Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Renewals

bryantlc

Question for longtime fans: How often/many times were there Giants, Skins, & Eagles fans at RFK? I watch old youtube videos of Redskins games. When the opposing team scored, you don't hear much cheering whatsoever.

The issue the Redskins face is that A) They are garbage. B) Location & stadium as a whole sucks. C) The Wiz & Nats have been competitive lately. Caps also won the cup. Regardless, it'll always be a football town. It's just not gonna be as Skins obsessed as it once was.

Edited by Skins8989

24 minutes ago, Skins8989 said:

Question for longtime fans: How often/many times were there Giants, Skins, & Eagles fans at RFK? I watch old youtube videos of Redskins games. When the opposing team scored, you don't hear much cheering whatsoever.

The issue the Redskins face is that A) They are garbage. B) Location & stadium as a whole sucks. C) The Wiz & Nats have been competitive lately. Caps also won the cup. Regardless, it'll always be a football town. It's just not gonna be as Skins obsessed as it once was.

I only went to about 10 games at RFK from 1986-1996, so there are probably others who can give a better answer. From the times I was there, I don't remember there being a lot of opposing fans. Now having said that, I don't remember there being a lot of opposing fans at FedEx for, say, its first decade, through the end of Gibbs 2.0.  A lot of the opposing fan presence for a lot of games is behind the visitors bench in the lower level. I sat in that area the first two years FedEx was open and there were not nearly close to as many opposing fans in the section I sat in that there seem to be now.

The stadium and its location are far from ideal but sometimes I think are unfairly maligned. The main culprit is the losing which has taken its toll, and the competition that the other sports teams, particularly the Caps and Nats, provide for people's dollars do not help the situation. 

3 hours ago, hail2skins said:

I only went to about 10 games at RFK from 1986-1996, so there are probably others who can give a better answer. From the times I was there, I don't remember there being a lot of opposing fans.

As an Eagles fan, I went to one game at RFK. It was the season opener in '86. Buddy Ryan's first game. The game where Randall Cunningham "quick kicked" on third down from his own endzone and punted the ball into the back of one of his offensive guards. The Skins won handily. It was an unpleasant experience (for me.) I do not remember much of an Eagles fans presence there that day at all. I've been to FedEx about a dozen times for Eagles games, and there has always been a lot more Eagles fans there than there were that day in '86.

14 hours ago, turtle2328 said:

1. I've got evidence supporting that did in fact work in all but the Eagles game. It's not the best evidence, but it's an excellent indicator.

2. They didn't really. We covered this in the other thread. Market value of the lower bowl is actually higher than the club level. That's gotta stop right? 

They should do it something like the the NHL's Knights. Sell the tickets to you and I at a discount, we agree not to re-sell them. If there's a resale, they stop selling us tickets. That protects their product in the middle rows. The upstairs could be used to generate goodwill and interest among the younger generations, military, first responders, etc. 

What they need to do is what the Caps did for a while.  They had 2 different STM prices.  1 for Renewals and 1 for new folks.   So if you renewed you got a bigger discount on your tickets then new season ticket holders.   And new season ticket holders got a bigger discount then gate prices.   Obviously that the Caps don't do this anymore cause they are the hot team in town.

On a side note I'd love to be able to see available see before committing to renewing.   I'm in the upper deck row 1 in the corner Endzone.  My rep told me there was a lot of seats in row 1 or 2 closer to the 50 that they were "holding"   Not sure whatever happened to those seats, but its pretty much BS they were holding seats that I'd be interested in moving to.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Howie411 said:

What they need to do is what the Caps did for a while.  They had 2 different STM prices.  1 for Renewals and 1 for new folks.   So if you renewed you got a bigger discount on your tickets then new season ticket holders.   And new season ticket holders got a bigger discount then gate prices.   Obviously that the Caps don't do this anymore cause they are the hot team in town.

On a side note I'd love to be able to see available see before committing to renewing.   I'm in the upper deck row 1 in the corner Endzone.  My rep told me there was a lot of seats in row 1 or 2 closer to the 50 that they were "holding"   Not sure whatever happened to those seats, but its pretty much BS they were holding seats that I'd be interested in moving to.

