Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Renewals

bryantlc

You aren't missing anything, as part of the naming rights for the club level, the Skins sell a ton of club tickets specifically through stubhub and they price it as such where it would make more sense to buy through Stubhub rather than ticketmaster... Teams been doing this for several years now.

I believe the team cut out all Brokers this year which is why you see all the empty seats. In the past, team would sell these seats at 70-80 percent off to Brokers who in turn could sell them for dirt cheap and still make a buck. With no fear of a tv blackout now, the Skins realized there was no point in saying they had this wait list or a sell out. All the empty seats at fed ex field aren't an all of a sudden middle finger at Dan Snyder, but just a change in sales philosophy.

If Redskins sell 60K seats at regular cost to fans, they will make just as much even more than they did in the past selling 20-30K seats at such a discounted rate to brokers. 

1 hour ago, Grumpy Vet said:

When I go to Stubhub directly - they have a crapton available for less than half of Ticketmaster.  

What am I missing here?

>> Don't buy from Ticket Master/The Redskins.  BTW, The Texans side will be on the sunny side of the field, so focus on sections 319-323.  Don't forget to get a parking pass....you will need it.   I would buy the tickets first, then buy a parking pass near where the seats are.

Anyone else having issues find the Redzone on the NFL app?  Pretty sure it was there when the season started but I can't find it now.   When I click on Setting in the App, my Season Ticket Holder account is logged in,  but under subscriptions for NFL Redzone is has a greyed out active (unlike Game Pass which is highlighted blue.

Is anybody else seeing Redskins tickets on Stubhub with a 25% fee for the buyer?  I am willing to bet that these are tickets that the team is selling via stubhub and they are attempting to stick the buyer with what would normally be the seller's fee.  I noticed this last week while pricing Carolina tickets for my cousin.

2 hours ago, Howie411 said:

Anyone else having issues find the Redzone on the NFL app?  Pretty sure it was there when the season started but I can't find it now.   When I click on Setting in the App, my Season Ticket Holder account is logged in,  but under subscriptions for NFL Redzone is has a greyed out active (unlike Game Pass which is highlighted blue.

Yep having the same issue

• 3 weeks later...

I’m trying to sell a parking pass to someone out of the area.

Anyone tried this yet with the digital ticketing?  Looks like I have to transfer it using their email address and they have to print it out. 

Noticed that I cannot sell the passes on Ticketmaster or StubHub.  

• 1 month later...
On 10/1/2018 at 12:16 PM, just654 said:

Yep having the same issue

My Friend just got an email from the Redskins that says  Mini-Plan available.   NY and Eagles - Guaranteed Playoff Priority.  Plans start as low as $70.   Now either that is poorly worded or somehow they are now selling tickets for $35 a ticket per game to hit that $70 mark.

9 hours ago, Howie411 said:

My Friend just got an email from the Redskins that says  Mini-Plan available.   NY and Eagles - Guaranteed Playoff Priority.  Plans start as low as $70.   Now either that is poorly worded or somehow they are now selling tickets for $35 a ticket per game to hit that $70 mark.

$70 per ticket per game. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/23/2018 at 8:10 PM, Howie411 said:

Curious to see what the Redskins do come renewal time.  Its usually at the end of January.  In the past early renewal got you extra Redskins Reward points.  Not sure that is going to work this year.

How/why do you think it'd be different?

23 hours ago, turtle2328 said:

How/why do you think it'd be different?

The reason why he is "not sure that is going to work this year" (and I agree) is that the game is up.   

The only reason I've renewed in the past five years or so was because the Redskins were, somehow, able to successfully sell the idea of scarcity, that tickets were somehow in demand.  That, sure, you'd be able to get into the building but if you don't have season tickets you won't be able to sit where you want, when you want.   I've been in the same section (sideline UL) since 1998 and I like having those same seats and being near the same guys ever year.   I will not be renewing this season.  After 19 years.  I'm out.  But I plan to go to 5-6 games a year.   I'm just gonna buy tickets on ticketmaster.  And not have to pay for preseason and for the 2-3 games I don't want to go to.  

That's why the Redskins Reward points for early renewal will not work this season.   I think more people like me aren't going to renew because they can buy tickets for the games they want to go to, for those exact seats, without having to pay for preseason.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, ThomasTomasz said:

Early thoughts on any of you guys renewing or not?  I am on the fence like I was after the GMSM debacle.  Even more on the fence if they keep this current program where I can buy tickets to specific games. 

Absolutely not renewing (have had tickets since FedEx opened and have been UL on the 50 since 2003.)

As pissed off as I am at the organization, my reasons are practical:  why renew and be forced to buy preseason, 10 parking passes, and games late in December that I have no interest in going to because we'll be 6-9 at the time?    There's no reason.  I can log onto ticketmaster with my buddies in June or whenever they start selling tickets and buy those exact same seats for face value for the 4 to 6 games I want to go to.   Or I those are gone, I can buy the tickets around me, which were available on ticketmaster for face value basically every game.  I can still buy my seats, sit with the same people, have the same view, but without the downside.   

