Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Renewals

bryantlc

On 8/28/2018 at 10:55 AM, MarkB452 said:

LOL, show the prices for the seven other games on the schedule especially the preseason ones.

Those tickets have already dropped alot.  Colts cheapest last week was 125.  Now its down to 89.  I bet it drops another 40-50 by next week

10 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

Those tickets have already dropped alot.  Colts cheapest last week was 125.  Now its down to 89.  I bet it drops another 40-50 by next week

For reasons I’ve never really understood, the secondary market is strongest when the schedule is announced and then again during the draft.  An astute season ticket holder could sell the entire year during that window and then pick-up similar or better seats at a steep discount closer to game day. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Timmy_Smith said:

For reasons I’ve never really understood, the secondary market is strongest when the schedule is announced and then again during the draft.  An astute season ticket holder could sell the entire year during that window and then pick-up similar or better seats at a steep discount closer to game day. 

Folks bank of the excitement potential buyers have when the schedule comes out.  I would imagine there are a decent number of people, say, who live in Indianapolis who might decide to go to the game here in DC  and make their travel arrangements and purchase tickets on Stubhub right when the schedule comes out and the dates are known. Plus there are so many people who don't realize how much the prices on Stubhub fluctuate and just assume that its like the old days of the ticket brokers at RFK and that you are supposedly going to pay an arm and a leg for tickets no matter what.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Folks bank of the excitement potential buyers have when the schedule comes out.  I would imagine there are a decent number of people, say, who live in Indianapolis who might decide to go to the game here in DC  and make their travel arrangements and purchase tickets on Stubhub right when the schedule comes out and the dates are known. Plus there are so many people who don't realize how much the prices on Stubhub fluctuate and just assume that its like the old days of the ticket brokers at RFK and that you are supposedly going to pay an arm and a leg for tickets no matter what.

I think for the away fan it is different.  I used to do that for away games but i realized its so easy to do that for games not at Fedex too.  i got row 4 at cowboys stadium for 60 bucks the day before teh game on stub hub.  if i waited day of, i would have paid peanuts 

On 8/30/2018 at 2:09 PM, rick7423 said:

Was it just me or was the constant music playing between each play really annoying?

I have been a STH for the past 6 years, and i do not recall the music in the stadium being this loud and constant. It was giving me a headache and made it difficult to talk to people close to us.

Maybe I am just getting old, but when I go to a game, I do not need them to add extra "entertainment" on this level. I want to just watch football, drink a beer, and give the Philly/Dallas fans hell!

Last season was number 14 for me and I did not renew for financial considerations (on employer's RIF list when invoices were due) but, yeah, I had noticed the same thing in recent years.

I have found ... (probably in my "old age" as well) ... that the heavy proliferation of bass in current music today can induce a headache; even at lower volumes (which happened a couple of weeks ago at a bowling center), it happens because the bass is so heavy in the song itself that it feels like the building is going to shake.

Even when I came off the RIF list after Memorial Day when brought onto a different contract, I declined the chance to renew in June for a myriad of reasons with this infusion of divisive political rhetoric into the game being the primary.  Your post reminded me of another reason why I took a pass.

I had season tickets in section 131 by the tunnel for 7 years. I had to drop them in 2014 because the resale market tanked. During Gibbs 2, I could sell my Dallas tickets and recoup half of my total cost for the season. While the benefits of having season tickets is  on the decline, I think the tailgate experience at Fed ex is underrated. They pretty much let you do anything. I often had more fun partying with fans in the parking lot than actually watching the games. 

On 8/30/2018 at 6:30 PM, skinfan2k said:

I think for the away fan it is different.  I used to do that for away games but i realized its so easy to do that for games not at Fedex too.  i got row 4 at cowboys stadium for 60 bucks the day before teh game on stub hub.  if i waited day of, i would have paid peanuts 

You never would have gotten my tix for peanuts. I would rather eat them than give them away for next to nothing.  Not worth my time for peanuts.

11 hours ago, Howie411 said:

Has anyone received their Redzone and NFL Gameday pass info or did they get rid of that this year?  Normally we would have received it by now.

No i was wondering the same thing. Last year the login passwords came in the middle of august. If i remember correctly it was still listed as a perk with season tickets

On 9/3/2018 at 9:23 AM, jgibbsfootball said:

No i was wondering the same thing. Last year the login passwords came in the middle of august. If i remember correctly it was still listed as a perk with season tickets

checked with the ticket office.  They said hopefully by Friday.

4 hours ago, Howie411 said:

checked with the ticket office.  They said hopefully by Friday.

I will believe it when I see it, they are more out of sorts this year then I have every seen.  Most people just say anything to get you off the phone whether correct or not!

