Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Renewals

bryantlc

18 minutes ago, Howie411 said:

Just checked, my invoice is online,  same price as the last 5 or so years.   Don't see anything that says Redskins Gold.  I'm assuming we should get an official email today or monday.

https://redskinsportal.io-media.com/video/redskins-gold-video

https://redskinsportal.io-media.com/member-benefits

Once again the Redskins completely botch this- It is just stupid business practice to post the invoices before an email from the organization stating that invoices are ready and some details on what they are adding -(nothing worth spending the money for).

And this is something i find the most insulting, they add a $25 "processing fee" . It is so unbelievably arrogant to send me a $25 processing fee when all my tickets and parking passes are digital. 

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, dudleyismydog said:

Once again the Redskins completely botch this- It is just stupid business practice to post the invoices before an email from the organization stating that invoices are ready and some details on what they are adding -(nothing worth spending the money for).

And this is something i find the most insulting, they add a $25 "processing fee" . It is so unbelievably arrogant to send me a $25 processing fee when all my tickets and parking passes are digital. 

I can forgive the email thing. But I am scratching my head about the $25. In the past it was to cover the cost of the fedex. Now perhaps to cover development costs? There's a similar markup for stubhub seats, so perhaps they can get away with it. And as a percentage it's nothing. It's not like I was sold at $4500 but $4525 makes me say "OH HELL NO!". So I'm thinking it's just a way to nickel and dime a little more margin and protect it from the revenue sharing model. But I will consider it in my decision.

Having special Season Ticket Holder lines to get in and get concessions sounds awful nice. The reduced price on concessions sounds better than last year, but I bet it's the same.

59 minutes ago, dudleyismydog said:

That processing fee has always been there.   But if they they are going completely digital then that is an insult.        Also what is BS is they clearly said at the Fan Forum last year they would not be removing the hard tickets.

...and my email just arrived. When you send that many emails they have to go out in waves or they get blocked as spam.

3 minutes ago, Howie411 said:

That processing fee has always been there.   But if they they are going completely digital then that is an insult.        Also what is BS is they clearly said at the Fan Forum last year they would not be removing the hard tickets.

He was specific with his wording about 2018. I believe he said for the "upcoming season". No promises for future seasons. Still, when you go through the checkout, physical delivery in July is an option.

Also, the payment plan is now SIX payments. 

Edited by turtle2328

13 minutes ago, turtle2328 said:

...and my email just arrived. When you send that many emails they have to go out in waves or they get blocked as spam.

He was specific with his wording about 2018. I believe he said for the "upcoming season". No promises for future seasons. Still, when you go through the checkout, physical delivery in July is an option.

Also, the payment plan is now SIX payments. 

oh I missed that, but 6 payments is nicer.  I used to always call up and they would let me do 4 vs 3, so that is a plus.

16 hours ago, psu2008 said:

For the few of us that still have ST, the 2019 invoices are up on our Redskins account. STH are now part of a rebranding they are calling "Redskins Gold." SMH

You mean, "Fool's Gold".

3 hours ago, hail2skins said:

I'm not a STH, but I'm assuming parking is the same as well at $50?  I knew there was no chance Dan would raise ticket prices, but was wondering if he'd have the chutzpah to increase parking, since that has stayed the same since 2016.

Typically at least one of three things go up every year:  Tickets, Parking, or Beer.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kwitt said:

I hope you guys enjoy your season tickets.  I hate to criticize you and don't want to rob you of what brings you joy in going to games.  But all of you are contributing to things never changing here.  It is the hard and sad truth.

🙄Let me guess your apart of society that believes change happens by tweeting hashtags.  I put any Skins fans that show up and support the team win or lose over any fake fan who stays home and blogs all day.  That's the real truth

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, hogdirty said:

🙄Let me guess your apart of society that believes change happens by tweeting hashtags.  I put any Skins fans that show up and support the team win or lose over any fake fan who stays home and blogs all day.  That's the real truth

I am not a fake fan.  I care so much it hurts  (or at least it used to) and now I have entered the apathy phase where I realize there is no hope.  I knew I would come off as a bit of a D-Bag with what I said and that is fine.  Just stating what really is the truth.  There is no hope as things currently exist.  It's great you show up and cheer them on.  The ONLY thing that would ever make an impact is if the fans continue to not show up and support this team and it's owner.

It is such a sad state of affairs but it is reality.  I have even gotten excited when there has been talk recently of Dan moving the team if he can't get a new stadium deal.   Or perhaps the even more extreme scenario where the NFL steps in and wrestles the franchise away from Snyder.  That is where I am now.  Hoping the team either moves or has the league take it over from out idiot owner.  So pathetic.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, hogdirty said:

I put any Skins fans that show up and support the team win or lose over any fake fan who stays home and blogs all day. 

At this point I'd put them on the short bus regardless of how hard the other fans pound away at their keyboards.