I predict many people will have this same approach.  Once I learned in August that there were thousands and thousands of seats available on the primary market, I decided not to renew for 2019.   It had nothing to do with the team's performance.  If that were the reason, I'd had bailed years ago.  

• Like 2

14 hours ago, ThomasTomasz said:

Early thoughts on any of you guys renewing or not?  I am on the fence like I was after the GMSM debacle.  Even more on the fence if they keep this current program where I can buy tickets to specific games. 

I didn't renew last year for all the obvious reasons and was so glad we did especially near the end of the season.

They would have to get rid of Bruce first before I would even entertain being a ticket holder again.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ThomasTomasz said:

I wasn’t going to last year but someone wanted the whole season so I did. 

I do not think they’re going to want them this year. If they do I’ll get them. I’ve been done since they fired GMSM though. This organization is a pathetic joke. 

• Like 1

On 1/1/2019 at 10:08 PM, ThomasTomasz said:

I believe I'll renew. They did a lot this year to recapture home field advantage. My hope is, they continue the effort. The Eagles game was wholly unacceptable from a season ticket holder's perspective. But one game is WAY better than in recent years. If they revert to selling to ticket brokers and the market goes back to the $0.10 on the dollar, they won't see me in 2020.

Here's the thing, if they lose me as a season ticket holder it means I'm only buying tickets to playoff games and/or the super bowl. The biggest selling points to buying tickets is the euphoria of the crowd. If I can't get that on any given Sunday, I'm not paying for it.

The next biggest selling point is having an impact on the game. If there aren't 60k+ cheering fans, the fans can't have an impact and I feel like I'm pissing in the ocean - impact = 0. Being the lone guy yelling his face off makes you feel like an idiot instead of a good fan. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, turtle2328 said:

They did a lot this year to recapture home field advantage.

From your perch in the lower bowl, you didn't see a difference.

The club and upper levels were an absolute disaster. The "euphoria" of the crowd did not exist on those levels.

I can see the point of trying to protect STH value and maybe it was a strategy that would've worked long-term, but the seating bowl optics this season were terrible.

I'd like to see the Redskins either get a head start on their new 60K stadium by removing more seats from FedEx. And maybe making the prices for the actual tickets cheaper.

Edited by hail2skins

1 hour ago, hail2skins said:

From your perch in the lower bowl, you didn't see a difference.

The club and upper levels were an absolute disaster. The "euphoria" of the crowd did not exist on those levels.

I can see the point of trying to protect STH value and maybe it was a strategy that would've worked long-term, but the seating bowl optics this season were terrible.

I'd like to see the Redskins either get a head start on their new 60K stadium by removing more seats from FedEx. And maybe making the prices for the actual tickets cheaper.

No doubt those seats were pretty empty. However, the last few years those empty seats would have been full... of opposing team's fans. And that's much worse. So from that sense, there was a big difference.

I'd be completely down with removing the upper bowl or giving them away to elementary school kids. Paying customers at a reduced rate in the lower bowl that are passionate about the team... that's something worth paying for. Reserve  the club for premium prices and maybe visiting fans who are ready to pay a premium price.

1 hour ago, turtle2328 said:

No doubt those seats were pretty empty. However, the last few years those empty seats would have been full... of opposing team's fans. And that's much worse. So from that sense, there was a big difference.

I'd be completely down with removing the upper bowl or giving them away to elementary school kids. Paying customers at a reduced rate in the lower bowl that are passionate about the team... that's something worth paying for. Reserve  the club for premium prices and maybe visiting fans who are ready to pay a premium price.

This is something we'll probably have to agree to disagree on, but there is zero proof that Lafemina's new policy which resulted in higher secondary market prices dissuaded visiting fans in greater numbers than Redskins fans. 

Reserve the club for premium prices?  They do that, and you are seeing the result. A seating area in between the lower and upper levels that is at most 40-50 percent occupied for many games. 

Edited by hail2skins
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

1. This is something we'll probably have to agree to disagree on, but there is zero proof that Lafemina's new policy which resulted in higher prices dissuaded visiting fans in greater numbers than Redskins fans. 

2. Reserve the club for premium prices?  They do that, and you are seeing the result. A seating area in between the lower and upper levels that is at most 40-50 percent occupied for many games. 

1. I've got evidence supporting that did in fact work in all but the Eagles game. It's not the best evidence, but it's an excellent indicator.

2. They didn't really. We covered this in the other thread. Market value of the lower bowl is actually higher than the club level. That's gotta stop right? 

They should do it something like the the NHL's Knights. Sell the tickets to you and I at a discount, we agree not to re-sell them. If there's a resale, they stop selling us tickets. That protects their product in the middle rows. The upstairs could be used to generate goodwill and interest among the younger generations, military, first responders, etc.