14 minutes ago, Littleyog said:

I will believe it when I see it, they are more out of sorts this year then I have every seen.  Most people just say anything to get you off the phone whether correct or not!

ha maybe but it was my rep who told me this and he knows I got him on speed dial so getting me off the phone only means I'll call him back again. lol

On ‎9‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 6:45 AM, Ashburn Dave said:

You never would have gotten my tix for peanuts. I would rather eat them than give them away for next to nothing.  Not worth my time for peanuts.

>> How about a Snickers bar?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dc-sports-bog/wp/2017/12/18/i-traded-a-snickers-bar-for-a-135-redskins-ticket/

If prices dip to ridiculous levels and I can not go, I will give my tickets to my dog sitter's family or Big Brothers/Big Sisters.

20 hours ago, Howie411 said:

ha maybe but it was my rep who told me this and he knows I got him on speed dial so getting me off the phone only means I'll call him back again. lol

Well I did just get the email!  However see below... no code.. thanks ticket office! HA.  Can't believe their incompetence!

Get Your Complimentary Access to NFL Game Pass and NFL RedZone! 
Your 2018 Redskins Season Ticket Membership benefits include free access to NFL Game Pass and NFL RedZone! 

Your unique NFL Game Pass access code: 

CLICK HERE for descriptions and instructions on how to gain access to these exclusive Member benefits. 

If you have any questions, please call or text your Client Services Representative at 301-276-6050.

On 9/5/2018 at 9:47 AM, MarkB452 said:

>> How about a Snickers bar?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dc-sports-bog/wp/2017/12/18/i-traded-a-snickers-bar-for-a-135-redskins-ticket/

If prices dip to ridiculous levels and I can not go, I will give my tickets to my dog sitter's family or Big Brothers/Big Sisters.

We don't have tix anymore but if we still did then yes, I would rather give them to a friend, family, or donate them before I get low balled by some buyer.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/28/2018 at 10:52 AM, Boss_Hogg said:

. Got this in the email. Team is struggling to sell tickets. 

Untitled.jpg

Three weeks later, a seat in 113 for GB  can be had on Stubhub for $171 (including fees), so that savings has whittled down to $30. Or if you want to sit in the club level with the nice concourse to hang out in before or after the game, you can do that for under $140!

28 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Three weeks later, a seat in 113 for GB  can be had on Stubhub for $171 (including fees), so that savings has whittled down to $30. Or if you want to sit in the club level with the nice concourse to hang out in before or after the game, you can do that for under $140!

The ad makes no sense anyways.   They're comparing the price of a secondary market / Stubhub ticket to the price of a Season Ticket as a reason to get season tickets, completely ignoring (for obvious reasons) the fact that anyone can buy a primary market ticket for just that single game, and thereby avoid paying for the other 9 games and parking while also avoiding the secondary market upcharge (which probably won't be much anyways)  

• Like 1

Just to let everyone know who received digital tickets.  I contacted the ticket office and they ended up sending me my coupons, usb charger and season ticket pin.  So if you didn't receive contact them and hopefully they will send it to you.  Only thing that was disappointing was the coupon for 25% off the Redskins store NO LONGER includes jerseys!  Ridiculous can't even give season ticket holders a discount on jerseys!

Edited by Littleyog

Good morning season ticket holders.  I just got a call from another sales guy from my company that lives up in NJ.  He had a customer up there ask him for tickets to the Redskin v Texans game.  Customer specifically asked for club level seats.  Kind of ballsy if you ask me - but whatever.   

The guy knows I'm a Skins fan and called me to ask me the best way to go about acquiring 4 - club tix.  So.....I'm here.  I know the Skins have single game tix available for some games.  Best way to get those is just call the Skins if available?  Any special number?  Any idea what the face value of that particular game is in club?  I know they changed the face value of games this year to reflect the match up. 

Any help on where to get started is appreciated.

Hail

I believe all club seats are sold directly through Stubhub by the team. For games like Cowboys and Eagles this is nice because they are usually pretty cheap relative to lower level seats. For games like the Texans, they will go down to around 80-100 bucks but wont go down much more than that becuase like I said, these tickets are sold by the team on Stubhub and they dont keep reducing the cost because they are worried about selling the tickets.

26 minutes ago, dudleyismydog said:

I believe all club seats are sold directly through Stubhub by the team. For games like Cowboys and Eagles this is nice because they are usually pretty cheap relative to lower level seats. For games like the Texans, they will go down to around 80-100 bucks but wont go down much more than that becuase like I said, these tickets are sold by the team on Stubhub and they dont keep reducing the cost because they are worried about selling the tickets.

Thanks for the reply.  I'll wander on over to Stubhub and see what they have.  I knew the team was selling single games - but wasn't sure if that was through the normal tix office or a broker.

So - if I follow the link on the Redskins official page - it takes me to Ticketmaster.  I'm finding club tix - 4 of them on the side of the endzone for $500 each.

When I go to Stubhub directly - they have a crapton available for less than half of Ticketmaster.  

What am I missing here?

Edited by Grumpy Vet