On 2/23/2019 at 12:42 PM, kwitt said:

I hope you guys enjoy your season tickets.  I hate to criticize you and don't want to rob you of what brings you joy in going to games.  But all of you are contributing to things never changing here.  It is the hard and sad truth.

i agree with this completely.  Actually, following the NFL at all contributes as every team gets a significant piece of the national money.  Watching any game theoretically increases the ratings for the league which Snyder gets a piece of.  Posting here or on Facebook or anywhere shows Interest in the team and the league.  That interest is used by the league when negotiating rights fees.  It is the hard and sad truth that anything you do relative to the league puts money into the pockets of Snyder, Jones, Mara, Kraft (and by extension his prostitutes), Luria, and all of the other owners.  So if you really want to stick it to Snyder, treat the NFL the way the majority of this country treats soccer.  Anything else is just a half measure.

On 2/23/2019 at 4:11 PM, hogdirty said:

A fan isn't "fake" just because he or she stays home and blogs all day.  Or because they no longer want to financially support an organization that is among the top five worst run in all of sports, one that simply refuses to do what it takes to win (hire and empower a real GM).  A fan can still support the team "win or lose" without buying season tickets. 

We all have our reasons for renewing, or not renewing.  I personally am not renewing this season because what's the point?  I can just get seats in my section on ticketmaster and not have to pay for preaseason and the crappy games at the end of the year.  Does that make me less of a fan?   I'm still supporting the team and rooting for them but I'm choosing to not waste money this year on games I don't attend.  But I know people (the guy who sits next to me at games) who's renewing his three seats because he just can't stand the idea of not having them in his family, even though he knows it makes no financial sense.  That works for him, same as it works for the guy who's not renewing because he hates Bruce Allen, as I do.   

We all have our reasons.  I think the only lesson is not to take advice on how "change happens" in society from a guy who doesn't know the difference between "your" and "you're."      

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Coach Janky Spanky said:

A fan isn't "fake" just because he or she stays home and blogs all day.  Or because they no longer want to financially support an organization that is among the top five worst run in all of sports, one that simply refuses to do what it takes to win (hire and empower a real GM).  A fan can still support the team "win or lose" without buying season tickets. 

We all have our reasons for renewing, or not renewing.  I personally am not renewing this season because what's the point?  I can just get seats in my section on ticketmaster and not have to pay for preaseason and the crappy games at the end of the year.  Does that make me less of a fan?   I'm still supporting the team and rooting for them but I'm choosing to not waste money this year on games I don't attend.  But I know people (the guy who sits next to me at games) who's renewing his three seats because he just can't stand the idea of not having them in his family, even though he knows it makes no financial sense.  That works for him, same as it works for the guy who's not renewing because he hates Bruce Allen, as I do.   

We all have our reasons.  I think the only lesson is not to take advice on how "change happens" in society from a guy who doesn't know the difference between "your" and "you're."      

This thread seems about info on season ticket renewals but the miserable fans come in to troll. 

You all can cry all you want, but I can only see “fans” that say season tickets holders are a part of the problem or would rather their team relocate as nothing but FAKE.   I understand the reasons people don’t get seasons tickets financial/travel whatever but I love going to the games and I’m not sorry about it.

• Like 1

On 2/15/2019 at 2:13 PM, MarkB452 said:

You mean, "Fool's Gold".

Typically at least one of three things go up every year:  Tickets, Parking, or Beer.

None of the prices for these items have gone up in years.  Beer is actually 4 dollars at the Budlight endzone until kickoff but I just buy my own beer and tailgate

49 minutes ago, hogdirty said:

None of the prices for these items have gone up in years.  Beer is actually 4 dollars at the Budlight endzone until kickoff but I just buy my own beer and tailgate

Parking did increase from $40 to $50 in 2016...….that's the last increase I know of.

I don't like to get involved in the debates on whether buying season tickets is worth it or whether the people who choose to buy season tickets are somehow "contributing to the problem." To each his/her own, IMO.  I do think that those who bought tickets, STH or not, in the club and upper levels last season did not get to experience what the stadium experience should be about, with the exception of the Dallas game. In order to try to increase attendance in those levels, I believe the Skins will have to go back to dumping tickets on the secondary market...….which upsets STH in those areas when they find out that their neighbors pay a fraction of what they paid. But, cest la vie. 

On 2/24/2019 at 9:52 PM, Howie411 said:

Shrug! I renewed.  I'm still thankful the the trip to the Pro Bowl I won from the Redskins Reward program last year.   That easily paid for my upper level seats 2x over.

I am in the same exact boat! I have gotten fed and played catch with Gary Clark, been there for first interview with Alex Smith in the locker room, Special ST practice with BBQ, besides autographed items etc. 

Last year the all inclusive free trip to the Bahamas with Doug Williams really covered my upper deck tickets. I hope noone renews so I get more free stuff!!!

• Like 1

We are renewing.

I don't blame, or judge, anyone who doesn't renew. To each his own.

We love our seats,  undercover on the Skins side, and we have great camaraderie with the people around us.

Our tailgate is off the hook, and we can't imagine not attending games.

We could probably get them cheaper, on the secondary market, but I don't care. It's discretionary spending and we can afford it. 

BTW, if you want the 6-payment plan, you need to do so before March the 15th. After that, it's a 4-payment plan.

Edited by Skinsfan1311