Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Renewals

bryantlc

25 minutes ago, josh35b said:

So I was in the club level for the first time this season on Sunday. They had these Gold Members Only areas setup. We could get free popcorn and chips and $6 beer throughout the game. I was thoroughly impressed. This cost them about $1 worth of free food for me, and only marked up my beer 600% instead of the usual 1000%. It still honestly was very cool. I told my wife, "finally, we get some kind of perk for our $3,500 we spend in season tickets". Oh, and even thought they discounted the beer for me, they actually made more money off of me. I usually only buy 1 beer during the game due to the prices, however I bought 3 on Sunday since they were so "cheap". Do they have these areas in other places in the stadium and I just didn't notice? I would like to see them expand this by offering free hot dogs and other food items. However this simple gesture will probably help sway me to renew my tickets yet again next year. I'd really like to see a 30-50% drop in season ticket prices to more align with the secondary market but I know that's not going to happen. At worse, they can give me $3 worth of free food and some discounted beer I suppose.

Are your season tickets in the club level?  If so, what section are you in, and are you spending $3500 for both seats, or is that per seat?

I sat in the club level at MetLife stadium for a game in 2016 (tickets purchased on Stubhub) and right next to the doors which lead out to the seating bowl they had these big baskets with chips and cookies you could take for free.  I thought that was nice. 

Edited by hail2skins

35 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Are your season tickets in the club level?  If so, what section are you in, and are you spending $3500 for both seats, or is that per seat?

I sat in the club level at MetLife stadium for a game in 2016 (tickets purchased on Stubhub) and right next to the doors which lead out to the seating bowl they had these big baskets with chips and cookies you could take for free.  I thought that was nice. 

My season tickets are in section 121 but I only have 2 seats(2 tickets plus parking ~ $3,500). I take the whole family to one game a year so I sold my 2 seats and bought 4 club level tickets off stubhub for Sunday's game. So I'd be curious to know, is this something new? Is this something only in the club level? I really hope they expand on this and make it available other areas as well. It's a really nice idea and doesn't cost them much at all. I would not have bought any food items on Sunday. I would have bought one beer instead of three.

21 hours ago, josh35b said:

My season tickets are in section 121 but I only have 2 seats(2 tickets plus parking ~ $3,500). I take the whole family to one game a year so I sold my 2 seats and bought 4 club level tickets off stubhub for Sunday's game. So I'd be curious to know, is this something new? Is this something only in the club level? I really hope they expand on this and make it available other areas as well. It's a really nice idea and doesn't cost them much at all. I would not have bought any food items on Sunday. I would have bought one beer instead of three.

It's only in the club level.  They also do hotdogs, sodas and a few other snacks for those in the Dream Seats (who also have club level access with their tickets.) 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/4/2019 at 2:52 PM, nonniey said:

Why are any actual Redskin Fanatics giving any of their hard earned money to Snyder? You guys buying season tickets are part of the problem.

Where do I start with this drivel! If you think me not going to games and getting the perks of being a season plan holder would cause Snyder to change or sell the team then I will not lower myself to your intellect and engage in discussion. We are Redskin Fanatics. I am not going to give away years of enjoying what I am passionate about just so I can be a curmudgeon that doesnt actually change anything. Besides traincamp access, on field events etc. I will enjoy saying I was a season ticket holder through the tough times when the good times come again. Till then a bad day at Fed Ex (And they are all really bad) with my kid tailgating is still a better day than most!

On that freebies note: The Redskins Rewards page has been active this week with signed items including jerseys for season ticket members. Check it our fellow Fanatics. I just got my free Doug Williams Signed Jersey. I guess that is me taking graft for being part of the problem. Good Grief.

2 minutes ago, Hoover-ball said:

Where do I start with this drivel! If you think me not going to games and getting the perks of being a season plan holder would cause Snyder to change or sell the team then I will not lower myself to your intellect and engage in discussion. We are Redskin Fanatics. I am not going to give away years of enjoying what I am passionate about just so I can be a curmudgeon that doesnt actually change anything. Besides traincamp access, on field events etc. I will enjoy saying I was a season ticket holder through the tough times when the good times come again. Till then a bad day at Fed Ex (And they are all really bad) with my kid tailgating is still a better day than most!

On that freebies note: The Redskins Rewards page has been active this week with signed items including jerseys for season ticket members. Check it our fellow Fanatics. I just got my free Doug Williams Signed Jersey. I guess that is me taking graft for being part of the problem. Good Grief.