You should move downstairs :)

Everyone in the lower bowl should be season ticket holders that attend pretty much every game. The ticket office needs to price them and have restrictions to make that happen. Even if it's not the path to the highest short term revenue, it'll lead to a better experience and a path to growing the fan base. It would protect the long term viability of their product (in-person football). The payoff for the short term (and long term) is the 3-6 point impact it'd have on every home game. 

If the goal of the organization is to win, this is an obvious move they simply must make. If winning is your goal, those seats are better empty than with an opposing team fan in them.

Edited by turtle2328
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, turtle2328 said:

Everyone in the lower bowl should be season ticket holders that attend pretty much every game. The ticket office needs to price them and have restrictions to make that happen.

How is that going to happen?!?  What pricing and what restrictions?  There aren't enough Redskins fans attending games to fill the lower bowl.  I wish people would start to understand that.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Coach Janky Spanky said:

How is that going to happen?!?  What pricing and what restrictions?  There aren't enough Redskins fans attending games to fill the lower bowl.  I wish people would start to understand that.  

Reduced pricing and increased restrictions on resale (like the Knights did). Perhaps there'd be more fans attending if the price were right (and other things, but that's a big one).

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, turtle2328 said:

You should move downstairs :)

Everyone in the lower bowl should be season ticket holders that attend pretty much every game. The ticket office needs to price them and have restrictions to make that happen. Even if it's not the path to the highest short term revenue, it'll lead to a better experience and a path to growing the fan base. It would protect the long term viability of their product (in-person football). The payoff for the short term (and long term) is the 3-6 point impact it'd have on every home game. 

If the goal of the organization is to win, this is an obvious move they simply must make. If winning is your goal, those seats are better empty than with an opposing team fan in them.

There's one thing that will lead to a better experience and growing the fan base and protecting the viability of the product.   Winning.   That's it.    So, what's the easiest path to winning?   

Try to fill the lower bowl with Redskins fans only (which I contend is impossible) --->  to get a 3-6 point impact (which I contend is exaggerated with a half full stadium or even a mostly full one) ----> win more games based on the 3-6 point impact ----> get more fan interest ----> better fan experience

OR

Hire a real team president who hires a real quality football GM with 100% final say on the roster who also hires the coach who hires the assistants -----> winning ----> better fan experience and growth of fan base and long term viability of product.

I'd say it's the latter.   And until the Redskins start acting like a competent organization, they will never have long-term sustained success.  Sustained success will lead to inspired fans, home field advantage, etc.   Artificially trying to improve home field advantage for a bottom of the barrel team run by incompetent football people with things like whatever the Vegas Knights did, rather than actually building a winning team, seems like doing things in reverse.  

5 hours ago, turtle2328 said:

Reduced pricing and increased restrictions on resale (like the Knights did). Perhaps there'd be more fans attending if the price were right (and other things, but that's a big one).

I'm not familiar with how the Knights did it would seem difficult, especially in the current environment.  There are thousands and thousands of seats available on the primary market in the lower bowl.  A fan of any other team can walk up to the FedEx window on game day and purchase a seat in the lower bowl.   Who and where are all these phantom fans waiting to fill the lower bowl?    I've been in the upper bowl since 1998.   But I'm out now.  Not renewing.    Not necessarily because I have no hope in the franchise (I haven't for years) or because of traffic or parking (it's been bad for years) but because why the heck would I pay for preseason and 10 parking passes and and 1-2 games I can't or don't want to attend, when I can easily log onto ticketmaster and purchase my same exact seats for the game I want to go to.  

I think people misunderestimate the gravity of the situation.   It was only a year or two ago that some poster on this board was trying to convince people (including me) not to sell our tickets on stubhub because opposing fans might buy them.   Many people didn't seem to realize that the team was selling thousands and thousands of tickets to brokers, who were then dumping them onto the market, resulting in the influx of opposing fans.   At least this year the organization had the fortitude and honesty to admit what had been clear to all of us for several years -- that there was no season ticket waiting list.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Skins8989 said:

No - but it was different.

1 - The stadium only sat 54k,  If Fed Ex only sat 54k it would be 100% full every game, 90% redskins STH. even now.

2- Skins were winning.  

3- Because it was small -because it was always sold out, and because there was no stub hub, buying tickets without being a Season ticket holder was very expensive!  Getting redskins tickets was a treat and a event!

(Also - there were less die hard fans of other teams in the area.  With no Sunday ticket, with no internet, it was very hard to follow a sports team that was not local. Cowboys were the exception as they were a "national" team so to speak.  

