, or talking about the NFL on Facebook, you are increasing tv ratings or just generally showing that you have interest in the league.  This causes the TV networks to pay more money.  Therefore, you are lining Snyder's pockets and are also part of the "problem."  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CTennant said:

Take it a step further.  Everyone knows that the largest portion of revenue that teams receive is from television contracts.  So when you watch games of any team, show interest in the NFL, posting to a messageboard on the Redskins website, or talking about the NFL on Facebook, you are increasing tv ratings or just generally showing that you have interest in the league.  This causes the TV networks to pay more money.  Therefore, you are lining Snyder's pockets and are also part of the "problem."  

You are right.  I need to stop watching  NFL games on TV, Stop playing fantasy football, and stop visiting  this website because all of these activities are lining Snyder’s pockets

• Thanks 1