Yep definitely part of the problem. Not a real fan at all.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

How many season ticket holders are is completely insignificant. Season ticket money is a drop in the bucket in terms with how the team makes/loses money. That is why they are completely indifferent and out of touch with regards to this situation. If people want to spend the money, good for them. If people don't, good for them.

Who gives a damn? Any negative feelings should be directed at this god awful regime and not other fans. I would argue that getting a stadium full of pissed off fans voicing their displeasure in some coordinated way will be ten times more effective than empty seats. Yes, by buying tickets you would be putting money in Dan Snyder's pockets, but as I described above, that is insignificant and meaningless. And for those of you who hold this position that they refuse to pay for tickets from the Redskins and only do it from Stubhub, I hate to break this to you but at least 50 percent of the tickets, especially the club seats are being listed by the Redskins. That goes for parking on Stubhub as well.

The entire front office is in a bubble and have no clue about the level of fan dissatisfaction. That is where i personally think we should direct our ire, not at each other. 

• Like 1

On 10/23/2019 at 3:35 PM, ThomasTomasz said:

It's only in the club level.  They also do hotdogs, sodas and a few other snacks for those in the Dream Seats (who also have club level access with their tickets.) 

I use my Redskins Gold card to get into club level and get the free food and discount beers. My seats are upper deck.

8 hours ago, dudleyismydog said:

How many season ticket holders are is completely insignificant. Season ticket money is a drop in the bucket in terms with how the team makes/loses money. That is why they are completely indifferent and out of touch with regards to this situation. If people want to spend the money, good for them. If people don't, good for them.

Who gives a damn? Any negative feelings should be directed at this god awful regime and not other fans. I would argue that getting a stadium full of pissed off fans voicing their displeasure in some coordinated way will be ten times more effective than empty seats. Yes, by buying tickets you would be putting money in Dan Snyder's pockets, but as I described above, that is insignificant and meaningless. And for those of you who hold this position that they refuse to pay for tickets from the Redskins and only do it from Stubhub, I hate to break this to you but at least 50 percent of the tickets, especially the club seats are being listed by the Redskins. That goes for parking on Stubhub as well.

The entire front office is in a bubble and have no clue about the level of fan dissatisfaction. That is where i personally think we should direct our ire, not at each other. 

Dan Snyder only cares about one thing-   $$$$,  so I think he could care less about a stadium full of PO'd fans.  In fact he'd probably be laughing about it.... all the way to the bank.  An empty stadium is the only thing that will cause him, and maybe the NFL to take notice.

IMO- if you want change to happen here,  you need to stop supporting and propping up the current regime.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Howie411 said:

Huh?  Since when can you do that?

I have done it since they sent me an email stating that the Gold benefit is free food and cheaper beer at two spots in the club level. How else would you get that benefit if the card didnt let you into the club area. 

I have never had a problem. But i am also nice to people and that goes a long way so not sure it is official policy or I just make it work.

Just got this email. I feel like it should have come out earlier in the season, its like if folks don't know what you get by now there is an issue.    I guess they can remove the 5th quarter party party since we haven't won a game at home.

image.png.fb457cef5db2cafe599816de14711a04.png

On 11/6/2019 at 11:05 AM, dudleyismydog said:

Take it a step further.  Everyone knows that the largest portion of revenue that teams receive is from television contracts.  So when you watch games of any team, show interest in the NFL, posting to a messageboard on the Redskins website, or talking about the NFL on Facebook, you are increasing tv ratings or just generally showing that you have interest in the league.  This causes the TV networks to pay more money.  Therefore, you are lining Snyder's pockets and are also part of the "problem."  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, CTennant said:

Take it a step further.  Everyone knows that the largest portion of revenue that teams receive is from television contracts.  So when you watch games of any team, show interest in the NFL, posting to a messageboard on the Redskins website, or talking about the NFL on Facebook, you are increasing tv ratings or just generally showing that you have interest in the league.  This causes the TV networks to pay more money.  Therefore, you are lining Snyder's pockets and are also part of the "problem."  

You are right.  I need to stop watching  NFL games on TV, Stop playing fantasy football, and stop visiting  this website because all of these activities are lining Snyder’s pockets

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Picked up my signed Doug Williams Jersey as part of my Redskins Rewards points today which was great but another item wasn't there. And they asked me what I had ordered. I think I could have said anything.

They shut down the tents with Gold Member freebies because of wind but I managed to get to it inside the stadium. By time i got there though the only thing left was Notebooks which I was happy to get.