30 minutes ago, Coach Janky Spanky said:

At least this year the organization had the fortitude and honesty to admit what had been clear to all of us for several years -- that there was no season ticket waiting list.  

I bet Dan and Bruce wish that wasn't admitted.  Probably the main reason the marketing guys were dumped.

49 minutes ago, Coach Janky Spanky said:

There are thousands and thousands of seats available on the primary market in the lower bowl.  A fan of any other team can walk up to the FedEx window on game day and purchase a seat in the lower bowl.   Who and where are all these phantom fans waiting to fill the lower bowl?   

Is this true? I didn't pay enough attention to the inventory on Ticketmaster (through the Redskins website) this year to see the availability of tickets for each game. I know that there were a number of games where you had some rows in the upper part of the lower bowl end zone sections that were available or sat empty on game days.

Otherwise, there really wasn't an issue this season filling the lower bowl. Again, the big concentration of opposing fans is on the lower bowl visitors side. I have a suspicion that a lot of those seats are not individual STH, but might be held by larger entities that make the seats available to their employees, and those workers who are fans of the opposition acquire them. But can't say for sure. 

16 minutes ago, Ashburn Dave said:

I bet Dan and Bruce wish that wasn't admitted.  Probably the main reason the marketing guys were dumped.

The waiting list was debunked seven years ago when they started yanking seats out of the stadium. The marketing guys probably got dumped because you had half-full club and upper levels. 

Edited by hail2skins

5 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Is this true? I didn't pay enough attention to the inventory on Ticketmaster (through the Redskins website) this year to see the availability of tickets for each game. I know that there were a number of games where you had some rows in the upper part of the end zone sections that were available or sat empty on game days.

Yes.   When the team announced in late August that tickets were available for sale from the team on ticketmaster, I checked all eight games and was shocked to see how many available.   The largest numbers in the lower bowl were in the endzone and corners.   In some cases, there were hundreds of tickets available in each section.   Entire rows of seats were unsold.  Again, this is primary market, from the Redskins, not re-sale.  I checked ticketmaster the day before the season opener.  Bruce Allen had claimed in an interview that he was expecting a sellout.  But it was clear that wasn't the case, as there were still many lower bowl sections with dozens and dozens of unsold seats.   I went to the season opener and it really very noticeable in the lower bowl.  

In the upper level, it was even more dramatic.  In my section alone (454) there were 120 or so seats available.  I remember being pissed because when I'd checked upgrade possibilities in May, there were only a few available.   But then on ticketmaster there were four seats 10 rows down from mine, right on the aisle.  

28 minutes ago, Coach Janky Spanky said:

There's one thing that will lead to a better experience and growing the fan base and protecting the viability of the product.   Winning.   That's it.    So, what's the easiest path to winning?   

Try to fill the lower bowl with Redskins fans only (which I contend is impossible) --->  to get a 3-6 point impact (which I contend is exaggerated with a half full stadium or even a mostly full one) ----> win more games based on the 3-6 point impact ----> get more fan interest ----> better fan experience

OR

Hire a real team president who hires a real quality football GM with 100% final say on the roster who also hires the coach who hires the assistants -----> winning ----> better fan experience and growth of fan base and long term viability of product.

I'd say it's the latter.   And until the Redskins start acting like a competent organization, they will never have long-term sustained success.  Sustained success will lead to inspired fans, home field advantage, etc.   Artificially trying to improve home field advantage for a bottom of the barrel team run by incompetent football people with things like whatever the Vegas Knights did, rather than actually building a winning team, seems like doing things in reverse.  

I'm not familiar with how the Knights did it would seem difficult, especially in the current environment.  There are thousands and thousands of seats available on the primary market in the lower bowl.  A fan of any other team can walk up to the FedEx window on game day and purchase a seat in the lower bowl.   Who and where are all these phantom fans waiting to fill the lower bowl?    I've been in the upper bowl since 1998.   But I'm out now.  Not renewing.    Not necessarily because I have no hope in the franchise (I haven't for years) or because of traffic or parking (it's been bad for years) but because why the heck would I pay for preseason and 10 parking passes and and 1-2 games I can't or don't want to attend, when I can easily log onto ticketmaster and purchase my same exact seats for the game I want to go to.  

I think people misunderestimate the gravity of the situation.   It was only a year or two ago that some poster on this board was trying to convince people (including me) not to sell our tickets on stubhub because opposing fans might buy them.   Many people didn't seem to realize that the team was selling thousands and thousands of tickets to brokers, who were then dumping them onto the market, resulting in the influx of opposing fans.   At least this year the organization had the fortitude and honesty to admit what had been clear to all of us for several years -- that there was no season ticket waiting list.  

There's nothing saying you can't look for an advantage from the ticket office in addition to looking for an edge from the front office and the coaching staff. The entire organization should do whatever they can to help the team win. 

The dynamics of the tickets are indeed perverse. Someone who buys/attends every game should have a better rate and preferential treatment vs. an opposing team fan. They should fix it. The steps they took this past season made a huge difference. The secondary market isn't pennies on the dollar has it has been in recent years.  It wasn't enough and they should continue to make a concerted effort towards protecting home field advantage. 

34 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Is this true? I didn't pay enough attention to the inventory on Ticketmaster (through the Redskins website) this year to see the availability of tickets for each game. I know that there were a number of games where you had some rows in the upper part of the lower bowl end zone sections that were available or sat empty on game days.

Otherwise, there really wasn't an issue this season filling the lower bowl. Again, the big concentration of opposing fans is on the lower bowl visitors side. I have a suspicion that a lot of those seats are not individual STH, but might be held by larger entities that make the seats available to their employees, and those workers who are fans of the opposition acquire them. But can't say for sure. 

The waiting list was debunked seven years ago when they started yanking seats out of the stadium. The marketing guys probably got dumped because you had half-full club and upper levels. 

On average there were something like 20k seats (1/4) available on any given Sunday. Most of those were upstairs but there were plenty of seats for sale in excellent locations in all but section 242. In fairness, I NEVER checked the Loge or Suites. And maybe those had something to do with Mr. Lafamina's departure. Whatever the case, it's a real shame because he cared about the long term viability of the season ticket product and I, for one, appreciated his efforts. 

17 minutes ago, turtle2328 said:

On average there were something like 20k seats (1/4) available on any given Sunday. 

20K seats available per what source? Ticketmaster? Stubhub? A combo of both?

Or are you saying there were 20K seats vacant in the seating bowl?

I can tell you that I'd look on Stubhub in select corner club level sections the week before games. There'd be like 10 seats available in a section that holds, say, 300.  Then gameday happens and I'd look at those sections and there'd be 60 seats occupied in the whole section. Doesn't sound like they were made available to me. 

2 hours ago, hail2skins said:

20K seats available per what source? Ticketmaster? Stubhub? A combo of both?

Or are you saying there were 20K seats vacant in the seating bowl?

I can tell you that I'd look on Stubhub in select corner club level sections the week before games. There'd be like 10 seats available in a section that holds, say, 300.  Then gameday happens and I'd look at those sections and there'd be 60 seats occupied in the whole section. Doesn't sound like they were made available to me. 

Maybe they weren't selling them on any site. I didn't try to tally them all up. Can you think of a reason why they'd have them open, un-tarped, and not try to sell them?

We do see the average was about 60k (not sure if it's ticket sold or actual attendance) which leaves roughly 20k tickets open each game. That's roughly 1/4 open. There's only that one section that never had open seats. My choice section was more like 1/15 and some of those upper sections were more like 1/1. Still, there really wasn't any concern about getting any kind of seat you wanted. That combined with our price tracking supports Coach Janky Spanky's point. He can get the seats he wants to every game he wants to attend. Because he's not paying for pre-season and the games where we're mathematically eliminated, he's coming out ahead even after the ticketing fees. So indeed, why would he pay a premium to get the package?

I'm 100% with him on this point. There should be a bulk discount. His/our extreme patronage should carry an incentive or reward. Maybe a penalty too. Maybe the incentive to buy the package, like it used to be, should be that's the only way you can get them. But as a paying customer, I'm cool with them dropping the price and restricting resale. After all, I buy them because I want to go.

Yeah, I'd say at least 95 percent of the vacant seats were in the club and upper decks.

Last time the Skins changed prices for tickets (an increase) was announced in late Jan 2013. Last time they changed parking prices (an increase from 40 to 50) was announced in early March 2016.

And the three years they removed seats from the upper deck (2011, 2012, and 2015), it was pretty much known by Draft Day (late April).