The free gloves were nice at the entrance.

They sent me through the App the winning number for the 50/50 and then showed a completely different number on the jumbo tron?! I lost both but I wonder how they handled two winners coming forward.

I skipped the fifth quarter party assuming it was mostly drinks and I had kids with me. Anybody else go?

It is like they are trying but don't quite get it all together. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Hoover-ball said:

Picked up my signed Doug Williams Jersey as part of my Redskins Rewards points today which was great but another item wasn't there. And they asked me what I had ordered. I think I could have said anything.

They shut down the tents with Gold Member freebies because of wind but I managed to get to it inside the stadium. By time i got there though the only thing left was Notebooks which I was happy to get.

They sent me through the App the winning number for the 50/50 and then showed a completely different number on the jumbo tron?! I lost both but I wonder how they handled two winners coming forward.

I skipped the fifth quarter party assuming it was mostly drinks and I had kids with me. Anybody else go?

Was Flectcher there?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hoover-ball said:

They had a band a margaritas.  More people were coming in when I left

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hoover-ball said:

I don't know if they underestimated how many season ticket holders would stop if they were giving out 1 per seat you owned.   I know someone who got 4 items and they have 4 tickets, but most people I talked to only got 1 item.  They definitely did a better job of processing if you were a gold member for this (ie they actually scanned the card on your app).  Ended up wit ha Journal, I would have preferred a jersey, but a freebie is a freebie.

• Like 1

I was there yesterday, but I did not have the app on my phone.  I tried to download the app while I was in line, but could not get it in time.  Anyways, they got my account number and are supposed to be mailing me something.  My brother was me with and he has a ticket though my account, but I don't think they are going to send him anything.  The free gloves were nice and I put them to immediate use.

I have sold my Eagles tickets on stubhub and am about to sell my Giants tickets to a co-worker who is a Skins fan.  

My brother and I are pretty much of the feeling that Snyder and/or Allen needs to be gone if we are going to renew our seats for 2020.

I have two other seats that a friend of mine buys and he did even bother to go yesterday.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, MarkB452 said:

I was there yesterday, but I did not have the app on my phone.  I tried to download the app while I was in line, but could not get it in time.  Anyways, they got my account number and are supposed to be mailing me something.  My brother was me with and he has a ticket though my account, but I don't think they are going to send him anything.  The free gloves were nice and I put them to immediate use.

I have sold my Eagles tickets on stubhub and am about to sell my Giants tickets to a co-worker who is a Skins fan.  

My brother and I are pretty much of the feeling that Snyder and/or Allen needs to be gone if we are going to renew our seats for 2020.

I have two other seats that a friend of mine buys and he did even bother to go yesterday.

What is the advantage to buying season tickets at 5-10 times the cost of tickets that could be purchased on a weekly basis. I just don't get why there are any season ticket holders at this point.

Edited by nonniey

19 minutes ago, nonniey said:

What is the advantage to buying season tickets at 5-10 times the cost of tickets that could be purchased on a weekly basis. I just don't get why there are any season ticket holders at this point.

No argument here. 

We're riding out the rest season, (sunken costs), and not going to renew,  unless Snyder fires Allen, or sells the team.

This sucks, because we love our seats, our seatmates,  and the location, but it's just not worth it.

If not for the tailgate,  we probably wouldn't go at all. If we do go to games next year, we'll buy them on the cheap. We may just buy parking passes, tailgate,  then leave.  We'll see....

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, nonniey said:

You'll always get the "what happens when they get consistently good" argument. Of course we've been waiting for that for 30 years.

The only seats which are worth close to their face value are the 200s. Otherwise, there are no real choice seats worth getting directly from the team.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

You'll always get the "what happens when they get consistently good" argument. Of course we've been waiting for that for 30 years.

The only seats which are worth close to their face value are the 200s. Otherwise, there are no real choice seats worth getting directly from the team.

They'll have a couple more in the 200's available,  next season...

3 hours ago, nonniey said:

I agree with you.  I don't see any point at all (I gave up my tickets this season after 18 years and I haven't been to a game yet, but if I were to go, I could buy the same tickets I gave up for about $15.)  But as Hoover-ball (above on this page) explained, some people really carry about the perks of season tickets (training camp access, on-field access, tradition of seats, etc.).   It's clear to anyone that financially it's not a good investment given the rock bottom prices now, but some people make that choice for legitimate reasons.  I don't agree with it, but I certainly understand it.   

• Like 1