I'd also like to see the Redskins lower prices across the board. But my guess....and of course I could be wrong......was that they'll go back to selling to brokers, in order to at least mitigate as much as possible the embarrassment of many empty seats . 

1 hour ago, hail2skins said:

I'd also like to see the Redskins lower prices across the board. But my guess....and of course I could be wrong......was that they'll go back to selling to brokers, in order to at least mitigate as much as possible the embarrassment of many empty seats . 

That's my concern too.  If the secondary market returns to how it was in 2017 they'll lose all their season ticket holders. Their best hope will be a neutral field for the most relevant games.

If a team will actively sell their tickets to opposing fans who will eagerly undermine their on field efforts, the team doesn't care about their on field efforts. I don't see how anyone could care about a team that doesn't care about their own fans or itself. 

So you still think Dan Snyder cares about the fans?

People actually still believed in the "Waiting List" hoax until they told you there was no waiting list?

Removing 10s of thousands of seats and still raising the prices of the remaining seats didn't tell you anything about that?

For Real?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SkinsFTW said:

So you still think Dan Snyder cares about the fans?

People actually still believed in the "Waiting List" hoax until they told you there was no waiting list?

Removing 10s of thousands of seats and still raising the prices of the remaining seats didn't tell you anything about that?

For Real?

It's hard for me to think Dan Snyder doesn't care about the fans because I believe he is himself a fan. And not just some run of the mill guy that says he likes the team, but like a total crazy man kind of fan.

The man is a billionaire. If he put all his money in a run of the mill checking account he'd likely make more money in a year than everyone posting on this thread combined in their entire lifetimes. He can do whatever he wants, whenever he wants, with pretty much anyone he wants. 

Yet he still rolls out of bed for the Redskins. I don't think he bats an eye at ticket pricing or sales strategies. That's boring. He's got VP's of ticket sales and a high priced marketing departments for that. I don't think he sues ticket lease holders. He's got lawyers for that. He enjoys food, but does he cook? My hunch is, he's got a chef for that. But when his team wins a big game you better believe he's jumpin' around. I guess he could pay me to do that, but some things you have to do yourself am I right? Anything that isn't fun or palatable, he doesn't get involved. Because... why would he?

If I'm right, and he's in this for the love the team, then yes I believe he does. That doesn't mean the VP of sales who makes his living by selling tickets has the same pure motivations. He's got to feed his family. I'm pretty sure if that means selling tickets to Eagles fans, he's going to do it. So the VP needs his incentives aligned to Mr. Snyder's goals - that is to say, he needs incentives to give the team every edge possible over maximum short term revenues. But is Mr. Snyder even setting those incentives? I'm pretty sure he's pretty far removed from that. It's too boring. So you've got to reach a level or even two down from Mr. Snyder.

At least publicly, Lafamina seemed to be the guy he/we wanted. He reported directly to Mr. Snyder, NOT BRUCE, and was supposed to have control over this type of stuff.  He was taking a long term view that valued viability of the season ticket product over short term revenue. I can't really say why he's gone but his departure concerns me about if they'll have the stomach and foresight to continue his approach.

• Haha 1

I’ve been a season ticket holder for 13 years now. I definitely appreciate the changes Mr. Lafemina made. They were steps in the right direction to respecting us STHs. Discounts on food, honesty on ticket availability, the open-view bar area at the endzone and some action to slow/stop selling tickets via resale (StubHub, Ticketmaster) for extremely low prices. I am very concerned about his firing. 

I am one of those fans who did not attend the Eagles game. I could have gone, but really wasn’t excited about it. I asked my friend who was planning to go with me and she said she’d go if I did, but wasn’t too into it. So I sold them on StubHub at full price. That NEVER has happened to me before this year. If I didn’t want to go to a game, neither did anyone else, and tickets were going for $7 and such on StubHub. If I can sell my tickets at full price next year, I’d consider keeping them. I know they always do something to make me think we have a chance in the off-season (this year, Smith, Payne, and Guice). But I just can’t justify the cost for those times when I can’t or just plain don’t want to go. I know that pisses off the die-hards here (and believe me, I’m a die-hard by everyone outside of this thread’s standards), but I’m being real here. Because that’s what we need to do. Be real. 

So here’s reality the way I see it. Contrary to many, I don’t think striving to “just win” is going to solve this team’s fan issues. In all likelihood, this team is never going to be a winner under Dan Snyder’s leadership. He’s had almost 20 years to prove me wrong. The only time I had a real feeling we might have a real winner on our hands was in RG3’s first year. Even in Cousins second year, it seemed like just good luck we got a playoff game, not an actual good team. Thus, we have to become a fan base that accepts its team as losers and still roots for them. How does that happen? By engendering good will to players. Hiring people who are good folks that we are invested in personally, who try their damnedest, whether they win or not. Dan Snyder has shown he has no interest in this either, most recently by firing Lafemina and Swearinger. 

If my relationship with the Skins were with a person, my friends would all tell me it’s toxic, abusive. The Skins management doesn’t care about me. They never apologize. They treat me like s-it and try to make it up to me the next day (offseason) by telling me it’ll never happen again and this time it’s going to be different. I know I shouldn’t accept this treatment but I still do. How long will I? I’m really not sure. 

Joy

P.S. Or maybe we’re just cursed because of the name. 😉

• Like 2

Here is what is going to happen that will affect tickets and a strategy for getting your tickets at reduced cost if you feel like you must have Season tickets

In order for the Redskins plan to stop selling deeply discounted tickets to large scale brokers in an effort (not to reduce secondary market selling) but to make secondary market prices comparable to what STH are paying for their tickets at face value. These brokers get their tickets at 80 percecnt off and with that they can sell the tickets at 20 bucks and make a profit and the Redskins can then say hey we have a sell out. With the black out rules changed, some NFL teams stopped going this route and if you are going to go this route, in order for it to work you have to accept the fact that you will not sell out and you will get crowds like the Redskins get unless you have a consistent winner. Even with a consistent winner, you probably arent goingn to sell out a 80K stadium for most games. Just look at the playoff tickets for Kansas City who adopted the same policy of not selling to brokers a couple years back. They dont sell out and they are a consistent winner. Plenty of tickets can be had from the Chiefs at face value for their first playoff game despite them being arguably one of the best NFL markets and one of the most exciting teams to watch. 

I liked that guy Lafamina (sp?) but he definitely sugar coated the situation on all of his radio and tv interviews prior to the season about the ticket situation saying only we want to reward our STH and keep tickets out of opposing teams fans which wasnt true. He should have been up front about how many tickets were available (rather than say waitlist  is no more). By not doing this, that Colts game was so jarring when we all saw all the open seats.

We have **** here. Nothing but **** and due to an itchy trigger finger and bad stadium optics due to this new policy, I would imagine Snyder will revert back to selling to brokers and the STH value will be crap unless you have good seats. And even those I would argue arent worth it when you factor in the two preseason games. There really isnt any reason to sign up for the whole package. My guess is we will see the Redskins next season tout how much more people are going to the games next year and how many more tickets they have sold. The problem those tickets will be sold at 20 percent cost and even 25 percent off a hot dog wont make up for the disparity in what you are paying for your Season Ticket as to Joe Shmo sitting right next to you.

If you really want to have season tickets, this is what I have done the past few years. Treat the Redskins like a cable company. Dont re up your tickets when the invoices come out in the spring. Tell them to F off. Wait until just before the first preseason game and on one of the several calls you will get from Season ticket reps (and you will get calls) tell them you will re up your tickets if you dont have to pay for preseason tickets, preseason parking and you would like free tickets to whatever events are going on at Fed Ex Field during the months of August and September. I think this year I got the Terps game and a soccer game for free along with free parking. I was able to easily sell all of these items which greatly reduced the cost of my tickets to almost half of what my normal rate would be. 

• Thanks 1

On 1/4/2019 at 10:59 AM, Coach Janky Spanky said:

Offer a deep discount to a non-transferable e-ticket that requires a drivers license to get in.  They did this with the U2 concert for the floor a few years ago and it worked fine. It would be hard to make every ticket non-transferable but lets say that at least one ticket per pair was non-transferible . that way STH's who attend every game can take friends as they like in the other seat. 

They should also close the upper deck completely for a few years, whcih would make tickets hard to get once again, and that would draw more fans because fo the scarcity. Ownership is obviously in it for the long play, and while having the upper deck open may get short returns for big matchups, the better money would be to solidly the STH fanbase downstairs once again. 

• Like 1